What's new

Could anybody share what this is?

I wouldn't delve into this topic, because it is extremely sensitive.

"Yeh gumbad e minaayi, yeh aalam e tanhaayi
Mujh ko tau daraati hae, iss dasht ki pehnaayi"
(Allama Iqbal)

Yeh sadka khyrat kho k lyna
Yeh chanda naako'n ka toh m rehna
Mjhy to raghib kry hai in ka giraybaan dharoona

Ay bs hunnay amad hoi :P

Yeh sadka khyrat kho k lyna
Yeh chanda naako'n ka toh m rehna
Mjhy to raghib kry hai in ka giraybaan dharoona

Ay bs hunnay amad hoi :P

That is the tragedy of all religions. A large class of people use religion to exploit fellow human beings, materially and psychologically.

That is the tragedy of all religions. A large class of people use religion to exploit fellow human beings, materially and psychologically.

How can such great people incorporate such evil projects? You know they fly and do kramaat :P

Mughals are to be blamed for this. They started using word "Fakeer" for Hindu Jogis/Sadhus etc as well...

"Faqr" is not the same as "Jog" .. There's a difference between them that's lost on many

I never read Sufism, but 99 percent of converted Muslims in the Subcontinent and beyond due to Sufism. Unfortunately, majority of us and me...failed to understand the depth of mysticism.

1645304674224.png

I never read Sufism, but 99 percent of converted Muslims in the Subcontinent and beyond due to Sufism. Unfortunately, majority of us and me...failed to understand the depth of mysticism.

View attachment 816925
Well not only hindutavas but even many Muslims who "claim" descent from invaders
Say that they beat the crap outta people and babas were there to just take the oath of Islam
So they want to use this to A- claim superiority over others B- want people to worship them for "bringing" Islam through bloodshed

Honestly this thaught process will have opposite effect but you know this is the thaught process that even we to some extent have helped build up

Baba Farid is not the one who brought Islam but it's usually associated with a general or a king
That that particular warrior is responsible for bringing Islam

If they had said that these particular warrior are responsible for "protecting" these saints from persecution if they were preaching under a non Muslim ruler
Than probably true (to some extent as even some Muslim rulers have discouraged conversions by persecuting these saints so they can earn more tax money)

Last edited:
I used to believe in all sort of stuff untill i started reading myself. I recommend every muslim to atleast read Quran with tafseer and then read bukhari the most authentic hadees book and everything will be crystal clear. Who ever reads will infact find that Islam is very clear and straightforward and that its actually these mullahs that intentionally create issues and fabricate stuff. The issue in our jahil society is that if u start talking about Quran and hadees and demand proof for weird things they start calling u wahabi.

The point majority don't understand and target Sufism in the sub-continent without knowing the depth. The propagation is of Islam done through blending in local cultures. Regional culture is much stronger than Islam.. the same way Pashtun tribal laws are much stronger than Islamic laws, even if it goes against Islam. But the story of " anal haq " exists in the same society. Allama Iqbal filled the pages writing about Rumi and Sufism.

Sufis strive to protect their heritage in wartorn Libya​

I used to believe in all sort of stuff untill i started reading myself. I recommend every muslim to atleast read Quran with tafseer and then read bukhari the most authentic hadees book and everything will be crystal clear. Who ever reads will infact find that Islam is very clear and straightforward and that its actually these mullahs that intentionally create issues and fabricate stuff. The issue in our jahil society is that if u start talking about Quran and hadees and demand proof for weird things they start calling u wahabi.
Nothing wrong with asking questions, but it would be better to spend a few years doing research on the subject before discussion.

Rumi rules Turkey

1645316745904.png

Last edited:
The point majority don't understand and target Sufism in the sub-continent without knowing the depth. The propagation is of Islam done through blending in local cultures. Regional culture is much stronger than Islam.. the same way Pashtun tribal laws are much stronger than Islamic laws, even if it goes against Islam. But the story of " anal haq " exists in the same society. Allama Iqbal filled the pages writing about Rumi and Sufism.

