What's new

Confessions of True Biryani Lovers

5. Potatoes are a must in our Biryani!

no one except bongs put aloo in their biriyani !!

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/confessions-of-true-biryani-lovers.467509/#ixzz4THDoapyd

true biriyani lover !!

Sindhi Biriyani has potatoes too..

Okay I am going to make a confession. I never heard of Biryani until my 20s. We never had it at home my mum never cooked it. The only rice dish we had was Pilau and maybe that sweet stuff - Kheer. That was it.

And I never like rice because it fills your stomach, gives you a sugar high and then your hungry again one hour later.

I can't even... You're missing out.

I would marry if the girl was great at cooking biriyani.. it's my second true love.. :smitten:
First was unfortunately a girl. :tsk:

I have noticed that Westerners haven't really taken to Biryani like other south Asian dishes.

Why is that?
I like it but whenever I have dined in a Pakistani restaurant I always order my favorite dish; Palak Gosht with some freshly baked Naan!
zzzzh.gif

Palak-Gosht-recipe.jpg

Last edited:
Not a fan of biriyani either.

I love yakhni pulao with lots of karahi gosht salan on top. That's a killer combo.
Now your talking - with lots of yoghurt and lashings of sliced salad.

Probably more Gora than Goras themselves, a syndrome many suffer while living abroad.
No doubt some shite I must have walked over whose gone and set another ID just to make this post. Sad case !

Well my experience with biryani has been very different...the biryani cooked in our home has very mild spices and no potatoes..mostly mutton and sometimes chicken..and also it is not cooked so frequently perhaps four-five times a year.

However the spicy biryani I tasted for the first time was in Karachi...I landed at QA airport after mid night from Isb and reached my residence one hour latter, the servant told me "sir we have arranged for best biryani of karachi for you!" ...I was very hungry and sleepy, I mistook the chunk of potato for a healthy chicken leg and put in my mouth...it was SPICYYYYY..really the smoke came out from ears, nose, water from eyes and I even forgot my orientation and geo-location...drank a liter of sweetened milk to reduce the sting.. a very bad experience....really that level of spices was scary... :) :)

Do you guys like Biryani?
@Doordie @Morse_Code @GreenFalcon @Moonlight @SherDil007
like...... LOVE ... :D and yeah that level of spice is made for me... I feel so hungry now :P I really love sindhi biryani

th
Confessions of True Biryani Lovers

Who doesn’t love Biryani? Coming home to a delicious aroma of biryani is the best thing that can happen to you today.

Here are the 11 sinful confessions of true Biryani lovers in Pakistan.

Disclaimer: This post could make you hungry so make sure you call your mom to cook the best biryani for you!

1. We like our Biryani really spicy…

A biryani that doesn’t have enough spices and is too bland will completely spoil our day. And the only way we can get over it is by having another biryani that tastes the way we like it: SPICY!

2. Which explains why we get a runny nose and teary eyes when eating it

We always keep a few tissues at hand to wipe away tears and blow the nose.

3. Which also explains the acid reflux we suffer later

We know pretty well the consequences of eating something sooo spicy and yet, we can’t stop. We prefer having an antacid than not eating the masalay walay chawal.

4. Eating biryani without raita and salad is like eating French fries without ketchup

Raita and salad is a must when we are eating Biryani. The raita balances the hotness of the dish and enhances the flavor too.

5. Potatoes are a must in our Biryani!

The worst kind of thing that can ever happen is when we realize there are no potatoes in the Biryani or even worse, they have all been eaten by your siblings.

6. One plate of Biryani never satisfies us…

When you know there is Biryani for lunch, you skip breakfast because you know you are going to eat double or even triple servings. A single serving never satisfies you.

7. And we eat Biryani like there is no tomorrow…

Please don’t disturb us when we are at the Biryani. It needs our full concentration. And don’t stare at us when we are gorging on it.
this is so appetizing post :D

Well my experience with biryani has been very different...the biryani cooked in our home has very mild spices and no potatoes..mostly mutton and sometimes chicken..and also it is not cooked so frequently perhaps four-five times a year.

However the spicy biryani I tasted for the first time was in Karachi...I landed at QA airport after mid night from Isb and reached my residence one hour latter, the servant told me "sir we have arranged for best biryani of karachi for you!" ...I was very hungry and sleepy, I mistook the chunk of potato for a healthy chicken leg and put in my mouth...it was SPICYYYYY..really the smoke came out from ears, nose, water from eyes and I even forgot my orientation and geo-location...drank a liter of sweetened milk to reduce the sting.. a very bad experience....really that level of spices was scary... :) :)

Do you guys like Biryani?
@Doordie @Morse_Code @GreenFalcon @Moonlight @SherDil007

Well just like pizza I find it very overrated. I like it but not like LOVE it.

I loveeeee biryani but i dnt like poataoes in it

Potatoes in biryani are tastier than the biryani itself.

Not a fan of biriyani either.

I love yakhni pulao with lots of karahi gosht salan on top. That's a killer combo.

Nothing can beat the taste of Daal Chawal. :cheesy:

Well just like pizza I find it very overrated. I like it but not like LOVE it.

Potatoes in biryani are tastier than the biryani itself.

Nothing can beat the taste of Daal Chawal. :cheesy:
why everyone here is making me hungry? :D

I don't understand why people use yogurt or raita with biryani. Isn't biryani loved for its spicy taste? And yogurt ruins it.

You team daal chawal? :D

Say yes. :lol:
actually em team daal chawal, sindhi biryani and palak gosht :D I love Pakistani food :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom