What's new

China to name its first aircraft carrier 'Liaoning'

Also inform about how many ACC being built by Chinese. I think I read somewhere that they are in pipeline. Are they nuke powered ? What will be number of aircrafts on and tonnage of the domestically build one.

EzioAltaïr;3425998 said:
:rofl: No idiot, we all know very well that the ship is Russian.
Idiot is yrs! One of yr good buddy claim Yr INS Vikramaditya is indigenous and touted our as Russian.

EzioAltaïr;3425998 said:
That must be every Chinese troll's dream, India not having ACs. :lol:

Russia to demand more money to fix INS Vikramaditya | idrw.org

I warn you not to troll and make fun on Liaoning CV-16 and you Indian fanboys don't heed. Never mind, Karma struck INS Vikramaditya now.. Don't say I didn't warn you. :lol: Pay up the ransom and Russia will then release your ship. :lol: Most important, say good thing abt Chinese CV and yr ship will be blessed. :lol:

The memory of the steep price escalation by Russians for the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov was still fresh in the memories of Indian defence authorities, and the latest snags experienced during the trials of the flat top carrier indicates that Moscow will up the price for warship once more.

The issue is expected to be at the forefront when Russian Defence Minister Anatoly E Serdyukov visits India next month. The Russians have informed about the glitches during the sea trials of the 44,570 tonnes Kiev class aircraft carrier, rechristened as INS Vikramaditya literally meaning “Brave as Sun”, to the Indian Defence Ministry.

Sources informed The New Indian Express that the Russians are building up case for another price hike for the second hand warship. “The Russians are claiming that it was the Indian Navy that insisted on bricks insulation for the boilers rather than the traditional asbestos coating and would therefore claim more in the name of dry dock maintenance,” added the sources.

The Indian Navy’s aim to operate two functional aircraft carriers at a given time suffered a second setback when after 90 days of sailing in the Barent Sea seven of the eight boilers of the warship did not function at its maximum power limit. According to the widely read Russian daily “Kommersant”, the seven boilers were damaged during the trial delaying the delivery of the warship by a year.

The Indian Navy, however, contended that the contract provides for leeway of 3-4 months in case of delay in delivery but beyond that the provisions call for imposing penalty if its delayed beyond it.

he acquisition of Admiral Gorshkov has been full of the price escalation saga. Offered as a gift to the Indian Navy in the beginning, the Russians had used the warship to arm-twist the Indian government to cough up more money that was used to bail out the cash-strapped Sevmash shipyard. The contract was signed in 2004 for a package deal of $1.5 billion that included $974 million for its refit and the rest for the 16 MiG-29 K fighter jets. The initial delivery date was in 2008.

However project hit the headlines in 2007 when Russia said that it will not be able to meet its initial deadline of 2008 and pushed it back to 2010 and demanded upped the price to $2.9 billion. After years of strenuous price re-negotiations the deal was re-inked at $2.33 billion in 2010 and December 2012 was fixed as the delivery time.

However, the recent development indicates that the leviathan is going to miss its deadline once again.

Earlier, the indigenous aircraft carrier project suffered a two years delay when truck carrying important equipment met an accident. Both the aircraft carrier are crucial for the Indian Navy’s policy to gain maritime advantage in the Indian Ocean Region – spread from Gulf of Aden in the east to Malacca Strait in the west – as the force envisages to have one aircraft carrier each for its two coasts.

Also inform about how many ACC being built by Chinese. I think I read somewhere that they are in pipeline. Are they nuke powered ? What will be number of aircrafts on and tonnage of the domestically build one.

They plan to have upto 5 aircraft carriers between 2015 and 2020. Liaoning was the first acquisition. China is already building an AC, but the PLA chief Chen Bingde refused to give any details until the carrier is completely built.

good question. I also want to know. but there are no official annoucement before the ACC is build.

Yes, they're building one. It will be conventionally powered and between the size of Varyag and Kitty Hawk. The only thing left for debate is whether it will use ramp or cataphult for takeoff.

Nuclear powered carrier is also in the plan, but that's at least two decades down the line, and we'll all be in our 50's before we even see a picture.

