What's new

Do the Chinese Like or Dislike Chinese Communist Party?

Pardon my ignorance,,, How is government/president/etc are chosen in China???
I mean is there election,,, or nomination ???

Pardon my ignorance,,, How is government/president/etc are chosen in China???
I mean is there election,,, or nomination ???

The government itself is elected. People at the village-county level directly vote for committee members. These committee members then vote for representatives for the National People's Congress. The National People's Congress then votes for the President, appoints a State Council, and a standing committee. There you have the 3 top leaders: President, Premier of the State Council and Chairman of the Standing NPC.

im not in favor of the party but i also got no problem with their rule. its doesnt matter to me, my circumstance is not good, the party exist or not, in power or not, i would still live in pathetic life, i cant blame the regime for my personal failure.

its capitalism, which means competition. im a loser of this game, become one of the millions died body contribute to great victory of china.

how would CPC step down or being overthrown benefit me? free real estate for me?:sick:

same feelings but hopefully one day we'll be winners =)

The government itself is elected. People at the village-county level directly vote for committee members. These committee members then vote for representatives for the National People's Congress. The National People's Congress then votes for the President, appoints a State Council, and a standing committee. There you have the 3 top leaders: President, Premier of the State Council and Chairman of the Standing NPC.
This sounds like democratic system...!!! Then why Americans include China when they talk about countries with NO democracy,,, & when they talk of ppl NOT being given their rights....!!!?

This sounds like democratic system...!!! Then why Americans include China when they talk about countries with NO democracy,,, & when they talk of ppl NOT being given their rights....!!!?

Because the majority of the power is still with technocrats who are promoted and not elected. Think of it as the civil service but with more power.

Because to the US, Saudi Arabia is a great democracy, while Iran with elections is a stone age monarchy.

Haven't you heard? By definition, everyone that's friends with the US is democratic, and everyone against the US is a dictator.

No seriously though, our elections are useless, corruption is everywhere and it is very indirect even if there's no corruption. But this is NO WORSE than many other "democratic" countries!

This a rather general question - instead of asking it at a national level - it should be asked at a provincial level. If same question were to be asked about India - I could say that while a majority of the people support the Indian State, there is a sizable minority which does not. The problem with countries having populations and sizes as huge as India and China is that the voices of the dissident minorities can easily be drowned by the din of the majority.

Let's not even begin to compare America's democratic set up - Britain has always been a much fairer democracy. The Americans did not even give African Americans the right to vote for the longest time. Heck, if you look at the 2000 Gore-Bush fight - if not for disenfranchised African Americans in Florida, Gore would have been President of the US.

besides all the hypocrisy, the stupidy, and bias of the western media on the "evil chinese goverment" lets get down it..

do the majority of people's republic of china citizens support the CCP, or do not support it.. yes there has been protest in china, but it seems like alot of chinese citizens are fine with the CCP

The bias of the west against China is to due their ideological blinders. Epitomized by Francis Fukuyama, they believe that Caucasian culture, politics, economy represents the peak of civilization and that every country in the world should adopt it, starting with democracy. They then implement democracy in tribal countries like Afghanistan and watch as warlords, opium, and the Taliban make a joke of the Karzai regime. They would rather see a country fail and adopt their system, than succeed on its own, like China.

I can also give you my personal opinion of the CPC. The government suffers from corruption and lack of transparency. It also lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty and is growing China into the world's biggest economy in a decade or two. It also did a marvelous job taking care of expats in Libya and evacuating Chinese citizens affected by the Japanese earthquake. Compare that to Canada's tepid response:

Canadians stuck in Japan say government response 'insulting'

By DAVE DORMER, QMI Agency

Last Updated: March 18, 2011 9:22pm

CALGARY — Foreign Affairs officials have been little to no help for Canadians trapped in Japan, a Calgarian stuck there says.

Kaz Morran, 30, was in the hardest hit city of Sendai when the 9.0 magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami struck March 11 and said he spent days trying to reach Canadian embassy officials in Tokyo.

"I got through but it was just a recording saying my call was important to them and it would be returned within two business days," he said.

"It would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous."

An English teacher there for the last four years, Morran finally reached an official in Ottawa on Wednesday, who told him a bus was being chartered by the Australian government to go from Sendai to Tokyo and he and his wife's names would be put on the passenger list.

"They said it was leaving from city hall at 5:30 p.m. which was only a few hours notice," he said.

"It seemed to me like the best the Canadian government could do was make a phone call to the Aussies and ask if we could tag along."

When Morran and his wife, Akiko, 30, arrived at Sendai city hall, he said Australian officials had no idea they were supposed to be on board.

"They let us on anyway," he said.

"We actually got the last two seats on the bus."

Morran said he met a half-dozen other Canadians evacuating Sendai and they had similar experiences with Canadian officials.

"One guy I talked to, the government told him if he wanted to leave he should go to the Sendai airport, which any idiot with an Internet connection knows is pretty much destroyed," he said.

"You'd think the government of Canada's emergency help centre would know the airport is not an option, it seemed insulting they would even be telling us that."

After a harrowing, five-hour bus ride that took them within 55 km of the Fukushima nuclear reactor, the group arrived in the Roppongi district of Tokyo where Morran said it was the Australians who again offered assistance, securing the couple a hotel room for two nights.

Now on their own, Morran said he won't be relying on the Canadian government for help.

"I don't really see the point," he said.

"They have my number, they can contact me if they want.

"We're just going to wait it out here, we've got supplies and the power is working.

"Everything is fairly normal in Tokyo."

Foreign Affairs officials did not return calls for comment.

A group of 10 University of Calgary students studying in Japan have also been told to leave the country due to what officials are calling "the rapidly evolving and uncertain situation," to ensure their safety.

Here is an advanced and democratic country which cannot even organize its foreign affairs department sufficiently to evacuate its own citizens in a time of need. And yet, a developing, nondemocratic government is leading the way. The virtue of a government is found in its deeds, and I find the deeds of the CPC satisfactory, provided that it continues its reforms to reduce corruption.

As far as the Communist Party of China is concerned, I am sure all Chinese love them includiingthose who have gone abroad to live.

It is however surprising that they live in other countries when China is doing so well and is so beautiful with modern buildings, bridges, wide roads and all that and is much better a place to live than the decadent west and the underdeveloped east.

And since China is on the rise and a better place, those who have acquired foreign citizenship should also return to savour the glory of their forefathers' land that elsewhere.

No one has any choice as to ones place of birth. But one can choose ones identity and affiliation; jus soli, or jus sanguinis.

Citizenship is different than ethnic and national identity. The old Roman Empire sported many citizens of different ethnic and national origins. When it collapsed, it left hardly any traces of its existence. It never became a country; only existed as an empire nation (i.e. USA). But most of the original countries it conquered remained and continued their existence.

Some 50+ dynasties, 450+ Emperors and Empresses; many had been half of something else other than Chinese have come and gone in China, it’s the country that stands, not the governments that ruled over it. Of the last four or five governments in China, this one had done the most and deserves recognition and respect despite ideological and ism differences.

The power of the Chinese Diaspora was a huge factor in the creation of the first Republic in Asia back in 1911. As long as the dedication and loyalty to the country exists, it doesn’t matter whence. Israel is supported by whom?

The current Diaspora is very successful globally just like China itself. All that’s part of it has the right to choose how and to what extent they want to support China.

Sounds like a little sour grapes to me.

Please don't mind him. He's known to post inane replies just to goad Chinese members.

No one has any choice as to ones place of birth. But one can choose ones identity and affiliation; jus soli, or jus sanguinis.

Citizenship is different than ethnic and national identity. The old Roman Empire sported many citizens of different ethnic and national origins. When it collapsed, it left hardly any traces of its existence. It never became a country; only existed as an empire nation (i.e. USA). But most of the original countries it conquered remained and continued their existence.

Some 50+ dynasties, 450+ Emperors and Empresses; many had been half of something else other than Chinese have come and gone in China, it’s the country that stands, not the governments that ruled over it. Of the last four or five governments in China, this one had done the most and deserves recognition and respect despite ideological and ism differences.

The power of the Chinese Diaspora was a huge factor in the creation of the first Republic in Asia back in 1911. As long as the dedication and loyalty to the country exists, it doesn’t matter whence. Israel is supported by whom?

The current Diaspora is very successful globally just like China itself. All that’s part of it has the right to choose how and to what extent they want to support China.

Sounds like a little sour grapes to me.

An eloquent answer.

Back
Top Bottom