What's new

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Liaoning vs INS Vikramaditya

Just watch out ur head:whistle:
25_208485_861108c31786d33.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!! Looser Chinese.

Keep producing Junk like J15 , J 31 and J20 and call them batter that Sukhoi. We enjoy you guys spending money on junk which do not have the capability of IIIrd generation plne.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!! Looser Chinese.

Keep producing Junk like J15 , J 31 and J20 and call them batter that Sukhoi. We enjoy you guys spending money on junk which do not have the capability of IIIrd generation plne.
HAHAHA... we enjoy funny news come from India Navy for example World 1st sub sink in ur military port. :rofl:

Watch out ur head when Mig29k landing on INS Vikramaditya ... :whistle:don't cut it off.:azn:

HAHAHA... we enjoy funny news come from India Navy for example World 1st sub sink in ur military port. :rofl:

Watch out ur head when Mig29k landing on INS Vikramaditya ... :whistle:don't cut it off.:azn:

You are as funny as your J15 and J 31.

Pl post some more fun. I am waiting.

Even more funnier is the news coming from China for example fishermen needed to inform the navy that a submarine is sunk .... :lol:

Truth vs hype

Yes, IN has operated carriers for decades and is therefor „generally“ more experienced, but the STOBAR layout of Viki or IAC1 is a new one, which needs to be trained first as well and PLAN is already doing this, from the carrier itself! They also train with foreign navies (Brazilian navy) to gain more experience wrt carrier operations. When we look at it rationally, IN and PLAN will start at the same level when it comes to STOBAR carriers, AEW helicopters, IFR via buddy refuelling...,

Yes, J15 can't take off with full payload, but neither can the Su33, Mig 29K, N-LCA or the planned Sea Gripen:

...According to Peter Nilsson, Gripen’s Vice President of Operational Capabilities, the Sea Gripen is intended for both CATOBAR (Catapult Assisted Take Off But Arrested Recovery) as well as STOBAR (Short Take Off But Arrested Recovery) operations. “There will obviously be differences in the MTOW (Maximum Take-Off Weight). In a CATOBAR concept, the Sea Gripen will have a MTOW of 16,500 kilograms and a maximum landing weight of 11,500 kilograms. In a STOBAR concept it depends on the physics of the carrier. Roughly, the payload of fuel and weapons in STOBAR operations will be one-third less than the payload in CATOBAR operations. There will be no differences in ‘bring-back’ capability,” he says...

Saab offers naval Gripen to India | StratPost

That's the problem of taking off via ski-jump, that's why these fighters will carry more weapons or fuel tanks and less fuel at the take off and will be refuelled, in the air again.

Yes, the Liaoning is the better carrier and will have the better carrier fighters, but it's main aim will not be to project power to the Indian Ocean or to attack India, but to defend Chinese coast lines and areas of interest in the east, just like Viki and IAC 1 are not meant to project power towards China, but to defend Indias coast lines and areas of interest around India. Therefor, PLAN will have to compare it's capabilities compared to USNs carriers and their fighters, which still have clear numerical and technological advantages.

However, one has to understand that the main aim of both navies and the both carrier (of IAC1 as well), is not power projection towards India or China, but mainly coastal defence and control of the areas of interest around the mainlands and islands!
Therefore Viki and IAC1 will be used to cover the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal, while Liaoning is aimed on the Sea lanes at Chinas coast line (which then aim on more capable USN carriers btw).

Truth vs hype

Yes, IN has operated carriers for decades and is therefor „generally“ more experienced, but the STOBAR layout of Viki or IAC1 is a new one, which needs to be trained first as well and PLAN is already doing this, from the carrier itself! They also train with foreign navies (Brazilian navy) to gain more experience wrt carrier operations. When we look at it rationally, IN and PLAN will start at the same level when it comes to STOBAR carriers, AEW helicopters, IFR via buddy refuelling...,

Yes, J15 can't take off with full payload, but neither can the Su33, Mig 29K, N-LCA or the planned Sea Gripen:

mig 29k can take off from at mtow from STOBAR carrier. It was already proven two decades ago and was recently proven during the sea trials of Vikramaditya as well. You need to update yourself.

mig 29k can take off from at mtow from STOBAR carrier. It was already proven two decades ago and was recently proven during the sea trials of Vikramaditya as well. You need to update yourself.

