What's new

China's software industry revenue is 5+ times of India

IMHO, the Chinese method is more stable than the Indian in the long run.....huge domestic market ensures stability for the industry....
India's software industry is mainly catering to the need of the west and as new players like Vietnam, Philippines etc. emerge the west will waste no time in choosing the cheapest alternative.........
This is exactly the same to the manufacturing in China, it also highly depends on the need of the west. And when salary in China is increasing, the west will choose an alternative in some cheaper countries like Vietnam, Cambodia etc. So the Chinese government is now seeking all ways to change this kind of a export economy to increase the domestic consumption.

They weren't banned "due to some political reasons". They were banned because they had a strange notion that the law was just a suggestion.

Yea they completely disregard copyright laws.

The different between India and China economy:

India is IT, high tech and services economy.

While China is still stuck in low-cost manufacturing.

I hope, one day, China will catch India.

Have big IT sector and hi-tech that dominate the manufacturing, as well as able to develop services economy.

Many people don't know that the success of Dubai, all the tall skyscrapers, contributed by Indian investors.

There is a chinese replica for mozilla ... called as cometbird... Except few things like it doesn't support IDM plug in ... etc... it looks like firefox...

The different between India and China economy:

India is IT, high tech and services economy.

While China is still stuck in low-cost manufacturing.

I hope, one day, China will catch India.

Have big IT sector and hi-tech that dominate the manufacturing, as well as able to develop services economy.

Many people don't know that the success of Dubai, all the tall skyscrapers, contributed by Indian investors.
I will ask 3 questions:
1. Can you tell me the main economies in the world which did not experience the period of your so called low-cost manufacturing? Is Taiwan a exception? As I know, most low-cost manufacturing in mainland China is run by Taiwan companies like Foxconn. And with the salaries increase along the coast cities, Taiwan companies move deeper into the west of mainland China or south asia to seek cheaper labor force.

2. How many jobs can this IT, high tech and services economy provide? Especially for millions of Indians who know nothing about the computer and English?

3. Does India really not want to develop their low-cost manufacturing? Or their terrible infrastructure and rigid employ laws limit their attraction for foreign companies to invest there?

Last edited:
I will ask 3 questions:
1. Can you tell me the main economies in the world which did not experience the you so called low-cost manufacturing? Is Taiwan a exception? As I know, most low-cost manufacturing in mainland China is run by Taiwan companies like Foxconn. And with the salaries increase along the coast cities, Taiwan companies move deeper into the west of mainland China.

2. How many jobs can this IT, high tech and services economy provide? Especially for millions of Indians who know nothing about the computer and English?

3. Does India really not want to develop their low-cost manufacturing? Or their terrible infrastructure and rigid employ laws limit their attraction for foreign companies to invest there?

Point 3 was quite valid, but the new Government of Modi is doing a lot to ease out the laws and support make in India. Lets see what happens down the lines.

And yes, IT can not provide job for masses and have its limitations. We need unskilled jobs as well.

Those company were banned because they didn't agree with some the censorship required by the law. Now, you can argue about the morality of censorship, but as long as the law is in affect, you can obey it ,and have the same chances to prosper as others. Or, you can disobey it and get kick out. Simple as that. There is no prejudice, as the law applies to everyone.

As for copyright laws, I'm sure the Chinese companies, in order to do business overseas, comply with the laws of those countries, even if they disagree with them.

I will ask 3 questions:
1. Can you tell me the main economies in the world which did not experience the period of your so called low-cost manufacturing? Is Taiwan a exception? As I know, most low-cost manufacturing in mainland China is run by Taiwan companies like Foxconn. And with the salaries increase along the coast cities, Taiwan companies move deeper into the west of mainland China or south asia to seek cheaper labor force.

1. Taiwan company sell product more expensive category than local mainland factory.

2. A lot. In developed country, Hi-tech and service sectors dominate the entire economy.

3. India industry is more in creativity than copycat and depend on domestic consumption.

I watch a news report years ago about India creativity industry vs China low-cost copycat industry. Published by very highly respected media, made by high IQ journalists and several world greatest economist endorse it. The report was published in developed countries, where people are extremely highly educated with world most advanced society.

There is a chinese replica for mozilla ... called as cometbird... Except few things like it doesn't support IDM plug in ... etc... it looks like firefox...

Agree!

Behind world greatest software like MS Windows, MS Office, etc.

There are Indian programmers behind it.

It's partially Made in India!

1. Taiwan company sell product more expensive category than local mainland factory.

2. A lot. In developed country, Hi-tech and service sectors dominate the entire economy.

3. India industry is more in creativity than copycat and depend on domestic consumption.

I watch a news report years ago about India creativity industry vs China low-cost copycat industry. Published by very highly respected media, made by high IQ journalists and several world greatest economist endorse it. The report was published in developed countries, where people are extremely highly educated with world most advanced society.

Agree!

1. The fact is many cities along the coast in mainland China become richer than some cities in Taiwan. I am so surprised that why many Taiwaneses always live in dreams? They all have some strange superiority and make fun of mainland and are proud of "Made in Taiwan", but in the end the "MIT waste oil" spreads all over the island.

2. This thread is about India and China, why do you want to bring in the developed countries as a example? Is there any similarity between the developed countries and India except so called "democracy"? Are there millions of unskilled illiteracies in the developed countries who can not find a job?

3. I had read the theory of China's collapse 20 years ago, this theory is also developed and published by your so called "high IQ and very highly respected western economist" and renews every year during the last 2 decades. So I think in your option this theory must be the truth of the universe. Then what happens now? Does the theory become true? Does China collapse?
So what you refer to is a untestified theory, or just a prophecy, and it needs time to testify. I am so appreciated that you can put a comment only with a untestified theory but without any hard evidence. BTW, can you show me any example about your so called unique invention manufactured by "India creativity industry"?

Last edited:

this is ridiculous argument.
There is no copyright law about Internet in any country.
If so, USA's Yelp is a copycat of China's Dianping.com
then why not sue Yelp?

Besides, before google, there are many search engine
before facebook, there is myspace

so google and facebook are all copycat of other websites, who to blame?

even in hardware, samsung also copies a lot from iphone
india is even funny
see this:

http://upload1.techweb.com.cn/s/320/2014/1006/1412573100377.jpg

Obi Mobiles Falcon S451 copies exactly Oppo N1

Agree!

stupid argument.
China has more software engineers than India, let alone IT hardware engineers.
China's GDP is around 5 times of India, while its software revenue is also 5 times of India. And here I haven't mentioned IT hardware as well as other high-tech sector like high-speed railway, green technology, blabla. And you say India is a high-tech dominant country?

Taiwan has ever been a cheap labor-intensive manufacturing base. It is just you have passed that phase and now you turn to laugh at the successors?

in global innovation index ranking, India ranks 78 while China ranks twenty something, very few patents are from India, while you say india is more creative? XDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited:
1. The fact is many cities along the coast in mainland China become richer than some cities in Taiwan. I am so surprised that why many Taiwaneses always live in dreams? They all have some strange superiority and make fun of mainland and are proud of "Made in Taiwan", but in the end the "MIT waste oil" spreads all over the island.

2. This thread is about India and China, why do you want to bring in the developed countries as a example? Is there any similarity between the developed countries and India except so called "democracy"? Are there millions of unskilled illiteracies in the developed countries who can not find a job?

3. I had read the theory of China's collapse 20 years ago, this theory is also developed and published by your so called "high IQ and very highly respected western economist" and renews every year during the last 2 decades. So I think in your option this theory must be the truth of the universe. Then what happens now? Does the theory become true? Does China collapse?
So what you refer to is a untestified theory, or just a prophecy, and it needs time to testify. I am so appreciated that you can put a comment only with a untestified theory but without any hard evidence. BTW, can you show me any example about your so called unique invention manufactured by "India creativity industry"?

1. Taiwan is always superior! Because Taiwan is democracy! Compare with the poor, dirty and backwater non-democracy mainland.

The same narrative is broadcasted in HK, South Korea and Japan too. Taiwan's waste oil... it's mainland fault. Japan's food scandal, mainland fault too. HK's pollution, mainland fault again.

Democracy always right never wrong! That is why Taiwanese love and hugely in-debt to democracy.

2. India economy model designed based on the world most advanced and wealthiest country model. Only master race like Indian can do it!

The illiteracy part of India... Well, because India is democracy, the world largest, that is why India respect traditional culture and they preserve it. Illiteracy, no electricity, no tap water, etc... pure nature!

3. I watch on TV about Indian creativity, where they have a traditional bag industry with highly spirited and very creative young entrepreneur.

Then the journalist compare it with copycat mainland factory, by showing how knocked product was made in the shabby factory, and the working condition look more like a slavery.

IMHO, the Chinese method is more stable than the Indian in the long run.....huge domestic market ensures stability for the industry....
India's software industry is mainly catering to the need of the west and as new players like Vietnam, Philippines etc. emerge, the west will waste no time in choosing the cheapest alternative.........

China has similar issue with the manufacturing sector.

stupid argument.
China has more software engineers than India, let alone IT hardware engineers.
China's GDP is around 5 times of India, while its software revenue is also 5 times of India. And here I haven't mentioned IT hardware as well as other high-tech sector like high-speed railway, green technology, blabla. And you say India is a high-tech dominant country?

Taiwan has ever been a cheap labor-intensive manufacturing base. It is just you have passed that phase and now you turn to laugh at the successors?

in global innovation index ranking, India ranks 78 while China ranks twenty something, very few patents are from India, while you say india is more creative? XDDDDDDDDDD

I heard, despite China university graduate more student, but the quality is questionable. They usually need to be reeducated again when joining foreign company.

India software is for international market, especially those in developed country.

I think the global innovation index team missed India bag maker I mentioned in the post above.

Lot many Indians actually know English and many college going student know about programming. its true, we need to diversity the employment sectors particularly the manufacturing. I don't want my market to be keep flooding with Chinese goods.

Back
Top Bottom