What's new

Desperate US wants to be part of India’s first manned space mission

I am happy with Isro achievement, But US needs india more than india needs US. What Does it mean ???

The title is pathetic. The fact remains, india needs US help in space technologies. we need that cryogenic engine tech to power our space missions. in that sense, india needs US more than US needs india.

however, in the field of strategic affairs, i think US needs indian help to counter the rise of china.

From what I understand, you're wondering why they're so eager to cooperate with ISRO. Well, budget constraints have grounded all their plans for at least the next decade if I'm not mistaken. If anything they'd like to use this opportunity to come along for the ride and make the most of it (like India's first moon mission) while providing ISRO with time tested technology and expertise. Not sure about the financial aspect of it all, but I doubt its anything malicious so there's no reason to sound so concerned.

I have said something same.... win-win situation. but you should read this as well.... thats what we were discussing for.

If you can make some bucks off of India, why not rush? But if India doesnt want it, thats fine too.. India can do this alone. =P

@Indians

Stop over selling ourselves to the world. Just because US offered support doesn't mean anything. And stop downplaying US. Remember US is still the sole super power and would be for at least the next 2 decades.

We are not in the same league as US, not even China. US sees India as strategically important to them vis a vis China. They wants us and other of its strategic allies to form a hedge against China. Hence the offers. Nothing less nothing more.

So we need to come back from high dreams and see the reality. We are still not there yet. Lets not compare ourselves with US and make a fool of ourselves.

PS. Even with the current budget NASA has ten times more money than tiny ISRO.

Where you find the overselling?? Your post is full of inferiority complex.

I bow down to the great US super duper power!!! :lol:

The title is pathetic. The fact remains, india needs US help in space technologies. we need that cryogenic engine tech to power our space missions. in that sense, india needs US more than US needs india.

however, in the field of strategic affairs, i think US needs indian help to counter the rise of china.

Even in the strategic affairs, India needs US help to join NSG, MTCR etc. Even with the UNSC seat. Only card we have is boogey China. If its not there, US could care less about India for at least next 10 years.

Idk, so you tell me(or anyone else) why USA would need India more then the other way around?

No, I was not talking about who needs whom but as you think US is ready to help India only for bucks, I am questioning that.

As far as 'who needs whom' question is concerned I think India and US equally needs each other.

Even in the strategic affairs, India needs US to join NSG, MTCR etc. Even with the UNSC seat. Only card we have is boogey China. If its not there, US could care less about India for at least next 10 years.

while i agree with NSG issue and UN security council issue, i m not sure abt other things like MTCR. MTCR is just a treaty signed by few nations and india is not party to it. india, pak, north korea iran have regularly tested long range missile and US couldnt do anything abt it. we have official policy of not exporting ballestic missile so in which way US can help us on MTCR?

US is fast realising that indian and US interests are convering and US needs indian help to contain the rise of china.

No, I was not talking about who needs whom but as you think US is ready to help India only for bucks, I am questioning that.

As far as 'who needs whom' question is concerned I think India and US equally needs each other.

Is there bucks to be made off of India's growing space ambitions yes or no?

I am very happy with the collaboration. An extra hand is always helpful as long as it doesn’t harm our interests

It’s not relevant who needs who the most when it win-win situation for both of us

Inferiority complex? :lol::lol:

OMG..Were you serious?

Yeah I am serious, go through your post again and what you have written.

BTW as I said I don't agree with the facts that US needs India more or India needs US more etc but both are equally important to each other for many reasons. US is not doing any special favor, US is not that kind of country. They needs us and we need them, win-win situation.

Yeah I am serious, go through your post again and what you have written.

BTW as I said I don't agree with the facts that US needs India more or India needs US more etc but both are equally important to each other for many reasons. US is not doing any special favor, US is not that kind of country. They needs us and we need them, win-win situation.

I know what I wrote and I stand by it. India is definitely not in the same league as US. And us Indians see ourselves strategically more important than the reality. But this could be reality in the coming decade with sustained economic development. But I don't see that just yet. I hope not many Indians fall for this false sense of pride.

Is there bucks to be made off of India's growing space ambitions yes or no?

No, its not like defence. India's space budget is not that huge or India doesn't have that big projects. Only collaborations are possible like India have with Russia regarding GLONASS, manned mission, Chandrayaan-2 etc. Even Chandrayaan-1 is an example of good cooperation between US and India.

If you think that India will buy off huge chunk of equipments from US, thats not correct. But yes, India also asking for collaborations or helps for some critical technologies that could help both countries other wise US would not been agreed.

I think its agreed the US would like to work with India in furthering their manned space mission especially given the financial issues in their country. To call them desperate however is uncalled for, the title is something reserved for low class tabloids. Only housewives would take it seriously IMO

Back
Top Bottom