What's new

Desperate US wants to be part of India’s first manned space mission

While I disagree with the idiotic title, but I believe India shouldn't take US help (for this particular mission)

Stuff like this is a matter of national pride, US will....steal our thunder :D .
We should take some help, but it should never come to a state that, the first manned mission is termed as a 'collaboration'

@Liquid

US will sell us the GSLV engines but will never give us the actual technology

Idk, they have been launching successful medium lift launch systems sense the 80s. I am sure they can help India out..

I know they can help India out, but do you think US will do that? For how many countries US did something same? I don't think so. The help or collaboration will be much more limited, mainly subsystems. We can expect such helps from Russia only, not US.

I know they can help India out, but do you think US will do that? For how many countries US did something same? I don't think so. The help or collaboration will be much more limited, mainly subsystems. We can expect such helps from Russia only, not US.

They pretty much did all of it for Japan

Title is stupid period.

India and US not in same league ok accepted, is this something to be stated??? its like saying apples fall because of gravity.

Should India work in Space collaborations with USA no thanks, we can do it on our own.

Now and then let us just say we like building rockets and blowing them up mid sky. Why because it is considered auspicious according to Hindu mythology once or twice a year. But no collaboration is a strict no-no with USA.

Come on guys we don't need any help..
We have to do ourselves
i pray to god that there would be no collabaration...
After our first manned mission we can collabarate wid them

I would see it the other way around. India isnt the one that has been doing manned space missions for years. America's expertise can help India, if it doesn't want the help thats fine too..

Indian-Americans need USA more than India. India can do without USA and actually that would make Indians self-reliant and less relying on outsiders for doing their own work. But Indian-american can't imagine an India without USA. They can't "imagine" such India. Its their weakness which is natual being Indian-american, a case of mixed loyalty.

The problem with today's Indian government is that, it works for NRI lobby and few private business lobbies in India which are basically anglo-Indians. They care two-hoots about 1.2 Billion "Indians". For them, its just a market. Period.

Listen to ex-IAF chief's open accusation in media in recent week about this lobby, behind new Defense FDI policy which pushes for foreign collaborations into R&D instead of taking Russian model of growing by building on your own achievements in steps and not selling-out for quick-profits Indian software-cum-contract industry model which lost focus from R&D competencies because they are too busy serving western majors. Same will happen soon and HAL will lose focus and will become a infosys style "service-center" for Western majors, if this policy is implemented.

All right fine, India is super duper important to USA. I am sure Pakistan is/was too vis-a-vis Russia and know Afghanistan.

That's a pretty common excuse Indian-americans use to sanction and "justify" America's arming and boosting Pakistan's army. That's a very weak excuse actually.

American animosity towards Russia is not India's problem. I am not sure of Indo-American lobby though. They don't have a clear record when it comes to "India's regional" interests.

That's great but why are we trying to send men to the Moon when we're damn good at programming robots to do that for us. I thought we were past the stage of sending humans.

They did for China also. Don't forgot the scientists who started your missile program in China, studied and worked in the USA for a long time. They took that knowledge and gave it to China. One of them was guiding China's missile development till he died. Russia has also helped China a great deal and continues to use Russian scientists who left the USSR after its fall. Its very easy to malign other countries accomplishments, you need to take a closer look before you preach!

Back
Top Bottom