Yes, they're building one. It will be conventionally powered and between the size of Varyag and Kitty Hawk. The only thing left for debate is whether it will use ramp or cataphult for takeoff.

Nuclear powered carrier is also in the plan, but that's at least two decades down the line, and we'll all be in our 50's before we even see a picture.

catapult for sure。the only question is if PLAN will leapfrog steam and use magnetic system for its 1st or 2nd conventional CVs,which will be built separately at DL and JN。construction on nuclear powered CVs are likely to start sometime between 2018 and 2020。

Idiot is yrs! One of yr good buddy claim Yr INS Vikramaditya is indigenous and touted our as Russian.

Which it is and has a Russian name too.

Russia to demand more money to fix INS Vikramaditya | idrw.org

I warn you not to troll and make fun on Liaoning CV-16 and you Indian fanboys don't heed. Never mind, Karma struck INS Vikramaditya now.. Don't say I didn't warn you. :lol: Pay up the ransom and Russia will then release your ship. :lol: Most important, say good thing abt Chinese CV and yr ship will be blessed. :lol:

Since rest of the world knows about the English reading standards in China.
You cannot be blamed about this from the same source.

The Indian Navy, however, contended that the contract provides for leeway of 3-4 months in case of delay in delivery but beyond that the provisions call for imposing penalty if its delayed beyond it.

No matter what you do the Chinese... sorry the Russian scrap metal.. still floats in and floats back... wasting thousands of dollars in useless trails and re-paintings being done on the rusted junk... without any significance.

Not even the master's begging for arresters from Russia is helping it...:lol:
Russia refuses to sell arresters for Chinese aircraft carrier

Not even the master's begging for arresters from Russia is helping it...:lol:
Russia refuses to sell arresters for Chinese aircraft carrier

Debunked China produced it's own

20120106132582546689342.jpg

20120106132582547478213.jpg

20120106132582549993579.jpg

20120106132582544326967.jpg

20120106132582544714281.jpg

20120106132582545052997.jpg

20120106132582545124716.jpg

Debunked China produced it's own

20120106132582546689342.jpg

20120106132582547478213.jpg

20120106132582549993579.jpg

20120106132582544326967.jpg

20120106132582544714281.jpg

20120106132582545052997.jpg

20120106132582545124716.jpg

Whats with those blurry images.. If China did produce.. why isn't seen on Carrier... oh is it also a cheap copy of some Ukrainian cables.. which breaks off easily ?

No flight tests=chines fail to make proper copies of the Ukrainian arresters... swallow it... you can only get such good info.. outside CCP... well.

Whats with those blurry images.. If China did produce.. why isn't seen on Carrier... oh is it also a cheap copy of some Ukrainian cables.. which breaks off easily ?

No flight tests=chines fail to make proper copies of the Ukrainian arresters... swallow it... you can only get such good info.. outside CCP... well.

Sour grapes.. Your useless cheapstake INS carrier with all its useless boiler defect. :lol: Indian is a joke!

Swallow it!

Earlier images but and again your assumptions fail, you are free to believe whatever you want again.
03-3.jpg

06-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

【56城事拍客-大连】近距离直击中国航母阻拦索安装完成_视频在线观看 阻拦索 中国航母 - 56.com

it should be named something cute like " Panda " or heck even something cool like "Dragon"

still has a MADE IN CHINA STICKER on it no matter what name

The Panda?!? Yes, I am sure that will strike fear into the hearts of its targets. Oh beware of our mighty destroyer, The Fuzzy Panda!

:rofl:

That's US tradition
9GAG - Air Blast Bomb... check the comments, look at the name suggestions
Big democracy; freedom angel lowut?
(i know theyre sarcasm but you get the point)

Whats that a real plane sitting along a real arresters... :lol:.. We can see the chinese quality here... why don't you show real arresters which can stop real planes.

Sour grapes.. Your useless cheapstake INS carrier with all its useless boiler defect. :lol: Indian is a joke!

Swallow it!

Better than the scrap metal the chines junk dealer bought from some Ukrainian rust yard.

Whats that a real plane sitting along a real arresters... :lol:.. We can see the chinese quality here... why don't you show real arresters which can stop real planes.

Yup Real plane with real arresters which debunked your earlier claims and trolling.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom