What's new

Desperate US wants to be part of India’s first manned space mission

I know what I wrote and I stand by it. India is definitely not in the same league as US. And us Indians see ourselves strategically more important than the reality. But this could be reality in the coming decade with sustained economic development. But I don't see that just yet. I hope not many Indians fall for this false sense of pride.

Are you joking now? Who thinks India is in the same league of US? From where these words of yours come? Pure inferiority complex. And China is not our 'boogey'. lol

This is about India-US seeking collaborations with each other and you discriminate India for no reason!! Strange.

And us Indians see ourselves strategically more important than the reality.

No, we underestimate ourselves.

I would see it the other way around. India isnt the one that has been doing manned space missions for years. America's expertise can help India, if it doesn't want the help thats fine too..

indian should make it a point to build a very close relationship with the US. It is in both countries' set interest to take it to tenet level.

Are you joking now? Who thinks India is in the same league of US? From where these words of yours come? Pure inferiority complex. And China is not our 'boogey'. lol

This is about India-US seeking collaborations with each other and you discriminate India for no reason!! Strange.

No, we underestimate ourselves.

You are just oblivion to reality, aren't you? Anyways, Good luck with that.

Personally i feel there should be no collaboration between nasa and isro.
We have to complete our manned mission ourself...We have to learn on our own
Us is trying to play its game....
And we don't want US to be too much closer with us..
Don't interfere in our space and nuclear sector and aviation sector...We want our companies to figure it themselves

Thats because we see what america is and how India stack up against it currently. So we make an informed observation unlike your delusional rants.

Apart from inferiority complex you learned another thing in US ie insulting people with degretory language, congrats. But pls no need to inform us such 'observations', be happy with yourself.

You are just oblivion to reality, aren't you? Anyways, Good luck with that.
As I said you are the enlightened one, only your observations are true!!! :lol:

Your sole purpose in this thread was not to discuss the thread but showing off US.

The title is pathetic. The fact remains, india needs US help in space technologies. we need that cryogenic engine tech to power our space missions. in that sense, india needs US more than US needs india.

however, in the field of strategic affairs, i think US needs indian help to counter the rise of china.

A bit of a stretch perhaps. India needs US help on this issue with China as much if not more than the US needing our help. The U.S. still has other variables at play, we have none! How do we balance China in the near future without the U.S.? Can't & won't happen. This relationship will probably turn out to be the most important strategic relationship for both U.S. & India.

Coming to the article, I cringe every time I see a headline & a story like this. Completely delusional and brainless. The U.S. desperate? Why do we have to make ourselves look foolish? We could do with all the help we get on missions like these. No point in reinventing the wheel if a Goodyear dealership is around the corner. If the U.S. wants in, we should welcome them, terms being acceptable of course.

We are not in the same league as US, not even China.

What this? It's true.
So much strong position!!! All the guys from US think same!!! lol You are enlightened, must know everything.

Yes, it IS true that USA and China is a head of India. That doesnt mean we have inferior complex because we admit it.

China already put a man into orbit already, India is trying that in 2017..

A bit of a stretch perhaps. India needs US help on this issue with China as much if not more than the US needing our help. The U.S. still has other variables at play, we have none! How do we balance China in the near future without the U.S.? Can't & won't happen. This relationship will probably turn out to be the most important strategic relationship for both U.S. & India.

Coming to the article, I cringe every time I see a headline & a story like this. Completely delusional and brainless. The U.S. desperate? Why do we have to make ourselves look foolish? We could do with all the help we get on missions like these. No point in reinventing the wheel if a Goodyear dealership is around the corner. If the U.S. wants in, we should welcome them, terms being acceptable of course.

Exactly! End of the day USA DOESNT have China in its back yard, thats India. End of the day China doesn't claim a whole state in USA, that India's state. India doesn't have NATO, or whole allies in EU, India is basically alone. India needs USA more then USA will ever need India.

nice debate guys. and good to see many Indians questioning the self boasting title.

just one question though - whats the guarantee that if any success achieved out of this mission would be credited enough to India or ISRO ?? especially aftre the moon water discovery drama where the creadit was taken away by NASA inspite of it being discovered by ISRO.

however, I belive, no one needs no one here. If USA doesnt come, ISRO would stil do it and if India rejects USA's offer, nothing's gonna change for US.they have done it hundred of times. Its better if they work together.

I wopuld also like few Indians to be reminded that they just cant underestimate ISROs capabilities, just because NASA has had years of experince in this field.moon water discovery is an example. everyone is equally important.

Yes, it IS true that USA and China is a head of India. That doesnt mean we have inferior complex because we admit it.

China already put a man into orbit already, India is trying that in 2017..

You dont reply to the post meant for you but posting the same thing again and again. I am not comparing India with China or US. You strangely swift away from the discussions to US India comparison and now even China!!! :rolleyes:

And isnt India using GSLV the medium lift launch to put the men to space? Didn't this fail 3 times out of 7 times when launching satellites to orbit? You would think India would need USA's or Russia's help more then ever so nothing goes wrong..

And isnt India using GSLV the medium lift launch to put the men to space? Didn't this fail 3 times out of 7 times when launching satellites to orbit? You would think India would need USA's or Russia's help more then ever so nothing goes wrong..

only 2 i believe

What help do you expect from USA regarding GSLV?

Back
Top Bottom