What's new

Chinese Aircraft Carrier Liaoning vs INS Vikramaditya

Viki can carry up to 30 aircrafts (18 Migs + 12-14 Kamovs) according to Sancho

I said it can carry 14 Mig 29 on its deck. It can carry another 12-13 at least in the hanger. i.e. a total of 26-27 Migs that can take off from Viki.

u need to go back at look at the specs of those destroyers again.
the point is they have 6 052c already and making another 8 052d(3 are being constructed actively)
all the equipment from missiles to radars is indigenous(not sure of engines though)
and why are u so proud of kolkata class??
everything of value is foreign made except for sonars and combat management systems
heck all aesa radars are israeli and not a single indian weapon is there(barak-8 cannot be called indian)
so??

not even a single american warship is truely american in that term.we're living in a world where co-op matters.I wonder in which stream you studied.cause,I studied in engineering.and we studied about how a system is implemented.not in every sector,you've to make everything,as it is not feasible.you've to take cost benefits analysis,along with estimation tech and see if a projects worth it or not.if you suggests that all indian tech will make us proud,then you're dead wrong.cause all indian products will make this warship a heap of garbage.to make a good platform,a lot of things have to be procured.you're seeing China as an example.I'll suggest you should try Japan or South Korea as an example.cause these countries have near similar tech base and not under any kind of sanction,like China,who are forced to use their crappy and reverse engineered products.and don't forget,its a communist country.there,everything is gloomy and came right from the heaven,however crappy it may be.thats how they project everything.they project their subs as "Black Hole" while USA says these are noisier than 30 years old soviet subs.same goes for each sector.

about mig-29k..................its a gross mistake by our navy to opt for such toothless aircraft.at the best they can compete with f-16 block 52,nothing more.
it looks okay now,imagine after 10 years.
on zhuk-ae,it was not good enough and has not been installed even in mig-35 and will take another 2-3 years to fully develop.in my opinion without waiting for a mlu we should upgrade mig-29k with zhuk-ae as soon as its ready.
after aesa incorporation ,irst must be upgraded too.it uses low powered ols-um which has a paltry range of only 15-45 km(approx).it must be fitted with something like ols-35
these 2 improvements are critical for it to have any edge over even pakistan,forget china

for Mig-29K,its not Zhuk Ae,but our chosen AESA for MRCA will be most probably integrated.in that case,it'll be most probably RBE2.as for irst,I wonder even J-15 uses one(even if it uses,I'm sure Russian or western IRST is much more capable).Mig-29K will be most probably use OLS-29,a capable IRST.or may be,we could mount OSF from Thales.I wonder what kind of IRST China use,and if those are any better than these...as far as you're concerned about Navy's future,be assured.either navy will buy more Rafale for its ski jump Acs,or some other crafts.but as far as Mig-29K's capability,its a very capable jet.of course its not some F-22,but its what Navy opted for.so,you should keep faith in it.

I said it can carry 14 Mig 29 on its deck. It can carry another 12-13 at least in the hanger. i.e. a total of 26-27 Migs that can take off from Viki.

Look,all I can say is that IN somewhat diluted the figure of total aircraft carried.similar size ACs carry some 40 aircrafts,so no wonder in Viky could carry some 25 Aircraft with some 10 helos or more.just like Japanese Carrier Destroyer,where total number of helos carried are grossly underestimated.

J-35? Naval FGFA?

Anyway the point is that China will have much larger carriers than the Indians have, even if the Indians have the same number of carriers as the Chinese.

China could easily go for a 75-80,000 tonne conventional carrier by end of decade and then construct a 100,000 tonne nuclear super-carrier by the mid-2020s.

China has both the financial and technological resources to do this. India has neither to be honest.

Indians need to focus on pure research and social improvements instead of focusing on countering China.

not even a single american warship is truely american in that term.we're living in a world where co-op matters.I wonder in which stream you studied.cause,I studied in engineering.and we studied about how a system is implemented.not in every sector,you've to make everything,as it is not feasible.you've to take cost benefits analysis,along with estimation tech and see if a projects worth it or not.if you suggests that all indian tech will make us proud,then you're dead wrong.cause all indian products will make this warship a heap of garbage.to make a good platform,a lot of things have to be procured.you're seeing China as an example.I'll suggest you should try Japan or South Korea as an example.cause these countries have near similar tech base and not under any kind of sanction,like China,who are forced to use their crappy and reverse engineered products.and don't forget,its a communist country.there,everything is gloomy and came right from the heaven,however crappy it may be.thats how they project everything.they project their subs as "Black Hole" while USA says these are noisier than 30 years old soviet subs.same goes for each sector.

for Mig-29K,its not Zhuk Ae,but our chosen AESA for MRCA will be most probably integrated.in that case,it'll be most probably RBE2.as for irst,I wonder even J-15 uses one(even if it uses,I'm sure Russian or western IRST is much more capable).Mig-29K will be most probably use OLS-29,a capable IRST.or may be,we could mount OSF from Thales.I wonder what kind of IRST China use,and if those are any better than these...as far as you're concerned about Navy's future,be assured.either navy will buy more Rafale for its ski jump Acs,or some other crafts.but as far as Mig-29K's capability,its a very capable jet.of course its not some F-22,but its what Navy opted for.so,you should keep faith in it.
ur post really shows ur knowledge in matters regarding tot
u think we will be allowed to use french stuff in mig-29 and lca??this is laughable.the tot will cover only licence production of non sensitive stuff in india for only rafale.ask anyone.all the stuff like osf and radar won't even come under tot and only radar source codes will be given to integrate weapons of our choice
as for ols-29 goes,there is nothing called ols-29,its ols-uem that will be used in mig-35 too and is not good enough,check urself.for starters if u call this good then i have nothing to say
http://tangosix.rs/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/OLS-UEM.jpg

Look,all I can say is that IN somewhat diluted the figure of total aircraft carried.similar size ACs carry some 40 aircrafts,so no wonder in Viky could carry some 25 Aircraft with some 10 helos or more.just like Japanese Carrier Destroyer,where total number of helos carried are grossly underestimated.
the point of contention is the value of keeping mig's starting today and continuing well into 2040's??
is their any point??i think not
but if u gonna keep them,they need to be much more modernized than they actually are

u think we will be allowed to use french stuff in mig-29 and lca??this is laughable.the tot will cover only licence production of non sensitive stuff in india for only rafale.ask anyone.all the stuff like osf and radar won't even come under tot and only radar source codes will be given to integrate weapons of our choice
as for ols-29 goes,there is nothing called ols-29,its ols-uem that will be used in mig-35 too and is not good enough,check urself.for starters if u call this good then i have nothing to say

Last edited:
the point of contention is the value of keeping mig's starting today and continuing well into 2040's??
is their any point??i think not
but if u gonna keep them,they need to be much more modernized than they actually are

TOT???we are using French,Israeli and other stuffs in Su-30 and preparing to integrate russian missiles to Rafale and others like israeli missile for them too possibly(derby).so,why can't we use new Radar for Mig-29K??of course we need permission from Russia about that but Mig-29K will use AESA that will be chose by India,thats what already known.you should study about French or Israeli parts in Su-30 MKI before making assumption.

as for Mig-29K for 2040,do you think Mig-29K will be use in our carrier till 2040 without modification??just take a look about our Mirages.how much common platfor it is when it was inducted in 1987 and now,when they're getting modified.or take a look at Jaguars or better,Su-30.we started from Su-30K,then Mk and MKI.now,we'll get Super 30.same will follow for Mig-29K too.same goes for any platform as well.we'll most probably will get Rafale from our carriers,or if possible,Pak-Fa naval variants.but lets concentrate in the present.

haha
again a laughable post from u.
just type su-30 equipment and mig-29k and see who posted equipment details there
for radar and irst we are using only russian stuff in all our fighters from russia(i don't know why)
the israeli parts are mainly jammers and pods(litening),hud's etc
so even in retrofit or mlu's i expect only russian radar in these.

and before boasting about su-30 mki pls read the radar,irst specs of that too and know its rcs also.
the fact is we need a super sukhoi upgrade too asap as equipment in it has started to age as well.

by the way did u read the specs of ols-uem??
now go and check the specs of rafale and typhoon irst......................then ask ur self

as for mirage 2000 upgrade its already highly controversial upgarde
check what we are getting for 40 million per aircraft upgrade

Liaoning is much newer, laid down in 1985, and much bigger, beam 75 meters compared to 60 meters. Liaoning is a true carrier from the outset, carrying no surface to surface missiles. J-15 is officially operational. Liaoning has phased array radars from Type 052C and FL-3000N missile CIWS and Type 730 gun CIWS. Overall, Liaoning is more technologically advanced.

Last edited:
Why is Liaoning designated as CV16? Were there 15 aircraft carriers before Liaoning in the PLAN?

Isn't Russia replacing the its Su-33's (J-15 is Chinese copy of Su-33), on its only aircraft carrier, with Mig-29Ks??

Isn't Russia replacing the its Su-33's (J-15 is Chinese copy of Su-33), on its only aircraft carrier, with Mig-29Ks??

Maybe. J-15 / Su-33 is much bigger and faster than MiG-29K. It's like A7M Reppu compared to A6M AKA Zero or F6F Hellcat compared to F4F Wildcat.

mig-29k is just economical,nothing special as far as equipment is concerned vis a vis f-16 block 52
now for now we may be happy but 5 years from now these will need an upgrade to be relevant and it better be a big one

Back
Top Bottom