What's new

Why is there a statue of Ranjit Singh in Lahore?

Why should it be destroyed & how does it affect you, you are Memon.

Let the community of Ranjit Singh decide whether he was a hero or a villain, whose statue should stay or go.
If majority of punjab doesn't want his statue than his community is nothing

And as for your information he slaughter most of Muslims during conquering punjab

if this is the main priority and concern of my life then it means that there is no worry about law and order
there is no corruption
women and children are not being abducted raped and killed.
the courts are dispensing justice in timely manner
there is no energy , pollution or unemployment crises
people are healthy and happy
Imams are preaching love respect tolerance and coexistence
education standards are high and our children have promising and bright future
So we should stop our daily lives til all these issues are cleared, right? How can you have the time to be a Senior Mod at PDF whilst rapes and murders happen outside the internet? How can you sleep at night? Stop moralizing and derailing the thread! The topic is about why THE Islamic Republic of Pakistan has a statue for a SIKH ruler. "hE wAs PuNjAbI" is not an excuse for this. If you want to celebrate Punjabi culture, then do it with literature, folklore, art and yes their religious identity. But not with erecting statues - a thing Muslims shouldn't do! - of an Anti-Muslim ruler!

I question myself. why there are still Budha statues in our Museums?
You know what purposes museums have, right? We also have this here in Munich:
This doesn't mean that the Germans want to celebrate their past with this Centre.

why Sikhs of Canada were allowed to give a statue of a former Punjab ruler in Lahore (why couldn't they be just happy that we Muslims took their monetary donation, why so selfish and greedy to have their leader imposed on us in statue too?)
I don't know why. But we can clearly see what the priorities are here. You just stated that evil Imams, rapes, murders, robberies.... happen in Pakistan, will a statue of an Anti-Muslim ruler help in this regard?

pity that the legless Khadim is dead, could have used his colorful language to light up the hearts of the faithful. attack and ransack the place and the statue, break the cars of the private citizens and beat up some policemen in the way as well.
What if I told you that you can be against erecting statues and mad mullahs at the same time?

once all done and dusted I must ~Tut Tut the Indians for their intolerance and complain about the West stereotyping us.
They will do this til the end of time. Appeasing Hindus or the West should not be our main priority. Islam is different so they will always hate on us. Even if we become 120% copies of them.

why cant just care less? why should my faith, my identity and my livelihood must be threatened by a statue somewhere I might not even visit?
That's also a problem. This "anything goes" attitude regarding our own religion, culture and history is a sign of weakness. No Western country would do this, but self-hating Muslims have no pride in what they are. That's the reason for all the rapes, murders, pedophiles and our general humiliation. We don't uphold our own values - this is a story for another time - and then we wonder why we had to eat dirt for the last centuries.

Last edited:
I'm from Lahore and i just saw that there is a Ranjit Singh statue there.

Why?

Why is there a statue of a tyrant, who tortured muslims during his rule, in the ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan?

And to make it worse, the statue was made and placed there by the Punjab government just last year. It's not even like that it was an ancient statue. They literally made the statue and placed it there.

This is extremely offensive.

Imagine if someone makes a statue of Hitler and places it in front of the Eiffel Tower. It's the same kind of situation here.

Shameful.

What are the Lahoris doing about this?

They should file a petition to get it removed.

And i just saw a tweet where Fawad Chaudhry called Ranjit Singh "Sher-e-Punjab". And i thought he couldn't be any worse.

He was a ruler for the Sikhs not for the muslims.

No Punjabi muslim likes Ranjit Singh.

Also, it's quite funny how Indians are "condemning" this "attack" on the statue but they would do anything to remove the statues of Aurangzeb and the other Mughal rulers from India. Hypocrites.
At first I though it was some ancient statue in which case I would have condemned the attack as well.
But a recent officially placed statue was just a dumb idea altogether. Who tf approved it in the first place?

At first I though it was some ancient statue in which case I would have condemned the attack as well.
But a recent officially placed statue was just a dumb idea altogether. Who tf approved it in the first place?
new Pakistan and with some dollars

@Taimur Khurram Unrelated to this post, but there is no other way of contacting you. I wanted to ask, regarding the religions of the people residing near the Indus valley before the Islamic invasions. Know of any good books on how they would practice their religion and what kind of prayers they used to do?

Anyone having fun figuring out the pattern.

Who supports these statues and who does not?

It's the same Raja Dahir Mubarak Patel NGO

Our bazurg call Ranjit singh kanna hijra which translates to one eyed eunuch. Go to any village of Punjab and nobody has nice things to say about him. Other than maybe some Jatts, nobody has any affinity for him in Punjab.

Also people are so ignorant about Punjabis, even non Punjabi Pakistanis. Punjabi is not a race you dumb fucks. It’s a language. Punjabis have their own tribes, biradiris. Awan, Arain, Gujjar, Jatt, Bhatti, Rajput. There is no Punjabi race and brotherhood for that matter unlike, Pashtun, Baluch and Sindhis.

Also our babay are all religious and would never want a statue of anyone erected, let alone that of Ranjit Singh.

My grandfather Arain Punjabi Bagaa Ashraf. Kabaddi legend that never once got caught. Wrestled a black bear at 17, and known to have walked 40 kilometers with 140 kg of channay on his head.

F5507-DF2-7733-4222-8-C3-E-29-DE129847-C0.jpg

when once asked about Ranjit, my grandfather had nothing but curses for him.

Last edited:
Our bazurg call Ranjit singh kanna hijra which translates to one eyed eunuch. Go to any village of Punjab and nobody has nice things to say about him. Other than maybe some Jatts, nobody has any affinity for him in Punjab.

Also people are so ignorant about Punjabis, even non Punjabi Pakistanis. Punjabi is not a race you dumb fucks. It’s a language. Punjabis have their own tribes, biradiris. Awan, Arain, Gujjar, Jatt, Bhatti, Rajput. There is no Punjabi race and brotherhood for that matter unlike, Pashtun, Baluch and Sindhis.
It's an ethnicity not race.

@Taimur Khurram Unrelated to this post, but there is no other way of contacting you. I wanted to ask, regarding the religions of the people residing near the Indus valley before the Islamic invasions. Know of any good books on how they would practice their religion and what kind of prayers they used to do?

I mean you CAN just DM me lol. This website has that feature (but I do wish such DMs were actually private).

As for books, Ahmad Hasan Dani's are great. I'd advise reading those.

Also our babay are all religious and would never want a statue of anyone erected, let alone that of Ranjit Singh.

My grandfather Arain Punjabi Bagaa Ashraf. Kabaddi legend that never once got caught. Wrestled a black bear at 17, and known to have walked 40 kilometers with 140 kg of channay on his head.

F5507-DF2-7733-4222-8-C3-E-29-DE129847-C0.jpg

when once asked about Ranjit, my grandfather had nothing but curses for him.

This is largely true, but there is some sort of affinity among Punjabis imo. It's just not as strong as it is among Pashtuns, Baloch, etc due to differences in biraderis and what not as you said.

Mind you, some of these biraderis even have their own languages/dialects (Jatu, Awankari, Gojri, etc). So they can be regarded as ethnic groups in their own right.

The fact that muslims hadn't been able to create an Islamic empire in Punjab like the Sikh Empire is a very sad thing.

Adina Beg, Mal Khan and Jasrath Khokhar all ruled territories of similar size (Khokhar's empire was even bigger).

A statue of Ranjit Singh in Lahore makes as much sense as a statue of Hitler in Tel Aviv

were there no Muslims in Ranjit's Army when he fought against afghans? had there been no Ranjit would there be FATA in Pak today?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom