What's new

China readies for a sharp short war with Japan

Don't worry, China will provide the infrastructure and help BD to upgrade its manufacturing level.

China will help the developing nations to become industrialized.

A developed and powerful China is the only hope for the non-Western world to escape poverty and exploitation by Westerners.

Really?:lol:
Somebody wake them up from their fairytale sleep.:lol:

They are pretty fanatical, just look their movies and promotion.

They basically deny all the crimes and still insist they were the saviors of Asia.

Just see how the Right-Wing version of the history now has been aired as the movie.

The war between China and USA will be MAD, so forget about our existence, and let alone the manufacturing jobs.

But China wants a limited war against Japan, and you think it gonna cost our manufacturing capability? LMAO

Did the WWII cost the manufacturing capability of the US? So same logic here.

Oh yes definitely because our allies in Asia and Europe will follow and impose sanctions on your manufacturing based economy if you go to war. That I can believe. Who else will buy your goods to replace those countries that refuse.

And bad comparison with U.S. manufacturing because we were supporting many Allies around the world. Who is going to support you in war with Japan and the U.S. especially as well as other allies?

Oh yes definitely because our allies in Asia and Europe will follow and impose sanctions on your manufacturing based economy if you go to war. That I can believe. Who else will buy your goods to replace those countries that refuse.

And bad comparison with U.S. manufacturing because we were supporting many Allies around the world. Who is going to support you in war with Japan and the U.S. especially as well as other allies?

You have to first tell to your closest ally Britain to stop using the RMB to shun the US dollar.

UK seeking to boost yuan trading role: Osborne - Yahoo News

And yet we intervene many times to support them whether in Korea, Vietnam, China during WW2, etc. And we still have forces in South Korea and Japan especially. Just to remind any enemy of Japan that you have the U.S. military to contend with. After all its still the American govt. that makes the decisions.

1950s china did not have the sophisticated weapons like current China and had 0 nuclear capability. Things have changed. Vietnam was Vietnam , not China. Are you saying ww2 has the same seriou consequences as a spat between China and Japan?

My bet is US will not intervene. The scenarious you mentioned are totally different with this situation as well as geopolitical powers are different now.

Whats this movie about?
I dont support the Imperial Japan but i liked the Mitsubishi Zero's :)

The story about a Kamikazed pilot to fight a "glorious war" for their country instead as an invasion according to the official WWII history.

Those Japs are making the alternative history now.

A developed and powerful China is the only hope for the non-Western world to escape poverty and exploitation by Westerners.
As much as I would like to believe this, BD is in no position to even take any more than a few percent of China's export industry.
Unlike China, BD lacks both infrastructure and discipline.

The US has ZERO interest in helping China get rich and losing their sole superpower position in the process. Simple reason why they are still buying from China is out of necessity and not choice. Both China and the US can do major economic damage to each other and so they both carry on with the relationship even though they do not trust each other.

U.S. govt. has zero interest yet its the American companies that hires Chinese cheap labor that helps the Chinese economy in development and infrastructure to make it possible to export en-mass. So the U.S. can easily help Bangladesh.

The story about a Kamikazed pilot to fight a "glorious war" for their country instead as an invasion according to the official WWII history.

Those Japs are making the alternative history now.
Hmm, interesting, i like Japanese but they should take reponsibility for their crimes in WWII, a movie like this will not be helpfull.

1950s china did not have the sophisticated weapons like current China and had 0 nuclear capability. Things have changed. Vietnam was Vietnam , not China. Are you saying ww2 has the same seriou consequences as a spat between China and Japan?

My bet is US will not intervene. The scenarious you mentioned are totally different with this situation as well as geopolitical powers are different now.

China invaded Vietnam and that didn't work out well for China especially for a country that doesn't have nukes and sophisticated weaponry. And as you said you bet that U.S. will not intervene if China goes to war with Japan. Its a gamble.

China invaded Vietnam and that didn't work out well for China especially for a country that doesn't have nukes and sophisticated weaponry. And as you said you bet that U.S. will not intervene if China goes to war with Japan. Its a gamble.

Because we are now in 2014, not in 1979 anymore.

Hmm, interesting, i like Japanese but they should take reponsibility for their crimes in WWII, a movie like this will not be helpfull.

They want to convince their citizens that the invasion of other Asian nations was a "heroic act" to "save" from the western colonies.

So basically they can't accept what they were doing in the past was wrong.

Of course, that means you can win the war successfully now?

The modern warfare is mostly about missile/drone happy triggers, so why not?

Since it will rarely involve with the ground troops like in 1979.

If China decides to attack Japan, it will turn almost every country in Asia against China. And besides China won't be taking on Japan alone, it will USA right there to support it.

There is no immediate gains for China by doing something this stupid. And lastly, Washington Times is a right wing newspaper, they are always hawkish towards China.

This news looks like utter nonsense to me.

Do you truly believe that few F-22 Raptors can pose any serious threat to China?

Remember most of the Raptors are grounded, and US was even hesitated to use them during the war against Libya.

As I said, few strikes from China against the airports, it is all over. And China is the largest manufacturer and trader right now, USA will badly hurt their own economy if they wanna play tough with China.

The F-22 were grounded due to problem with their breathing apparatus which has now been corrected.

A single Raptor can take out an entire squadron of Chinese Jets. A dogfight between Chinese and US Jets will resemble the turkey shoot that Israel and Syria had in 1982 when Israel shot down 82 Syrian Fighters without any loss.

Back
Top Bottom