China urges Philippines to respect its sovereignty

Krueger

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
02-25-2014

10f3txz.jpg

Filipino fishermen are claiming China Coast Guards fired with water cannons off the Huangyan islands in the South China Sea. In response, the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs has summoned the Charge d’Affaires of the Chinese Embassy in Manila to lodge a protest.

The Philippines has since said that the fishermen were merely seeking shelter in the area due to bad weather. Meanwhile, China’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman has responded to the allegations during a regular press meeting on Tuesday.

"For foreign ships in the area, Chinese ships have been carrying out necessary management appropriately and reasonably, and in a humanitarian spirit, we handled the activities of the ships seeking shelter. We demand that the relevant country earnestly respect China’s sovereignty, and not provoke any new incidents," said Hua Chunying, Spokeswoman of China’s Foreign Ministry.

China urges Philippines to respect its sovereignty CCTV News - CNTV English

Related stories

Last edited:
illegal sovereignty ... Indeed ...
Because it's close to China neighbors coasts !!!

Don't talk to us something like, "when you swim far away from your own beaches, you must report to China ..."

What we see here is " the big China threaten the weak Phillipines" without care about the international rules and laws

Last year, Philippines asked the United Nations arbitration tribunal to rule on the validity of China's claim to most of the sea, but China has refused to be part of the process. And is anyone surprised?

Last year, Philippines asked the United Nations arbitration tribunal to rule on the validity of China's claim to most of the sea, but China has refused to be part of the process. And is anyone surprised?
I think China always claims her ownership for the islands is incontrovertible. If China follows with the sue, the ownership would be controvertible. Philippines' move is like some kind of cunning thieves. If they win the case, they get something that don't belong to them. If they lose, they have nothing to lose.

I think China always claims her ownership for the islands is incontrovertible. If China follows with the sue, the ownership would be controvertible. Philippines' move is like some kind of cunning thieves. If they win the case, they get something that don't belong to them. If they lose, they have nothing to lose.

Wow the theft speaks the world knows that china is the aggressor here u guys cant even prove anything

Arbitration by the tribunal usually come down to actual control, so before China take actual control of these islands, its not gonna let the matter go to the tribunal.

illegal sovereignty ... Indeed ...
Because it's close to China neighbors coasts !!!

Don't talk to us something like, "when you swim far away from your own beaches, you must report to China ..."

What we see here is " the big China threaten the weak Phillipines" without care about the international rules and laws

Geographic approximation is never the criteria for ownership.

lol? Philippians should start to respect their sovereignty first for themselves before demanding others to do. How is that Philippians let their people be exploited by all these western companies, and let their girls be abused by western tourists and american soldiers if they think they are sovereign ?

you means nine-dashed line ?

no, we mean , Falkland Islands, we mean Guam, we mean Hawaii, we mean french guiana, and a lot of other territories claimed that are no where near their host country.

China has historical claim to these islands, Philippines wasn't even a nation before Americans let go, while Vietnam was in a tributary relationship with China, how could these islands belong to a non existent state, and a state that is the protectorate of the claimer.

China's claim to these islands is as valid as the British is to the Falklands.

If you want to question Chinese claims which are valid, then you challenge the entire Chinese nation, we don't wish for war and we don't want it, but, the British were not afraid to go to war and neither are we.

So have Vietnam ever attacked Chinese soldiers for occupation of some islands in Paracels, Spratlys ? for several centuries. No, we never, we are no need to attack anyone because we had them already

... but China did attack others when they want to establish their occupation ? You and me has the video, image, articles about this events ... all happen within less than a half of a century.
No China map include these, no Chinese residents ever stay on them .. before recent Chinese occupation ...

Until now no China map include these islands and their surround water... ( just don't joke me by the hand-writing-nine-dashed line by some kids without any coordinates )

China's claim to these islands is as valid as the British is to the Falklands.

If you want to question Chinese claims which are valid, then you challenge the entire Chinese nation, we don't wish for war and we don't want it, but, the British were not afraid to go to war and neither are we.

Basically, you could claim any island, land, sea as yours ... and use military force to occupy and own them ... without care about the international rules and laws ...
That's way of occupation, same to what the Japan did to China during WW2

The fact, we all want that's never happen, and forget it ...

Now you want to repeat the Japan acts ?

Basically, you could claim any island, land, sea as yours ... and use military force to occupy and own them ... without care about the international rules and laws ...
That's way of occupation, same to what the Japan did to China during WW2

The fact, we all want that's never happen, and forget it ...

Now you want to repeat the Japan acts ?

No.....We have claim to these islands, I didn't know the Japanese had claims on Vietnam Korea, China, part of Russia, and most of South east Asia.

The British first Claimed the Falklands, and we first claimed these islands. You can't just come in and say they are yours because they are close, we have claim on these islands and the British set the precedent that in the 21st century it is still acceptable to defend overseas territory, our overseas territory.

We are not invading them, if anything the Philippines and Vietnam invaded them when we were at our weakest, and when the Philippines was looking like the next Japan.

Fast forward to now, Philippines is just another third world basket case, and Vietnam is only just emerging from early communist ideas and retooled them for the modern world.

So now we have the ability to DEFEND our territory, and you guys are jumping, stolen is stolen, what's ours is ours. Give it back or die. I don't like the second option, cause the Chinese saying far away relatives is not better than close neighbors. I would ask for a reasonable solution, but it must come on the basis that we are the owner of OUR OWN ISLANDS.

Are their ancient maps of ownership of islands? Or is there a lot more to it than just that?

We are not invading them, if anything the Philippines and Vietnam invaded them when we were at our weakest, and when the Philippines was looking like the next Japan.

You DID killed our men for getting your occupation for the first time. That's is invasion.

Give it back or die.

Above is clealy the words of a gangster when he want you to pass your wallet to him.
Tell me when we steal anything from you ?

Are their ancient maps of ownership of islands? Or is there a lot more to it than just that?

Do you consider late 1800s and early 1900s to be ancient? Also Philippines had no mention of these islands, but suddenly they added them as we were in our worst political and economical state.

As to Vietnam, the Nationalists had all eyes on the communists so when WW2 ended, the handing over of taken territory was no done evenly, as Diaoyu in East China sea.

The US dictated who gets what and because of Chinese US relations and also the powerlessness of the Chinese state, we had to comply. But today it is different. These islands were taken from us and American history proves it. Read it, don't read the non-objective parts, just read the timeline and see how you view these events. I won't try to sway you one way or the other.

@BoQ77

The islands were ours, you guys took it, we took it back, and it was against the American puppet Vietnam not Communist Vietnam, the true sovereign Vietnam. But either way it was ours to begin with, as I mentioned above, the US first gave it to "vietnam" in the interests of the French, of course what happened next was not expected by the US, so hence this problem of ours.

As to your second quote that's completely out of context, the fact that you didn't quote the next part means that you know that as well.

Do you consider late 1800s and early 1900s to be ancient? Also Philippines had no mention of these islands, but suddenly they added them as we were in our worst political and economical state.

As to Vietnam, the Nationalists had all eyes on the communists so when WW2 ended, the handing over of taken territory was no done evenly, as Diaoyu in East China sea.

The US dictated who gets what and because of Chinese US relations and also the powerlessness of the Chinese state, we had to comply. But today it is different. These islands were taken from us and American history proves it. Read it, don't read the non-objective parts, just read the timeline and see how you view these events. I won't try to sway you one way or the other.

I wasn't taking sides, it was a general question to all involved. That's why I asked, to learn more on the matter. I noticed a lot of arguing/debating goes on here about claim to those islands. Obviously each side has it's reasons for claim. Just trying to get to understand.

Back
Top Bottom