Sufis strive to protect their heritage in wartorn Libya​

Nothing wrong with asking questions, but it would be better to spend a few years doing research on the subject before discussion.

Rumi rules Turkey
Did the last prophet Muhammad (SAWW) blend into cultures? Did he promote brotherhood in Hejaz? Did he compromise on the message of Allah? ---- In fact, it was the other way round. Abu Jahal used to curse Muhammad (SAWW):

Then 'Utbah went on to say, ‘The house of the Banu Jahsh has become tenantless.’ To which Abu Jahal replied, ‘Nobody will weep over that. This is the work of this man's nephew. "He has divided our community, disrupted our affairs, and driven a wedge between us."

Soon in Badr, the son was standing against his father, and father against his son, with swords drawn. The line between right (Haq) and wrong (Batil), was drawn that day and for all times to come.

The way my prophet and his pious companions spread Islam is the only way dawat is supposed to be done. Sufis themselves might have good intentions to flatter the opposition in order to attract them towards Islam, but their methods gradually morphed into something completely different from Quran and Sunnah. Due to this way of dawat, every province/princely state of the subcontinent had its own set of "Aqeeda(s)" and rituals. Scores of unique firqas sprouted, none of which have their allegiance with Muhammad (SAWW), or the final Book, but "elders" and mystics who seldom talked about Quran and Sunnah.

Well not only hindutavas but even many Muslims who "claim" descent from invaders
Say that they beat the crap outta people and babas were there to just take the oath of Islam
So they want to use this to A- claim superiority over others B- want people to worship them for "bringing" Islam through bloodshed

Honestly this thaught process will have opposite effect but you know this is the thaught process that even we to some extent have helped build up

Baba Farid is not the one who brought Islam but it's usually associated with a general or a king
That that particular warrior is responsible for bringing Islam

If they had said that these particular warrior are responsible for "protecting" these saints from persecution if they were preaching under a non Muslim ruler
Than probably true (to some extent as even some Muslim rulers have discouraged conversions by persecuting these saints so they can earn more tax money)
Allama Iqbal wrote a master piece related to propagation of Islam and role of sufism in sub-continent. When you have time read it , it covered the history.

Did the last prophet Muhammad (SAWW) blend into cultures? Did he promote brotherhood in Hejaz? Did he compromise on the message of Allah? ---- In fact, it was the other way round. Abu Jahal used to curse Muhammad (SAWW):

Then 'Utbah went on to say, ‘The house of the Banu Jahsh has become tenantless.’ To which Abu Jahal replied, ‘Nobody will weep over that. This is the work of this man's nephew. "He has divided our community, disrupted our affairs, and driven a wedge between us."

Soon in Badr, the son was standing against his father, and father against his son, with swords drawn. The line between right (Haq) and wrong (Batil), was drawn that day and for all times to come.

The way my prophet and his pious companions spread Islam is the only way dawat is supposed to be done. Sufis themselves might have good intentions to flatter the opposition in order to attract them towards Islam, but their methods gradually morphed into something completely different from Quran and Sunnah. Due to this way of dawat, every province/princely state of the subcontinent had its own set of "Aqeeda(s)" and rituals. Scores of unique firqas sprouted, none of which have their allegiance with Muhammad (SAWW), or the final Book, but "elders" and mystics who seldom talked about Quran and Sunnah.
Holy Prophet was Arab and propagation was done among Arabs. So there is no point of culture blending in that case. Plus, if you read the Quran. Where a dialogue has been quoted between Arabs vs Christians and Jews about disrespecting prophets. I don't know what changes are brought now. But, I look at Rumi, Ali-Hawari names, rest are cashing these names to earn money in this age.

Last edited:
Allama Iqbal wrote a master piece related to propagation of Islam and role of sufism in sub-continent. When you have time read it , it covered the history.
Any links or name of that piece?

Back
Top Bottom