What's new

Death Of The Liberal Turkish Dream

Yeah, i'm sure you are very well informed about the genetics of the modern Turkish people....

Markus, i beg you......I'm not novice on the subject. So, please sell your crap to someone else....there are no buyers here.

So why do we look identical? And most important what happened to the people there?

Are you claiming ethnic cleansing and genocide? And what happened to your asian eyes then?

So why do we look identical? And most important what happened to the people there?

Are you claiming ethnic cleansing and genocide? And what happened to your asian eyes then?
We drove Byzantines to west, by wars, raids on settlements and with treaties. However we took many wives from conquered lands and from expeditions. Empire's lands enlarged and all kinds of people come to Anatolia, etc....

And we can't look identical, us Turks appearance diverse greatly.

We drove Byzantines to west, by wars, raids on settlements and with treaties. However we took many wives from conquered lands and from expeditions. Empire's lands enlarged and all kinds of people come to Anatolia, etc....

To be honest, when i was in Italy, almost all mistook me for being an Italian. Maybe the geography/climate changed our appearance over time, adapting to the climate etc.

I saw noone in Istanbul who lookes different than italian or spanish guy. The typical mediterranean roman style.

Also how did come "all kind of people" to Anatolia? Did come anyone who didn´t was there before? Ephesos for example during roman times was the 3rd largest city of the empire. Behind Roma and Alexandria. And what about "Byzantines"? That was just one time period. There was no "byzantine" ethnicity.

Do you know what "Levantines" are? Its italian people who lived and live in ottoman empire and turkey. Also today. You have an entire quarter named "Galata". There live so many thousands of italians.

To be honest, when i was in Italy, almost all mistook me for being an Italian. Maybe the geography/climate changed our appearance over time, adapting to the climate etc.
Yeah....they can't figure out too...when i was in Europe...they would think for a second and say Italian or Spanish.

I saw noone in Istanbul who lookes different than italian or spanish guy. The typical mediterranean roman style.

Also how did come "all kind of people" to Anatolia? Did come anyone who didn´t was there before? Ephesos for example during roman times was the 3rd largest city of the empire. Behind Roma and Alexandria. And what about "Byzantines"? That was just one time period. There was no "byzantine" ethnicity.

We had a blond friend..people would mistake him for Russian.

Do you know what "Levantines" are? Its italian people who lived and live in ottoman empire and turkey. Also today. You have an entire quarter named "Galata". There live so many thousands of italians.
Balkan, Greek, Arab, Persian, Russian

Yeah....they can't figure out too...when i was in Europe...they would think for a second and say Italian or Spanish.

Balkan, Greek, Arab, Persian, Russian

So what are those for you? You see them as turks as tehy are turkish citizens or italians then?

My cousin is blonde, my uncle looks like an Indian, I'm a ginger and my father looks like an Italian. We're vary considerably in looks and are a mix of different groups.
I've lived most of my life in Denmark, my professors normally think im Swedish or Norwegian because of my name, which is of course secret :D, but they got the exact same name up there. Turks are very mixed, during the Ottoman Empire for example, we imported Danish workers in Istanbul, because they were stable principled workers.
For example the phrase, bu adam isin tam daniskasi, comes from Danish = daniska, because they were extremely good at doing their job. In Danish language, danes are called dansker, it's pronounced as daniska.

A Turkish professor i met in Canakkale told me this :) this year during 18 March kutlamalari

Last edited:
I've lived most of my life in Denmark, my professors normally think im Swedish or Norwegian because of my name, which is of course secret :D, but they got the exact same name up there. Turks are very mixed, during the Ottoman Empire for example, we imported Danish workers in Istanbul, because they were stable principled workers.
For example the phrase, bu adam isin tam daniskasi, comes from Danish = daniska, because they were extremely good at doing their job. In Danish language, danes are called dansker, it's pronounced as daniska
Yeah, we even brought people from......Iceland. :o: :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions

We say "How happy is the one who says I am a Turk"

That's enough for us.

But what i try to say is that they live there since 12th century as italian merchants. Have italian name still today ad speak italian ect.

Btw it was fun to talk with some from there. They speak a strange italian dialect.

For example the phrase, bu adam isin tam daniskasi, comes from Danish = daniska, because they were extremely good at doing their job. In Danish language, danes are called dansker, it's pronounced as daniska

In my case, I have a "family issue". My uncles married Eastern European woman and all of their children are white and blonde. According to my taste, my family becomes simply too white. I don't like this. But, okay, I'm more into black/brown woman. :D :D :D

Yeah, we even brought people from......Iceland. :o: :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Abductions
Even worse, i've got close friends from the Faroese Islands. They told me Ottoman Ships "invaded" the country, and the blonde Faroese women, upon meeting our gorgeous brown eyed, black haired dudes raped all our men on board to have their children. :D
This sounds like a funny little joke, but it's actually true :omghaha: 2 close faroese friends told me the exact same story.
One of my female faroese friends told me, the reason behind some faroese being dark haired and darker complexion is due to Ottoman Pirates visiting their islands.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ottoman_conquests,_sieges_and_landings

"Landings in the Northern Atlantic including the British Isles, Shetland Islands, Faroe Islands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Labrador, Gulf of Saint Lawrence, Newfoundland and Virginia 1627 1660"

I'm more into black/brown woman
I don't think there are many Turks who prefer blonde women, over brunette to be honest. The blonde thing is just a hype that's very rare among men

Back
Top Bottom