What's new

PAF's New air Launched Munition called Kagem V3 show in NASTP promo

yeah but azb v will have alot shorter of a range and wont be able to maneuver without losing energy that it cant regain
It’s quoted to be up to 220km and confirmed by a member way before the specs were released. But yes a lot more depend on launch altitude and speed and flight path compared jet powered light CM. But it’s the same in the case with H4.

Also AZB-V does have IIR seeker option, don’t know if it’s just ATR or data linked like H2/H4.

1697019659690.jpeg

Last edited:
azb unpowered, kagem turbojet powered, h2 i think was rocket assisted but i dont remember now
REK series have powered versions. We already saw one variant with Mirage V, the I-REK i think. Booster would allow easily 400km+ Range.

Judging by the small intake duct that we can just see at the back,this is jet powered.
View attachment 960347
If it is actually based on the chinese GB6 glide bomb then it looks to be a somewhat simplified design in that it doesnt use folding pop out wings,but instead an externally mounted fixed one piece wing.
It may look pretty basic and simple,but it also looks like it could be produced in decent numbers fairly cheaply by making maximum use of cheap cots,and it could be used in both the air launched and ground launched roles.
That's a great observation -- so this could be closer to a smaller, lower-cost ALCM. I think a 350-450 kg ALCM (albeit with a lighter payload of 100 kg) create another capability space in the PAF's SOW inventory, complementing the heavier and longer-ranged Ra'ad-II and Taimoor.

So, we have the AZB-series for striking at long ranges with heavy munitions at scale, and the KAGEM-series for loiter + precision-strike at scale. The PAF could use the KAGEM to validate targets (which may have moved, are hidden, etc) and then follow up with AZB/IREK strikes to ensure it's destroyed.

That's a great observation -- so this could be closer to a smaller, lower-cost ALCM. I think a 350-450 kg ALCM (albeit with a lighter payload of 100 kg) create another capability space in the PAF's SOW inventory, complementing the heavier and longer-ranged Ra'ad-II and Taimoor.

So, we have the AZB-series for striking at long ranges with heavy munitions at scale, and the KAGEM-series for loiter + precision-strike at scale. The PAF could use the KAGEM to validate targets (which may have moved, are hidden, etc) and then follow up with AZB/IREK strikes to ensure it's destroyed.
If we can also have an air launched Fatah 1/2, that would be sweet.

That’s exactly what I had in mind.
IMO the main constraint is compartmentalization -- i.e., a bureau under GIDS runs the Fatah-I/II, but the PAF prefers leaning on NASTP et.al? Hence, if the PAF wants an air-launched rocket, there's a risk they'll duplicate the work already in place at GIDS (e.g., by pursuing Roketsan's UAV-230, for example).

IMO the main constraint is compartmentalization -- i.e., a bureau under GIDS runs the Fatah-I/II, but the PAF prefers leaning on NASTP et.al? Hence, if the PAF wants an air-launched rocket, there's a risk they'll duplicate the work already in place at GIDS (e.g., by pursuing Roketsan's UAV-230, for example).
True but there is also collaboration. Azb, Faaz, etc are air force centric programs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom