What's new

Could Ranjeet Singh's statue in Lahore be torn down like the statues of tyrants in the West?

The biggest murderers of Muslims in partition were the Sikhs. I'd be wary of them. Support them for Khalistan but don't forget what they did to innocent Muslim families crossing over from Punjab.

muslims murdered innocent sikhs and hindus in partition , so ?

Never heard of one. Also Punjabis fought for the British against Indians in the First War of Independence in 1857. Overrated region - only became productive after the Green Revolution.
British army at the time of the two sikh wars in the 1840s consisted mainly of Benagli solidiars, because of the east indian company. When the bengalis revolted against the british in 1857 they wanted to reinstall the mughals in delhi. The punjabis, or the sikhs, neither trusted the mughals nor the bengalis, who they mainly fought against in the two sikh wars only a decade earlier. Thats why they didnt support the "indian" side in the 1857 revolt, as from the sikh perspective that meant supporting one enemy (the bengalis) to reinstall another enemy (the mughals). Indian nation hood didnt exist at that time as it does today.

And this "overrated region" experienced the bulk of invasions for the most of indias history. So excuse us for not being prodictive, bro, we were a little busy fighting invaders.

Most of the victims during partition were Muslims crossing over from East Punjab to Wes Punjab.

bring info from independent source . at least 8-9 crore muslims were left in india ,they were not harmed during those times .

British army at the time of the two sikh wars in the 1840s consisted mainly of Benagli solidiars, because of the east indian company. When the bengalis revolted against the british in 1857 they wanted to reinstall the mughals in delhi. The punjabis, or the sikhs, neither trusted the mughals nor the bengalis, who they mainly fought against in the two sikh wars only a decade earlier. Thats why they didnt support the "indian" side in the 1857 revolt, as from the sikh perspective that meant supporting one enemy (the bengalis) to reinstall another enemy (the mughals). Indian nation hood didnt exist at that time as it does today.

And this "overrated region" experienced the bulk of invasions for the most of indias history. So excuse us for not being prodictive, bro, we were a little busy fighting invaders.
I agree to all that. It did give great sons of the soil like Lajpat Rai, Bhagat Singh and were at the forefront of the Ghaddar Revolt.

The biggest murderers of Muslims in partition were the Sikhs. I'd be wary of them. Support them for Khalistan but don't forget what they did to innocent Muslim families crossing over from Punjab.
Partition was a tradegy, sikh, hindus and muslims were all victims. Sikhs killed muslims, muslims killed Sikhs. Its just as simple as that. Who strarted? Do you know, does anyone?

bangal army was not bangali , officers were english and soldiers were high caste muslims, rajputs and brahmins from north india mostly from U.P., bihar , and MP .

He was the Maratha governor of Punjab albeit for not too long as he died shortly after due to colic attack in 1758 as mentioned in the article.

He was mughal governor who invited marathas in return of share in revenues. A share he couldnt pay unless there was peace in punjab which sikh looters didnt allow. He went after sikhs but died soon after. Some say sikhs were not happy with Marathas for this reason.

Anyway from punjab muslim POV adina beg was hero. For sikhs only sikh mattered and for afghans only afghans.

I agree to all that. It did give great sons of the soil like Lajpat Rai, Bhagat Singh and were at the forefront of the Ghaddar Revolt.

punjabis were never in forefront of 1857 ghadar , punjabi muslims , pathans , sikhs sided with english army and fought against indians fighting for mughal emperor bahadur shah .

Both grandmothers in my family were respectively from Gurdaspur and Jalandar. They told stories of sikhs impaling newborns on swords at the train stations.

On the other hand, one of my grandfathers was from Sahiwal and the other from Llyalpur. One of my grandfathers told me how his elder brother killed 13 sikhs with his sword. They also threw oil from the village rooftops onto the marauding sikh jathas and set many on fire. Village was saved thanks to him.

Very senseless and brutal acts. Sikhs have always been pawns for the hindus.

punjabis were never in forefront of 1857 ghadar , punjabi muslims , pathans , sikhs sided with english army and fought against indians fighting for mughal emperor bahadur shah .
I am referring to the 1919 Ghadar Conspiracy Trial; also known as Hindu German Conspiracy.

Just wanted to answer you since you apllied that the punjabis fought against the "indian" side in 1857. I think its too simple to view the 1857 revolt as a "india" against the British, dont you think? I know you were just writing to some pakistani, but dont forget bro, punjab is dear to many indians as well:)

Both grandmothers in my family were respectively from Gurdaspur and Jalandar. They told stories of sikhs impaling newborns on swords at the train stations.

On the other hand, one of my grandfathers was from Sahiwal and the other from Llyalpur. One of my grandfathers told me how his elder brother killed 13 sikhs with his sword. They also threw oil from the village rooftops onto the marauding sikh jathas and set many on fire. Village was saved thanks to him.

Because you killed Sikhs and they wouldn't have killed you back if they were not Hindu pawns....

The stories on this side are equal brutal. And we think the punjabi muslims were always pawns of any foreigner. I dont belive that neither should you;)

I mean sikhs killing defenceless babies, while brave muslims being brave, sounds like one hell of a story, but come on!

Back
Top Bottom