Physics says that this is impossible.

The engines are not powerful enough to allow this from only 400 feet of runway space.

The engines are not powerful enough to allow this from only 400 feet of runway space.

Physics doesn't say any such thing. Those are lies spread by jealous pakistanis. In adddition to engines, Lift is also dependent on the wing loading which has been decreased in mig 29k to provide higher lift. Anyways post #301 on this page contains a link to support my claim. Check it yourself.

Vikramditya & the IAC Vikrant Threat To Pakistan Waters | Page 16

Migs require somewhat 400 feet to take off..almost 50% less than that of F-16

Physics doesn't say any such thing. Those are lies spread by jealous pakistanis. In adddition to engines, Lift is also dependent on the wing loading which has been decreased in mig 29k to provide higher lift. Anyways post #301 on this page contains a link to support my claim. Check it yourself.

Vikramditya & the IAC Vikrant Threat To Pakistan Waters | Page 16

Well I could not find it in that translated article but even if it was there, don't you think that this would be common knowledge by now elsewhere?

The Mig-29K has engines that have a T/W ratio of 8:1 whereas the superhornet's engines are at 9:1. Even with the lower wing loading this would not allow the Mig-29K to take off with MTOW from a runway that is only 400 feet in length.

Please excuse me but I trust physics more than some random article.

Migs require somewhat 400 feet to take off..almost 50% less than that of F-16

That is not with full fuel and full weapons load though.

Well I could not find it in that translated article but even if it was there, don't you think that this would be common knowledge by now elsewhere?

The Mig-29K has engines that have a T/W ratio of 8:1 whereas the superhornet's engines are at 9:1. Even with the lower wing loading this would not allow the Mig-29K to take off with MTOW from a runway that is only 400 feet in length.

Please excuse me but I trust physics more than some random article.

That is not with full fuel and full weapons load though.

Can you see the first mig 29k with its wing folded? Third paragraph below it. If you still can't find it, just search for "full load" on the page. And this is not some random article. This is aviation explorer. It is a common knowledge everywhere. Only people at PDF seem to be oblivious to it.

As I said, take off distance depends on wing loading as well. You don't even know what wing loading means and you say you are trusting physics? Please google about it, read it and then come back. mig 29k has larger wings than other migs, they provide higher lift which allow the migs to take off with full loads.

Can you see the first mig 29k with its wing folded? Third paragraph below it. If you still can't find it, just search for "full load" on the page. And this is not some random article. This is aviation explorer. It is a common knowledge everywhere. Only people at PDF seem to be oblivious to it.

As I said, take off distance depends on wing loading as well. You don't even know what wing loading means and you say you are trusting physics? Please google about it, read it and then come back. mig 29k has larger wings than other migs, they provide higher lift which allow the migs to take off with full loads.

It is a translated article so not able to say for sure what this exactly means

We would need to see confirmation from the Indian Navy before this is believed.

I cannot, in terms of physics, can see how this is possible with T/W ratio engines of 8:1 but we will have to wait and see. If it was this easy everyone would be doing it.

It is a translated article so not able to say for sure what this exactly means

We would need to see confirmation from the Indian Navy before this is believed.

I cannot, in terms of physics, can see how this is possible with T/W ratio engines of 8:1 but we will have to wait and see. If it was this easy everyone would be doing it.

Oh you poor poor child. Anyways I have made my argument. Its up to you to choose what to believe. But ask yourself, why did the IN dump the legendary flanker variant Su33 in favor of its smaller cousin? Unless the smaller one was more capable somehow, not avionics of course, but something else.

Oh you poor poor child. Anyways I have made my argument. Its up to you to choose what to believe. But ask yourself, why did the IN dump the legendary flanker variant Su33 in favor of its smaller cousin? Unless the smaller one was more capable somehow, not avionics of course, but something else.

SU-33 is too large to be placed on a 45000 tonne carrier. J-15 is not a problem for the nearly 70,000 tonne Chinese aircraft carrier.

Indian Navy thought better to have 24 Mig-29K than 16 Su-33.

Back
Top Bottom