What's new

Does the PA need more troops to fight terror?

Sir,

We need new leadership in that army if you were terminated for being a bad A$$ while they sit around drinking chai as the Taliban plan against Islamabad.

Well KB dear, i think we have the best person to lead an Army of .6 million and i guess you are the one who can do it perfectly.

Why don't you come back to Pak and try joining the Army, let's see if what radical changes you make when you reach the four star!

Sir,

We need new leadership in that army if you were terminated for being a bad A$$ while they sit around drinking chai as the Taliban plan against Islamabad.

Kharian_Beast;sir
i guss, i deserved it!
i was wrong , i put my life & the life of my peoples in danger, just because, i was emotional at that very important time!:crazy::agree:

we can critisize them , but we should remember that, PAKARMY is transforming itself from a traditional army to a neuclear armed army right now!:smokin:
we must , give them some space & some credible substance to change thier attitude & thier thinking.
they are heading , towards a right direction but , we need to inject right medicine on right time, we can do that by writting or even critisizing them for thier good & for pakistan's sake?:azn:

i guss, this fourm is the best place to mold thier thinking!;)
as i had posted , this thread because i felt that, PAKARMY needs that !

IceCold, dear sir,
i have been terminated from the PAKARMY on the grounds of naughtyness, & dangerously self-centerdness!& some what crazyness!;):D
i never wanted to open it, because i thought that if PAKARMY kicked me out , thn i am just a fool from KAKOOL? & I am not the right person to represent PAKARMY on this , fourm .
but, still i love my PAKARMY more thn my life!:tup::pakistan::smitten:
no, its pakarmy's teachings that , one should respect others to be respected!
you deserved it!:agree:
Hey Batty, did you make it through PMA or were stuck in some particular term?

i don't know if your are deliberately misspelling it or not, but the word is Kakul.

Hey Batty, did you make it through PMA or were stuck in some particular term?

i don't know if your are deliberately misspelling it or not, but the word is Kakul.

i was in NLI, which meens i succsesfully passed PMA.:whistle:
its misspelling,& its deliberatly!:devil:
its my attitude!:smokin:
well, back on the topic?
what you think, why not to assemble a new command & a new force for fata, while we are getting , so much money on the WOT?

i was in NLI, which meens i succsesfully passed PMA.:whistle:
its misspelling,& its deliberatly!:devil:
its my attitude!:smokin:

You were in the NLI, ok, the old NLI or the Regimentized NLI after Kargil War?

If it was the later, then you must have left the Army not that long ago.

You resigned or what? Because there is nothing like 'terminated' in the Army.

You were in the NLI, ok, the old NLI or the Regimentized NLI after Kargil War?

If it was the later, then you must have left the Army not that long ago.

You resigned or what? Because there is nothing like 'terminated' in the Army.

NO, MORE personals, oky!;)
plz back on the topic, i had ask you a question! my young officer.:azn:

NO, MORE personals, oky!;)
plz back on the topic, i had ask you a question! my young officer.:azn:

Lolz... yes i was going to stop it, let's come over the other via!

Which question are you referring to?

And BTW, i am not that 'young':azn:

Lolz... yes i was going to stop it, let's come over the other via!

Which question are you referring to?

And BTW, i am not that 'young':azn:

what you think, why not to assemble a new command & a new force for fata, while we are getting , so much money on the WOT? :azn:

what you think, why not to assemble a new command & a new force for fata, while we are getting , so much money on the WOT? :azn:

Why don't you think that we should spend that 'money' you referred to, to, train, equip and re-organize the current manpower?

Why don't you think that we should spend that 'money' you referred to, to, train, equip and re-organize the current manpower?

our crunnt manpower is fully trainned for the conventional war! right.
we need , special troops with a seprate command , like US marrines!
to stop , the cancer in FATA.

I think 200000 MENS with special mountian training , what we need with good air power, in fata to counter the terror there! & to start devolpment in those areas.

our crunnt manpower is fully trainned for the conventional war! right.

Was, we now can also take on the unconventional stuff, details must be known to you.
we need , special troops with a seprate command , like US marrines!
to stop , the cancer in FATA.
Isn't the SSG doing the same job? The expansion is part of the game.

A specific AT force, well not a bad idea, but it's not a over night job, imagine the effort, money and resources required to raise something from scrap, nevertheless one can shift the strength from the main stream of the Army, but still the requirement is immediate, which the Army and other paramilitary forces can tackle, atleast as for now.
There is no more happy going marry in the military no more :)

I think 200000 MENS with special mountian training , what we need with good air power, in fata to counter the terror there! & to start devolpment in those areas.

Don't you think Siachen and the mountain warfare institution have already trained the military as regards to mountain warfare?

And already the Army and Airforce have synergyzing to counter the taliban effect.

BUT, Batty still i would be the last person who would oppose a dedicated AT Force, highly trained specific to COIN, ATT and unconventional warfare. :enjoy:

US Marines are not Special Forces.

Though they do have a USMC Special Operations Command.

US Marines are not Special Forces.

Though they do have a USMC Special Operations Command.

THE MARINES

There is a special aura surrounding the word "Marine". It means something different than a soldier, a cut above, and more can be expected from this person. Pride and cockiness are the trademarks of Marines, the strongest brotherhood in the world. To serve in the Marine Corps is to serve in an organization that demands and delivers excellence beyond all others. Service in the Marines leaves a lasting impression upon the innermost being of everyone who is privileged enough to serve. "Once a Marine, Always a Marine." To dispute this is to invite a brawl.
Marines enjoy a reputation of prowess in battle, that was earned "in every clime and place" throughout the world in nation's history.

While other services recruit by promising benefits, pay incentives, education opportunities and job selections, the Marine Corps recruiting is markedly different. Slogans such as "Maybe you can be one of us", "We never promised you a rose garden" and "We're looking for a few good men and women" lay down the challenge for the extraordinary young men and women who will become the next generation of Marines.

Marine Corps History
The United States Marine Corps trace its heritage the the British Royal Marines. Although the current ranks of the Royal Marines number quite small compared to today's US Marines (7,000 vs. 175,000), both Corps of Marines have stood side by side in conflicts around the globe and maintain their close ties. Both Corps of Marines frequently have liaison officers on exchange with each other. The USMC emblem was loosely modeled from the Royal Marines. Neither Corps' emblems incorporates a shield signifying defense, unlike those of other services.

During the war of 1812 with England, the British burned nearly every public building in Washington (including the White House and the Capital). The Marine Barracks were spared the burning out of respect.

Ancient Marines:

The first documented use of marines as a class of soldier in a standing army belongs to the Greeks and Romans. Themistocles, leader of the Athenians, issued a decree that his navy "enlist Marines, twenty to a ship" to turn back a Persian attack. Rome had special legions of "Milites Classiarri" or "soldiers of the fleet". Roman Marines served through out the remainder of the empire's life, not only at sea but also on land.

During the Dark Ages, Vikings performed many ship to shore raids. Although not as orthodox as their predecessors, their amphibious tactics would qualify them as Marines.

Royal Marines:

October 28, 1664 is the birthday of the Royal Marines. The Royal Marines were formed during the early stages of the Second Dutch War. King Charles II sanctioned the formation of the Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot, the first Regiment to be formed specially for service afloat. He decreed "That twelve hundred land souldjers be fortwith raysed, to be in readinesse, to be distributed into his Fleets, prepared for Sea Service [where] twelve hundred men are to be putt into One Regiment". The regiment was raised mainly from the Trained Bands of the City of London from which the Royal marines derive the privilege of marching through the City of London with Colours flying, drums beating and bayonets fixed.
As early as 1740, England had raised four battalions of 3,000 men for service against Spain. These men were known as "Gooch's Marines", after their leader Colonel William Gooch. In 1741, Gooch's Marines secured Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, as a British fleet base. (US Marines landed and secured Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from the Spanish later in June of 1898)
Another name associated with Gooch's Marines is Admiral Edward Vernon. He was taken by a young Marine officer in the regiment for a home he built at Little Hunting Creek, Virginia; he called it 'Mount Vernon'. The officer was Lawrence Washington, and upon his death the home passed to his younger brother, our first president.
The Continental Marines:
November 10, 1775 is the celebrated birthday of the US Marines. After several attempts by the American colonies to work out some sort of reconciliation between the Crown and the American people, the Colonial Congress decided to take a sterner attitude. A committee of the Congress drafted a resolution to create a new military unit, called the Continental Marines.
This resolution was drafted in a popular Philadelphian inn called Tun Tavern, and was later approved by the entire legislative body. The owner of the tavern, Robert Mullan, was named a Marine Captain, and the owner of another tavern, Samuel Nicholas, was designated commandant of the Continental Marines.

1776, March - Nicholas' Marines land on New Providence Island, Bahamas. In 13 days they secure 2 forts, occupy Nassau, control the Government House, seize 88 guns, 16,535 shells and other supplies. Returning from the raid, they encountered a British ship. Marines engaged the ship with muskets and assisted in manning the broadside cannon.

1776, December - Nicholas' Marines assist Washington's Army in the second battle of Trenton (the first recorded joint Army-Marine engagement). Later that spring, Washington incorporated some of the Marines in to artillery units of his reorganized Army
1778, January - Marines sail down the Mississippi and secure New Orleans to keep British traders out.

1778, April - A Marine detachment under the command of John Paul Jones makes two raids on Great Britain soil (the 1st in 700 years). Depicted here is Jones and his Marines preparing to raid Whitehaven.
1783, January - Marines board and seize the British ship Baille in the West Indies
1785, June - After the end of the American Revolutionary War (Jan, 1783), the last of the nations warships are sold. The Continental Marines go out of existance, along with the Navy.
1798, July 11 - President John Adams officially signs a bill in to law, creating the US Marines

Modern U.S. Marines

The role of the United States Marines has changed immeasurably since it began. Never before have Marines faced challenges like today. The scope, frequency and speed today's missions must be executed are unlike anything that has been done in the past.
On any given day 173,000 Marines are deployed away from their home bases. Since the end of the Persian Gulf Crisis (in 1991) through 1998, the Marines were "sent-in" over fifty times.
On average, the Marine Corps is called upon once every five weeks.

Four separate Marine Expeditionary Units (Special Operations Capable) deploy for six months, each having an average strength of 2,200 Marines and Sailors. Consisting of three to five amphibious assault ships, they move freely across the high seas without clearances or other diplomatic restraints. They represent the United States most flexible means of exerting force abroad.
The flight deck of an amphibious assault ship can accommodate a variety of helicopters, as well as the AV-8B "Harrier" and the MV-22 "Osprey". Its "wet well" deck can launch air-cushioned landing craft (LCAC's) and assault amphibian vehicles.
LCAC's can deliver Marines and their equipment at sprint speeds of 50 knots. These machines can traverse 70 percent of the world's coastline.
For a quarter of a century, Marines have maintained their own aviation equipment. Shown here in tight formation is a flight of Marine AV-8B "Harriers", the world's premiere vertical/short takeoff and landing aircraft
Marines do not have the luxury of choosing where to fight. From tropical jungles, blistering deserts or arctic cold, the Marine Corps trains to fight in all climates.

Marine Expeditionary Units are completely self sufficient. All deployable Marine units are trained for combat in the surf-line.
As more and more fighting and unrest in cities and built-up areas arise, Marines must have the option to use deadly and non-lethal weapons. Marines train in "Urban Warrior" exercises.

US Marines Training
Recruit Training

Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego and Parris Island are the birthplaces of

basically trained Marines. It is here where America's young men are transformed

into Marines. It is believed that Marines are forged in a furnace of shared

hardship and tough training. This shared, intense experience creates bonds of

comradeship and standards of conduct so strong that Marines will let nothing

stand in their way. This belief will continue to be the basis upon which we make

Marines.

