What's new

Death Of The Liberal Turkish Dream

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the former Turkish prime minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, was a huge supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood. I think he wrote in his famous book, Stratejik Derinlik, that his dream was to establish a "Muslim Brotherhood belt" across the MENA region. To be honest, the AKP comes across as an ill-intentioned, pan-Islamic political party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/29/opinion/ahmet-davutoglu-and-turkeys-imperial-fantasy.html?_r=0
Ironically Erdogan kicked him out of his job as Prime minister. :D

Eastern turkey is leftist and population there total (redpart) is 5 million tops

Turkey is a country of 80 million

@Kuwaiti Girl someone said you're aren't even real kuwaiti arab but baloch :partay:

Balochi liberalism and democracy is more advanced right? :lol:

A fringe society exists among the Baloch, just like the Kurds in Turkey. No need to take this troll seriously.

Very ironic indeed!

Could it be that Erdogan decided to abandon the Muslim Brotherhood once and for all? :-)
What people dont get is Erdogan is using every method to reach his aim, if it must be then he is best friends with Muslim brotherhood, or reconcile with Israel after his drama in Davos, work with Gülen and jail Generals and then say he has been fooled and sets the Generals free again, there are countless exsamples as those.

He is islamist towards islamists but promotes secularims in Egypt, he is a populistic politician, in fact i have yet to see any top politician to backtrack from his course as much as Erdogan.

And you know what? He is successful with this method as you can even see it in this forum.

What people dont get is Erdogan is using every method to reach his aim, if it must be then he is best friends with Muslim brotherhood, or reconcile with Israel after his drama in Davos, work with Gülen and jail Generals and then say he has been fooled and sets the Generals free again, there are countless exsamples as those.

He is islamist towards islamists but promotes secularims in Egypt, he is a populistic politician, in fact i have yet to see any top politician to backtrack from his course as much as Erdogan.

And you know what? He is successful with this method as you can even see it in this forum.
I agree. He's a textbook politician, which is why I detest him lol. :p:

I agree. He's a textbook politician, which is why I detest him lol. :p:
He is saying what people want to hear but often acting different and people just take since its ERDOGAN. :disagree:
The funny part is its not only Turks but even foreigners are among such people, he obviously has charisma for conservatives around the globe gotta give it to him.
Or maybe its just because such people are easily fooled i dont know but one thing is for sure its enough to float Erdogans boat.

He is saying what people want to hear but often acting different and people just take since its ERDOGAN. :disagree:
The funny part is its not only Turks but even foreigners are among such people, he obviously has charisma for conservatives around the globe gotta give it to him.
Or maybe its just because such people are easily fooled i dont know but one thing is for sure its enough to float Erdogans boat.
When it comes to conservative Arabs, they enjoy getting fooled lol. :D

Turkey was one country which was some how not affected by radical islam partly due to its military. But good things dont last long, they have to come to an end. It was just a question of when. Its time they joined their other countries which have embraced fundamentalism.

Yes, how sad.

I guess they will just have to settle for one of the most economically successful countries of modern times.

Quite sad to see how this backward , illiterate mullah is imposing economic prosperity on his people.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Turkey is doing fine than many Muslim countries around the globe.Like any other nation they too have their values and are free to propagate or practice them in anyway they want.I as a Pakistani will always stand by them in their endeavors on the journey towards becoming an even more successful, prosperous and potent nation.

Secular Nationalism is on the rise in Turkey among the Turkish youth, it is the result of Erdoğan's conservative policies.

Atheism has also been growing very rapidly since 10 years, u can find Turkish Atheist pages in FB with more then 700.000 likes.

Erdoğan can push his agenda however he wants but some things are NOT gonna change that's a fact.

There will be never radical islam in Turkey because Turkish people have different values then other Muslim countries.

The biggest threat against the secular system might be the refugees coming from Syria and other middle east countries...

Eastern Parts are also very conservative but once we modernize and develop the area, it'll get better eventually.

Secular Nationalism is on the rise in Turkey among the Turkish youth, it is the result of Erdoğan's conservative policies.

Atheism has also been growing very rapidly since 10 years, u can find Turkish Atheist pages in FB with more then 700.000 likes.

Interesting. I found this fb page: https://www.facebook.com/ateizmdernegieski/?fref=photo

Turkish Association of Atheists distributing soup to homeless people:

13220808_1724826547760939_553521461979335711_n.jpg

13310635_1729921513918109_6869078939318821913_n.jpg

13307202_1729921800584747_3322274658685707277_n.jpg

So why secularists are better than islamists? Wasnt liberal Kemal that massacred millions of christians?

Erdoğan can push his agenda however he wants but some things are NOT gonna change that's a fact.

There will be never radical islam in Turkey because Turkish people have different values then other Muslim countries.

The biggest threat against the secular system might be the refugees coming from Syria and other middle east countries...

Eastern Parts are also very conservative but once we modernize and develop the area, it'll get better eventually.

Why do you modern day Turks hate Islam? In Pakistan, we are proud to be Muslim.

I support him mainly because everyone in Europe and US hates him :)
And because there have been tremendous economic development during his first 10 years. And he is just hilarously self confident, he simply doesn't give a rats *** about how his words will affect relationships. He thinks this is the second coming of the Ottoman empire. He is just too interesting to let go mate :D

Why do you modern day Turks hate Islam? In Pakistan, we are proud to be Muslim.
Who said we do? Most of us are proud muslims.

Back
Top Bottom