What's new

Could Ranjeet Singh's statue in Lahore be torn down like the statues of tyrants in the West?

So like Mughal rulers, Ranjeet Singh too had multiple wives?

- PRTP GWD
Almost all kings had multiple wives at that time. Some say he had around 40 wives but could be an exaggerated number. Marital alliance was very important at that time.

I agree with you, I am not those who deny history. I don't say that Pakistanis shouldn't own up Ranjit Singh's empire as part of the history of this land. My point was, why do we need the statue of someone who butchered many ancestors of Pakistanis, when we have so many less controversial examples of sons of the soil to choose from. We can acknowledge him without putting him on a pedestal. There is a reason why many Punjabi Muslim chiefs helped the British against the Sikhs.

I commend you Sir. I may seem uber patronising right now but you always prove yourself to be a true patriot despite all the venom that gets thrown towards your community, even sometimes here on PDF.

Using the word Gangu. It's one of the banned words.
No it is not. And it should not. It merely recognizes the central role that -

• River Ganga is cradle of Indian population and history
  • River Ganga is central to Hinduism and is regarded as holy with Varanasi etc
  • Hinduism is majority faith of India
  • thus it is a portmanteau of Ganga and Hindu
You should be enamoured by it's usage.

No it is not. And it should not. It merely recognizes the central role that -

• River Ganga is cradle of Indian population and history
  • River Ganga is central to Hinduism and is regarded as holy with Varanasi etc
  • Hinduism is majority faith of India
  • thus it is a portmanteau of Ganga and Hindu
You should be enamoured by it's usage.
There has already been a discussion on that (thread on that actually). It's a banned word.

Here, you can keep this in handy
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/banned-words-on-pdf.665198/

Guess where the majority of its territory lies?
90% in Northern Pakistan. So? Sikhs would be lucky to get Khalistan carved out of where they dominate today. They can try to cross the Radcliffe Line. Watch how fast those turbans are unrolled and used to hang them from the trees.

There has already been a discussion on that (thread on that actually). It's a banned word.
Well, I will have to protest if this is true

*Mansehra and Haripur are named after Sikhs ~ Mann Singh and Hari

I believe Sikhs have one of their holy sites in Hasan Abdal ~ Panja Sahib I think.

Here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...a497973aa!8m2!3d33.8210214!4d72.6800204?hl=en

90% in Northern Pakistan. So? Sikhs would be lucky to get Khalistan carved out of where they dominate today. They can try to cross the Radcliffe Line. Watch how fast those turbans are unrolled and used to hang them from the trees.
Anyway, why should they carve out a territory in India? Any motivation, grievances? They don't have problems with us and we don't have problems with them.

Anyway, if I were a Pakistani, I wouldn't have taken them lightly.

This one,

attachment.php

5d1539015de63.jpg

He was a tyrant who made the lives of the Muslim populations of Punjab, Kashmir and modern KPK miserable but his statue was placed in Lahore a couple of years ago by the self-hating "ham bahasiat qaum munafiq hain" brigade in Lahore. So now as we are living in the age of tearing down statutes of tyrants from the past in the wake of current global campaign against the statues of the past racists and tyrants, is it possible that the statue of this tyrant could also meet the same fate. You comments please?
Your country, do what you want. But compared to many other rulers who did worse and who pakistanis still celebrate, he was a son of the soil and a punjabi.

Back
Top Bottom