What's new

Confessions of True Biryani Lovers

Only good Pakistani version of biryani I had was at Student Biryani in Sydney . Most Pakistani and even Indian restaurants serve spicy pulao as biryani . If it has not been slow cooked for hours its not a biryani . I like bengali version of it as well though its very mild and with potatoes . That being said nothing is better than Hyderabadi biryani .

One of my favourite restaurants in southern India serves three types of delicious biryanis- dum, tikka, hyderabadi. My favourite food.
Nothing beats Hyderabadi version, though.

Well my experience with biryani has been very different...the biryani cooked in our home has very mild spices and no potatoes..mostly mutton and sometimes chicken..and also it is not cooked so frequently perhaps four-five times a year.

However the spicy biryani I tasted for the first time was in Karachi...I landed at QA airport after mid night from Isb and reached my residence one hour latter, the servant told me "sir we have arranged for best biryani of karachi for you!" ...I was very hungry and sleepy, I mistook the chunk of potato for a healthy chicken leg and put in my mouth...it was SPICYYYYY..really the smoke came out from ears, nose, water from eyes and I even forgot my orientation and geo-location...drank a liter of sweetened milk to reduce the sting.. a very bad experience....really that level of spices was scary... :) :)

Do you guys like Biryani?
@Doordie @Morse_Code @GreenFalcon @Moonlight @SherDil007
Karachi Biryani :what:
Tough i love Biryani but yraaaa ye Karachi wali boht hi spicy hoti hy.
Seriously :cry:

Nothing can beat the taste of Daal Chawal. :cheesy:
Huh.... Lahori dal Chawal :lol:

I loveeeee saag (green mustard)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I so want Lahori Nashta
Phajjy dy Pae.... aye hae hae... :P

download.jpg
Phaja-dey-Paya-lahori-nashta.jpg

Biryani can turn your bad day into a fantastic one. Nothing like it :yu:

Biryani khanay kay 2 hi tariqay hain:
1) Aisay khao k pehlay kabhi khaaye nahi.
2) aisay khao k iss kay baad kabhi milay gi nahi.

may be because Rice is not so popular in west !!
They actually eat a lot of rice, normally just boiled rice, but biryani is a bit more spicy and more tedious to cook.

Biryani khanay kay 2 hi tariqay hain:
1) Aisay khao k pehlay kabhi khaaye nahi.
2) aisay khao k iss kay baad kabhi milay gi nahi.
If it is too spicy, which is often the case, then I think "aram se khao, thora thora and with lots of yoghurt / mayonnaise and salad"

Biryani can turn your bad day into a fantastic one. Nothing like it :yu:
or vice-versa

Huh.... Lahori dal Chawal :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Phajjy dy Pae.... aye hae hae... :P

View attachment 361764 View attachment 361765
In addition to his payas, I love their daals too..though I eat from their outlet near the secretariat.

Do pay me a visit!
Hamara kia mistake hai ...kia hum bhi aa jain :)
@SherDil007 @Doordie @GreenFalcon

They actually eat a lot of rice, normally just boiled rice, but biryani is a bit more spicy and more tedious to cook.

If it is too spicy, which is often the case, then I think "aram se khao, thora thora and with lots of yoghurt / mayonnaise and salad"

or vice-versa

In addition to his payas, I love their daals too..though I eat from their outlet near the secretariat.

Laly do KHAWATEEN ki dawat mein hum Miskeen bhuky reh jaengy :D

No problem, we will have out own get together, strictly gents only, and we will feast and upload the pics.. or invite kar ke inko side par bitha dain gay aur khud khain gay dikha dikha ke

we never say no to mehmanaan :D always.... you can come too :D but khaali haath ana is not courtesy :P

Karachi Biryani :what:
Tough i love Biryani but yraaaa ye Karachi wali boht hi spicy hoti hy.
Seriously :cry:
Then I should definitely eat that! :D

I'll order triple khana for you :D

No problem, we will have out own get together, strictly gents only, and we will feast and upload the pics.. or invite kar ke inko side par bitha dain gay aur khud khain gay dikha dikha ke
Actually I would be done after eating a little ...so I won't mind sitting at a side and staring you all :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom