What's new

Chinese Arab people

The only thing i like in Buddhism is its peaceful way of thinking, not really interested it elsewhere.

Peaceful way of thinking! ...as if there is nothing other than Buddhism which is "peaceful way of thinking"!

I don't know what is a violent way of thinking... but I can tell you that worshiping a person, building temples and statues have nothing to do with a peaceful way of thinking.

Peaceful way of thinking! ...as if there is nothing other than Buddhism which is "peaceful way of thinking"!

I don't know what is a violent way of thinking... but I can tell you that worshiping a person, building temples and statues have nothing to do with a peaceful way of thinking.

What's your problom and why are you here?

Dear friend. I am bookmarking this post of yours. I have read all this information in bits and pieces, but you have put it very well together.

Many ill-meaning people accuse Muslims of not integrating. I have often given the example of Chinese Muslims, but people who do not want to learn never get it. Right-wing Hindu nationalists are particularly stubborn in this regard.

@Ayush, @OrionHunter, @hinduguy, @KRAIT, Please read the quoted post and let me know what you think?
the fact that they needed imam to declare jihad when your own country is in danger proves that they are different from rest. It also means the rulers use religion at will to serve their interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
the fact that they needed imam to declare jihad when your own country is in danger proves that they are different from rest. It also means the rulers use religion at will to serve their interest.

Not necessarily. They did not need Imams to tell them what to do or how to feel. They had political leadership and patriotic feelings. Imams perhaps only validated them in their patriotism.

@ChineseTiger1986

Speaking about the looks of Chinese people of Arab descent then I found this one from Hong-Kong - Aarif Rahman. Of Arab, Malay and Chinese descant. Notice the Semitic/Arab nose.

2mova5x.jpg

There are millions of Indonesians/Malaysians of Arab descent and I guess that Chinese people of Arab descent do not look much different from those ones.

You lost me with your convoluted Logic.

If the descendants are mostly practicing Muslims, how is it that most of them are not Muslims ?

Aren't you contradicting yourself in the same sentence ?

The descendants of Sayyid Ajjal are widepsread in many provinces. In Yunnan and the northwestern provinces, the descendants are mostly practicing Muslims, in Fujian and Taiwan, most are not Muslim.

No, I said exactly what I meant. In Fujian province and in Taiwan most descendants of Sayyid Ajall are not practicing Muslims. In other areas of China like Yunnan and northwest provinces, they are.

Then what is there in the Xingzi county in the Jiangxi province? Is that a statue of this buddhist monk budai?

Stop trolling and derailing this thread. This is not about India or some statues. Stick to the topic and respect it.

Dear friend. I am bookmarking this post of yours. I have read all this information in bits and pieces, but you have put it very well together.

Many ill-meaning people accuse Muslims of not integrating. I have often given the example of Chinese Muslims, but people who do not want to learn never get it. Right-wing Hindu nationalists are particularly stubborn in this regard.

@Ayush, @OrionHunter, @hinduguy, @KRAIT, Please read the quoted post and let me know what you think?

Our former Defence Minister from 1946-1948, General Bai Chongxi was also a Muslim. He was Vice Chief of the General Staff during the war against Japan.

You've been to Bukharia? Hahaha this is Taif's China Town.

yeap!

I have had the privilege and honor to travel through Saudi a lot more than an average "pilgrim".

As I wasn't there for "work", I had plenty of time to interact with young people and the old. An occasional prince and the street vendor.

It was just fascinating. really really fascinating.

I can't give you all the details.

Because I plan to write a book about Saudi Arabia. It surely is an enchanted land.

But just to give you an idea. Just some hints.

there are three Saudi Arabias.

One before 1960s,

One after the major oil boom and concentration in the 1970s

And

the third Saudi Arabia that came into being in 2002.

Why it is so?

Well some you can guess

For the rest you have to wait for the book :lol:

I can guarantee though it will be an honest view where Saudi society will be shown as made up of human beings, and not some reciters of Quran 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

In my humble opinion, while Saudi society has had a lot of weaknesses,

It also has remarkable number of strengths.

If these strengths are used in the right combo, It is quiet possible that Saudi Arabia may be one of the most dominant player culturally (and not religiously), industrially, and off course militarily.

peace

There are three families that I know of.

Pu - 蒲 from Abu. Many Arabs took this as their surname as they settled in southeastern China in the Song dynasty. The Chinese writer Pu Songling, is believed by some to be descended from one of these families.

¡¶ÁÄÕ«Ö¾Òì¡·×÷ÕßÆÑËÉÁäȷϵ»Ø×å

欢迎光临广州图书馆!

Guo - 郭 - this family is descended from a Persian.

Ding - 丁 - they are descended from Sayyid Ajall Shams ad-Din, a Sayyid from a noble family in Bukhara.

The Mongols brought many Persians and Arabs to China to serve under their government when they took over China. During the Ispah Rebellion, the Persians and Arabs revolted against the Mongols and there was a general free for all slaughter taking place in Quanzhou among the different peoples living in the city. Many families fled to outlying areas where they live today or to other parts of China.

CHINESE-IRANIAN RELATIONS vii. SE. China ? Encyclopaedia Iranica

The Pu family was exiled from Quanzhou to other cities in China after the Mongols were overthrown, because one of their ancestors had surrendered the city and defected during the Mongol invasion. This is how they were scattered to other provinces in China.

°²Ïª·¢ÏÖ°¢À*²®ºóÒáÆÑÐÕĹÔá - ÆÑÊÏ×ÚÇ×Íø¡ª¡ªÆÑ¡¢ÆÑÐÕ¡¢ÆÑÊϼÒÆס¢ÆÑÐÕÀ´Ô´

I had read a bit about the Pu....Pu Kung Chi Mu or something ...He was a trader who ventured into South China for trading and they have some graves of Pu people there...

Back
Top Bottom