Holding on to the high character of the Marines of the past, we look for ways to

inculcate the strong values that have become synonymous with the Marine Corps.

Through the MCRD?s challenging recruit training the Marine Corps is preparing

its Marines for the 21st century.

Marine Corps recruits are trained not only physically and mentally, but morally

as well. Forming the bedrock of any Marine's character are the Core Values --

Honor, Courage and Commitment. By incorporating these values into recruit

training, the Marine created is not just a basically trained, morally conscious

Marine, but also a better American citizen who will return to society following

his or her service to this country.

It has been said time and time again by former Marines that Marine Corps recruit

training was the most difficult thing they ever had to do in their entire lives.

In order to train the world's most elite fighting force, it has to be that way.

Upon arrival at the MCRD, a new recruit begins a virtually non-stop journey, the

end of which results in the transformation of that recruit into a new Marine.
The first stop is at Recruit Receiving, where new recruits spend the first few

days of their recruit training experience. Here they will receive their first

haircut and their initial gear issue, which includes items like uniforms,

toiletries and letter writing supplies. During this time recruits will also be

given a full medical and dental screening, and take the Initial Strength Test.

This test consists of a one and a half mile run, sit-ups and pull-ups to test

recruits to see if they're in shape to begin training.

Forming is the period when recruits are taken to their training companies and

they "meet" their drill instructors for the first time. During Forming's 2 days,

recruits learn the basics: how to march, how to wear their uniform, how to

secure their weapon, etc. This period of time allows recruits to adjust to the

recruit training way of life before the first actual training day.

Drill

Drill is the basic way in which platoons march and move from place to place. At

first, recruits will practice just staying in step with the rest of the platoon

and the drill instructor. However, as training continues, the platoon becomes a

well-oiled machine performing synchronous, complex drill movements. During

recruit training, platoons will also compete in two drill competitions. Drill is

mainly used to instill discipline, team pride and unit cohesion.

Physical Training

Physical Training, or "PT" as it is often called, comes in many forms aboard the

MCRD. Recruit training uses a progressive physical training program, which

builds up recruits to Marine Corps standards. Recruits will experience Table PT,

a period of training in which a drill instructor leads several platoons through

a series of demanding exercises while he demonstrates on a table. Recruits will

also run, either individually or as a platoon or squad. Other PT consists of

obstacle courses, circuit courses, or 3-, 5- or 10-mile conditioning marches.

Academic Training

Recruits will also exercise their minds through academics training in subjects

ranging from Marine Corps history, Marine customs and courtesies, and basic

lifesaving procedures. Recruits will also take an academic test while in recruit

training.

Core Values

The Corps' Core Values are Honor, Courage and Commitment. These values make up

the bedrock of a Marine's character. During recruit training, recruits are

taught these Core Values and the numerous others attached to them, such as

integrity, discipline, teamwork, duty and esprit de Corps. Drill instructors,

recruit training officers and Navy chaplains teach specific Core Values classes,

but drill instructors also talk one-on-one with recruits after other training

events to see what values were learned and how they affect the recruits. For

example, a drill instructor might talk about overcoming fears after rappelling

or not giving up after a long march.

Our 32nd Commandant, Gen. James L. Jones, envisioned a program to enable every

Marine to realize their full potential as a warrior. Drawing upon our rich

legacy of leadership and heritage of innovation, the Marine Corps developed the

Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. It is a martial art whose roots reach back

from the boarding parties of the Continental Marines, extend through the Raiders

of World War II and include the modern complexities of the three-block war.

Confidence Course
The Confidence Course is an 11-station obstacle course that helps recruits build
confidence as well as upper-body strength. Recruits will tackle this course
twice while aboard the MCRD.

Combat Water Survival

Training in Combat Water Survival develops a recruit's confidence in the water.
All recruits must pass the minimum requirement level of Combat Water Survival-4,
which requires recruits to perform a variety of water survival and swimming
techniques. If a recruit meets the CWS-4 requirements, he may upgrade to a
higher level. All recruits train in the camouflage utility uniform, but those
upgrading may be required to train in full combat gear, which includes a rifle,
helmet, flak jacket and pack.

Field Training

Field Training introduces recruits to field living and conditions. During the
3-day field training evolution, recruits will learn basic field skills from
setting up a tent to field sanitation and camouflage. It is also during this
training that recruits go through the gas chamber.

Marksmanship Training

Marksmanship training teaches recruits the fundamentals of marksmanship with
their M-16A2 service rifle. This training takes place over two weeks, the first of which is called Snap-In Week. During this week, recruits are introduced to the four shooting positions (standing, kneeling, sitting and prone) and a Primary Marksmanship Instructor shows recruits how to fire, how to adjust their sights, how to take into account the effects of the weather, etc. Recruits also have the opportunity to fire on the Indoor Simulated Marksmanship Training
machine. During the second week of marksmanship training, recruits actually fire a known-distance course with ranges of 200, 300 and 500 yards. Recruits prepare for rifle qualification on Friday of that week.

Field Firing Range (FFR)

FFR is a portion of training devoted to firing weapons in a field condition. During marksmanship training, recruits learn how to fire at a single target while in a stationary position. During FFR recruits learn how to fire at moving and multiple targets, while under low-light conditions and wearing their field protective (gas) mask.

The Crucible

The Crucible is a test every recruit must go through to become a Marine. It tests every recruit physically, mentally and morally and is the defining moment in recruit training.
The Crucible takes place over 54-hours and includes food and sleep deprivation and over 45 miles of marching.

The entire Crucible event pits teams of recruits against a barrage of day and night events requiring every recruit to work together solving problems, overcoming obstacles and helping each other along.

The obstacles they face range from long marches, combat assault courses, the problem-solving reaction course, and the team-building Warrior Stations. Each Warrior Station is named for a Marine hero whose actions epitomize the values we want recruits to espouse.During the crucible, recruits face obstacles that require them to work together.

Bottom line --
The Crucible is a rite of passage that, through shared sacrifice,recruits will never forget. With that memory and their Core Values learned in recruit training, they can draw upon the experience to face any challenge in their path.

Transition Phase

The last four weeks of training are spent aboard MCRD and are filled with final required events such as the Practical Examination, Physical Fitness Test, Battalion Commander?s Inspection and Company Drill. This is also the period in which the recruits begin to transition from the role of recruit to Marine. The culmination of this is the presentation of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, signifying the new Marine?s successful completion of recruit training.

Family Day & Graduation

Family Day and Graduation take place on the last two days while on MCRD. Family Day occurs on Thursday and gives new Marines a chance to see their family and friends for the first time during on-base liberty. Graduation is conducted on Friday at the completion of the Transition Phase. It is a formal ceremony and parade, attended by family and friends and executed on the Shepherd Field parade deck.

What's Next?

After Recruit Training
Following recruit training and graduation, the new Marines will go on to further their training.
To do this, the Marines will report to the School of Infantry which is located at Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Marines who are designated as infantry Marines are assigned to the Infantry Training Battalion, School of Infantry for military occupational specialty training. After graduating, these Marines will be assigned to their first permanent duty station.
All non-infantry Marines are assigned to Marine Combat Training (MCT) Battalion,

School of Infantry for training. MCT reinforces and expands on the basic Marine-combat skills learned in recruit training. Following MCT, Marines attend their MOS schools to learn the trade they are expected to perform for the Marine Corps.

Weekly Training Schedule

Week 1

Intro to Physical Training
Intro to Core Values
Intro to the M-16A2 Service Rifle
Intro to Circuit Course
Obstacle Course I
Marine Corps Martial Arts Program

Week 2

Strength & Endurance Course
Pugil Sticks I
Bayonet Training
First Aid classes
Core Values classes
Academic classes
Physical Training
Obstacle Course II

Week 3

Log Drills
First Aid classes
Senior Drill Instructor Inspection Confidence Course I
Pugil Sticks II
Academic classes
Physical Training
Initial Drill Evaluation

Week 4

Initial Physical Fitness Test
Core Values Classes
Pugil Sticks III
Museum Tour
Academic classes
Movement to WFTBN
Confidence Course II
Series Officer Inspection

Week 5

3 Mile Hike
Marksmanship Training
5 Mile Hike
Core Values classes
Physical Training

Week 6
Marksmanship Qualification
Physical Training

Week 7
8-Mile Hike
Field Training
Confidence (Gas) Chamber
Field Firing

Week 8

The Crucible
Core Values classes
Warrior's Breakfast
Equipment Inspection
Movement back to MCRD

Week 9
1st Uniform Issue & Fit
Swim qualification
Marine Corps Martial Arts Program- Testing
US Marines - United States Marine Corps

Core Values classes
Defensive Driving Course
Intermediate Physical Fitness Test

Week 10

Small Unit Leadership
Final Uniform Issue & Fit
Interior Guard
Physical Training
Blood Drive
Obstacle Course III

Week 11
Family of the Corps Presentation
Practical Examination
Final Physical Fitness Test
Rappelling
Company Commander's Inspection

Week 12
Final Drill Evaluation
Battalion Commander?s Inspection
Motivation Run
Emblem Ceremony
Family Day and Base Liberty
Graduation
http://www.marines.cc

MY, dear jk , sir!
i think they are very special, plz read the following & plz do think about a new force in PAKARMY.:):enjoy:
THANKS

Their role is special ie amphibious warfare but they are not an elite unit in terms of Special Operations.

Special Forces operate behind enemy lines Marines don't.

The US supports your proposal from the training of troops perspective Batty,

US training of Pakistani troops to grow

* LA Times reports Islamabad has agreed to expand Washington’s effort for military coaching
* Claims Mullen ‘deeply concerned’ about state of affairs in Pakistan

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: Islamabad has agreed to allow the US a greater role in training its military, the Los Angeles Times has reported amid Washington’s fears that Pakistan is ill-equipped to fight the war on terror.

The agreement is part of an accord that will also send counterinsurgency equipment to help Pakistan step up its offensive against the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

Washington has been watching with growing alarm as Taliban have made military gains in Pakistan.

Senior US Defence officials remain worried about Islamabad’s ability to beat back the Taliban advance.

The Pakistani military lacks some of the equipment useful in fighting an insurgency. And after months of fighting, the forces hunting the Taliban are exhausted, said the newspaper.

“You have a Pakistani military that is battle weary,” a senior US official said. “Their equipment is aged and not effective.” On his trip last week to Pakistan, Admiral Michael Mullen – chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff – met Gen Ashfaq Kayani. He emerged from his meetings with Kayani deeply worried, telling aides that the situation had grown far worse than even two weeks before, when he had visited with special US envoy Richard Holbrooke. “I have never seen him come back more concerned, deeply bothered by what he saw,” said a military officer.

Pakistani operations include the use of heavy artillery, helicopters and fighter jets to strike Taliban positions. But US officials fear that those tactics would be ineffective or could backfire by inflicting civilian casualties. “The US military would like to see Pakistan’s military move in light infantry or commando units,” said the newspaper. Over the long term, the US military believes training the Pakistanis for that kind of combat is critical for countering the Taliban threat.

But so far, Pakistan has only allowed in about 70 US special operations trainers – an effort the American military has long been anxious to expand.

The new agreement would have the US military train Pakistani officers outside Pakistan. The Pentagon has offered to train the Pakistanis in the US, but a senior official said the location had not been finalised.

Although it is not clear what Mullen offered Kayani, he did outline Washington’s plans to dramatically ramp up aid.

Michele Flournoy, the undersecretary of defence for policy, was to testify before Congress on Wednesday and outline the new initiatives to provide additional training and equipment to Islamabad.

The fund would allow US Central Command to buy helicopters for the Pakistani military. It was not clear whether the US military would advocate buying new helicopters or refurbishing old ones from Eastern European allies.

Source: Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom