What's new

Vikramditya & the IAC Vikrant Threat To Pakistan Waters

in case of war both country will take out target of interest from ballistic missile like
Air field ,Naval dock,command centre Ballastic missile storage and silos just few example's

It will take atleast 4 - 5 years before the carrier and the destroyer get fully equiped with LR-SAM[Barak-8] till then good luck to protect it .in war when a enemy can destroy enemy air field and fighter plane before they can take off with heavy protection then any thing can happen to air craft carrier battle group.Awacs have made it more interesting because they can locate enemy ship from more then 400 kms and can direct the attack to the target.

with limited resourses pakistan is always happen to maintain conventionally edge with india superior machine.

Future war will be multi-dimension and multi nation so it will be very difficult war i think india should focus on china more then pakistan because of MAD :suicide:scenario[matual assured destruction].Always give defeating army a passage to escape or they will fight till they die and in this case we all know what will happen.

Technology is changing so rapidly and with friend like china the situation in sub continent can change very rapidly so its very important to keep on doing innovation and improving ratherthen celebrating paper victory .:cheers:

BD already has 3 frigates and 2 more have been ordered. Those two are due to arrive in BD by early next year.

3 submarines from China will cost 1 billion dollars. BD spent 4 billion dollars in the last 5 years on arms imports.

Deal has already been made for two Chinese subs for training purposes but they will not be the modern Song/Yuan types.

BD's 150 billion dollar economy is forecast to grow at nearly 7% a year to 2018 - you can do the math there.

Is the math poiting towards obliterating IN??? please do look up IN strength, and in a tactical scenario, the rest of Indian military.... I am pleasantly surprised when bangladeshi members want to turn India-Bn scenario into a regional conflict theater, when there are no scenario' which can lead to one....

Is the math poiting towards obliterating IN??? please do look up IN strength, and in a tactical scenario, the rest of Indian military.... I am pleasantly surprised when bangladeshi members want to turn India-Bn scenario into a regional conflict theater, when there are no scenario' which can lead to one....

Why do people never read post history in their entirety and jump to conclusions on incomplete information!

I was replying to a poster who was confident that the Indian Coast Guard was more than enough for the BD Navy and that BD was too poor to afford modern submarines.

You can't read or what?The nuke sub of PLAN will be based here. And what is so very funny if BN eventually acquires a nuke sub? Just like your low-cast mind cannot digest the fact that your cricket team was beaten by ours again and again.

Yes am belong to low cast and am Dalith... I am Proud to be Indian...I am happy with my country... before going personal.... let me remind you one thing... am PH.D scholar,researching MAGLEV EMS and EDS..... what are you??? mind your language..i don't give damn about you nor about your country... delusional people.... There will be no free things from china...

Why do people never read post history in their entirety and jump to conclusions on incomplete information!

I was replying to a poster who was confident that the Indian Coast Guard was more than enough for the BD Navy and that BD was too poor to afford modern submarines.

I am not sure about the merit of comparison with ICG, but the contention is metaphorical with mammoth sized OPV and IPV fleet that out numbers BN patrol fleet by almost 4 to 5 times for ICG, along with 38 Do 228 maritime surveillance aircraft, 9 ALH's and 18 chetak utility helicopters. On operating inventory, personell, and air wing of Indian coast guards, it is larger than the entire BN combined....

You can't read or what?The nuke sub of PLAN will be based here. And what is so very funny if BN eventually acquires a nuke sub? Just like your low-cast mind cannot digest the fact that your cricket team was beaten by ours again and again.

Man... you are funny... I like reading your posts....

Yes absolutely we were humbled when your team won the world cup, and is currently reigning no 1 ODI side & No2 Test and T20 side....... emm wait thats India...

But I do wish that your dream comes true, all the the countries you envisage do vulture around India, that will make us only more stronger,

I am not sure about the merit of comparison with ICG, but the contention is metaphorical with mammoth sized OPV and IPV fleet that out numbers BN patrol fleet by almost 4 to 5 times for ICG, along with 38 Do 228 maritime surveillance aircraft, 9 ALH's and 18 chetak utility helicopters. On operating inventory, personell, and air wing of Indian coast guards, it is larger than the entire BN combined....

Let us be realistic.

Indian coast guard will be heavily out-gunned by the BD Navy that will come into being by the end of the decade. Having greater numbers of vessels will count for nothing when the anti-ship missiles from the BD Navy's frigates and corvettes blow them out of the water

It is pretty much guaranteed that 2-3 modern submarines, 5 frigates and 6-8 corvettes that will be nearly as powerful as the frigates will be in service

While this is now speculation, it is not unrealistic to also add 2/3 ultra-modern frigates with 24/32 VLS with medium range SAMs may also be available.

How will BD pay for this? I repeat that with a 150 billion dollar economy, that is predicted to grow at nearly 7% a year for the next 5 years, this is very much possible.

There is no way the Indian coast guard will be any match for the small but the relatively modern BD Navy by the end of this decade.

Let us be realistic.

Indian coast guard will be heavily out-gunned by the BD Navy that will come into being by the end of the decade. Having greater numbers of vessels will count for nothing when the anti-ship missiles from the BD Navy's frigates and corvettes blow them out of the water

My bad, i thought you understood what metaphorical meant, but I am quite amused that you scratched your head to have one on one with ICG, that does bring a smile...

Let us be realistic.It is pretty much guaranteed that 2-3 modern submarines, 5 frigates and 6-8 corvettes that will be nearly as powerful as the frigates will be in service

While this is now speculation, it is not unrealistic to also add 2/3 ultra-modern frigates with 24/32 VLS with medium range SAMs may also be available.
If you are being realistic, why spend money on asymmetrical growth in armed forces when there is no adversary present in the distant horizon...

How will BD pay for this? I repeat that with a 150 billion dollar economy, that is predicted to grow at nearly 7% a year for the next 5 years, this is very much possible.

There is now way the Indian coast guard will be any much for the small but the relatively modern BD Navy by the end of this decade.
I had commented on the patrolling capability based on the strength of the IPV's and OPV's, but if your contentions still stands to confront some navy in the Indian ocean, Myanmar would be a good candidate to start,

I had commented on the patrolling capability based on the strength of the IPV's and OPV's, but if your contentions still stands to confront some navy in the Indian ocean, Myanmar would be a good candidate to start,

BD has no real wish to confront anyone.

India is far too powerful now and Myanmar dispute has been settled.

BD needs at least a certain level of capability to act as some kind of deterrent to even India.Maybe nothing credible this decade but certainly towards the end of the next.

It seems settled that around 2% of GDP will be spent on defence and this will allow increasing funding as the economy grows over time. With the increasing sophistication of Chinese arms and coupled with generous finance terms( and before anyone makes a comment BD will pay for all arms in full), it seems possible that by 2030 BD could have a pretty decent Navy.

Yes absolutely we were humbled when your team won the world cup, and is currently reigning no 1 ODI side & No2 Test and T20 side....... emm wait thats India...

But I do wish that your dream comes true, all the the countries you envisage do vulture around India, that will make us only more stronger,

lol. He was talking about us beating you india. Not about rankings which you guys achieved by beating other teams. But against us you lost more. LOL.

ODI:

125 played. Pak won 71, India won 50, Tied 4

Test:
59 played. Pak won 12, India won 9, Draw 38

lol. He was talking about us beating you india. Not about rankings which you guys achieved by beating other teams. But against us you lost more. LOL.

ODI:

125 played. Pak won 71, India won 50, Tied 4

Test:
59 played. Pak won 12, India won 9, Draw 38

Sleep tight... we sliced some thing in 1971...

Yes am belong to low cast and am Dalith... I am Proud to be Indian...I am happy with my country... before going personal.... let me remind you one thing... am PH.D scholar,researching MAGLEV EMS and EDS..... what are you??? mind your language..i don't give damn about you nor about your country... delusional people.... There will be no free things from china...

Yeh Kya hota hai :D

Back
Top Bottom