What's new

China Needs to Make a Military Strike Now - My Personal Assessment

Nihonjin1051 is right. If China were to fire the first shot, the best we could do is actually move our navy there and surround the firing ship. If the ship keeps firing, then we can sink it and both Vietnam and China go back to quarelling. If the ship tried to run away, then we could immobilize them, capture the ship sailors and use them as chips to negotiate with China. Either way we should avoid war. Remember Vietnam should never be the one who go around and start war.

No one in East Asia wants war. Objectively and honestly, even in Japan the people are very divided with Abe and even the notion of 'collective self defense'. A lot of Japanese civilians are weary of getting entangled with wars. That is the truth.

The United States does not war either; i currently am in the US and have a lot of American friends as well as talked to many former vets from Iraq and one thing they relay to me in any conversation about battlefield experience is the notion of war weariness. Not to mention the economic toll that a war would have on the United States.

I've been to China many times; most for cultural and touristy stuff (LOL! ;)), and i've met many Chinese people and get a general feeling that overall Chinese are very warm and receptive. They are too busy trying to improve their way of life, family health etc. Like any other person. War is the last thing they (i assume) they want.

For the Philippines and Vietnam; i am sure that the majority of their civilians feel the same.

Nihonjin1051 is right. If China were to fire the first shot, the best we could do is actually move our navy there and surround the firing ship. If the ship keeps firing, then we can sink it and both Vietnam and China go back to quarelling. If the ship tried to run away, then we could immobilize them, capture the ship sailors and use them as chips to negotiate with China. Either way we should avoid war. Remember Vietnam should never be the one who go around and start war.
China navy wont let us to capture their ship , so the only choice for us is to sink it with anti-ship missile, and war will happen ... and Im sure that we will win coz China navy suck when we r expert in using missile to take down enemies's ship and air craft

We also can sink their merchant ships passing through the SCS(east sea) to make China economy collapse:cheers:

No one in East Asia wants war. Objectively and honestly, even in Japan the people are very divided with Abe and even the notion of 'collective self defense'. A lot of Japanese civilians are weary of getting entangled with wars. That is the truth.

The United States does not war either; i currently am in the US and have a lot of American friends as well as talked to many former vets from Iraq and one thing they relay to me in any conversation about battlefield experience is the notion of war weariness. Not to mention the economic toll that a war would have on the United States.

I've been to China many times; most for cultural and touristy stuff (LOL! ;)), and i've met many Chinese people and get a general feeling that overall Chinese are very warm and receptive. They are too busy trying to improve their way of life, family health etc. Like any other person. War is the last thing they (i assume) they want.

For the Philippines and Vietnam; i am sure that the majority of their civilians feel the same.
Most of VNese want war , my dad-my mom-my sister-my wife-my friends-my neighbours waiting for war now, maybe we get used to with war, so we never avoid any kind of war :P

Last edited:
China navy wont let us to capture their ship , so the only choice for us is to sink it with anti-ship missile, and war will happen ... and Im sure that we will win coz China navy suck when we r expert in using missile to take down enemies's ship and air craft

We also can sink their merchant ships passing through the SCS(east sea) to make China economy collapse:cheers:

Most of VNese want war , maybe we get used to with war, so we never avoid any kind of war :P

Do you really believe Vietnam could win a Naval conflict with China?

Have you compared the two Navies?

We can not take back our lost islands from China just by lip services. War will happen soon or later, and the whole East Asia-South east Asia will get in big trouble when war between China-VN happen in SCS(east sea) coz No ship can pass through the war zone , no merchants ships from Middle east and Africa can reach to China's land.

This war will drag the economy of all East Asia-South east Asia nations back to stone age , and it will make China economy collapse too . When China economy collapse, then thats the time to take back our lost islands from China :happy:
hmm,when the Chinese economic collapse,the world economy is not good to go_Other Vietnam can ready for from China‘s refugees?

Do you really believe Vietnam could win a Naval conflict with China?

Have you compared the two Navies?
We use anti-ship missile , dude , just like we fought against US navy- US air force with missile when our Mig, our warship couldnt match with them.

hmm,when the Chinese economic collapse,the world economy is not good to go_Other,Vietnam can ready for from China‘s refugees?
The World will happy to see China economy collapse, eight nations alliance can dominate and enslave weak China again :pop:

See, that's my point. Whenever Chinese (or for that matter, even Indian) leaders talk about economic reforms, they are asking for bringing the system closer to the free market, low regulations model prevalent in HK. World history (and common sense) tells us that HK's system can bring more prosperity to people than whatever India and China used to follow, or even follow now.

And population should only work in our favour, because with a large population, many things are possible that just ain't possible for a Singapore or even a Japan. (Bigger consumption based economy, bigger domestic market, better military strength...)

The USA has a massive population (third largest in the world), and they live in prosperity, following pretty much the same economic system that HK does. (Free markets, low regulations, low central or govt command and control etc.)

If sensible economic policies are followed, we could prosper, despite our large populations. That is why I have high hopes for India and China over the next few decades. In India's case, it remains to be seen whether the new govt will bring further much needed economic reforms and liberalization. All BJP supporters seem to think they will.

i disagree .. see friend ... a country has to look at it balance of payment too.

Hong Kong survives as a financial district .. Banks raise capital , stock markets, Trading port etc etc that is enough to sustain a population of 7 million

Same principle cannot be applied to India and China. We are a billion plus nation each. We need strong Manufacturing and service industry to survive. This isnt possible without a tax regime.

You cannot have a free market without strong domestic industry for which you have to either give concessions to domestic industry or have a closed market for couple of decades so that your foundations are strong.

i disagree .. see friend ... a country has to look at it balance of payment too.

Hong Kong survives as a financial district .. Banks raise capital , stock markets, Trading port etc etc that is enough to sustain a population of 7 million

Same principle cannot be applied to India and China. We are a billion plus nation each. We need strong Manufacturing and service industry to survive. This isnt possible without a tax regime.

You cannot have a free market without strong domestic industry for which you have to either give concessions to domestic industry or have a closed market for couple of decades so that your foundations are strong.

What about other manufacturing giants in the west that grew without any closed economic system?

Yes, it is true that India needs to increase manufacturing. But the thought process that we need a closed system to bring that about is flawed, and has been proven so by history. It was that thinking that made us close our markets and abolish all foreign products. What happened? Neither did Indian manufacturing flourish, nor did Indians get access to affordable manufactured goods. Manufactured goods became a priviledge of the rich. Since we opened up our markets, our manufacturing has only improved - although, not as much as needed. And the common person's purchasing power has grown by leaps and bounds.

Most of VNese want war , my dad-my mom-my sister-my wife-my friends-my neighbours waiting for war now, maybe we get used to with war, so we never avoid any kind of war :P
An ultra nationalist, aren't you? China sunk our fishing boat does not mean we are ok to sink their merchant ships. Don't go around destroying Vietnam image like that.

And don't make statement like "most VNese want war". We are ready for war, but never want it. You must get it right. Keep your head cool, don't fall for troll baits and provocations, use logic and reason to fight back. If you cannot do that, then I am sure there are more useful activities out there other than quarelling with Chinese members and threatening about war.

We use anti-ship missile , dude , just like we fought against US navy- US air force with missile when our Mig, our warship couldnt match with them.

The World will happy to see China economy collapse, eight nations alliance can dominate and enslave weak China again :pop:

No, this is not true. Japan and China are too intertwined economically. A destruction of China's industrial sector will damage Japan as well. We have over 4,000+ multi-billion dollar businesses invested and imbedded in China. And it is very difficult to divorce that. I'm talking about Zaibatsu's such as Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Toyota Heavy Industries, Toyota Motor Corporation, Honda, Nissan, Mitsui Heavy Industries, Sumitomo , Yasuda, Nomura, Okura , Riken, Nakajima , Suzuki Shoten etc....

So, a destruction of China's industry and economy would also affect Japan, severely.

Our game is an economic one.

Yes, that should be the main strategic game of the PRC, but the economists and civilian members of the CCP are now under pressure from the PLA generals and their buddies to use more force.

I'll tell you something that the PLA fans here won't like. Up until the 70s, the PLA was the main players inside the CCP. They were regarded as the vanguard and backbone of the PRC, like how the military is viewed in North Korea now. The opposing faction are the economic reformists who argue that a strong economy should be the vanguard and backbone of the PRC. However, this faction was accused as being reactionary, traitors of the revolution, western/CIA moles, etc. you know the history.

Deng, who was a economic reformist, figured that 1979 was the perfect time to expose and embarrass these PLA hawks. China's economy was already begining to open up in the 70s but there were still a lot of suspicions and obstacles from the PLA and the conservatives. So Deng let the PLA go all out in Vietnam in 1979 and leave it all to the PLA generals. It is a known fact that the VIet gained good experience fighting the US and were receiving good modern weapons (some even newer than PLA weapons) from the soviet, alot of which were seen transporting through the PRC. A failed operation against VN was possible. The outcome of the conflict would be a win-win for Deng and his faction. A victory means that the PRC acheived something that the US can't. But if they loose then it would mean Deng can silence the PLA generals/conservatives and get rid of the myth that only the PLA can be the vanguard and backbone of the PRC. The PLA failed and the PLA generals was embarrassed and silenced. It became more convincing that the PLA can no longer play the vanguard of the PRC and that a strong economy should play this role. Deng opened up the economy like never beofore and the rest is history.

Why am I telling you this? its because the PLA generals and their buddies are on the rise now and becoming more vocal again. Making a military strike is not desirable but I think making a quick and precise military operation is the best option right now. It also maybe create a win-win situation like before if you know what I mean.

I believe US will intervene in such scenario to which extent, is the question
I believe US will intervene in such scenario; to which extent, is the question.

The US will come to the direct and instant aid of only a select few countries if it involves another nuclear power. The rest of the world should feel better because of that. (All humans die after a full exchange).

China has no ill-will towards the US. Their economy is intertwined with us. They respect and imitate our military openly.

The reason you see a few Chinese neo-nationalists on PDF who talk about war with the US, is because they are frustrated. America is preventing China from accomplishing the two goals it really cares about: Annexing Taiwan, and healing a deep wound to their national pride by getting revenge for Japan's heinous occupation last century.

China is not modernizing their armed forces so they can pick on Vietnamese or Philipinos. If they stormed Manila, it would reveal intentions to mimic Imperial Japan. The US would not defend the Philippines with troops, but at that point congress would authorize the sale of almost any weapons system to most buyers in the region.

The last thing they want are the real prizes becoming stronger.

Why am I telling you this? its because the PLA generals and their buddies are on the rise now and becoming more vocal again. Making a military strike is not desirable but I think making a quick and precise military operation is the best option right now. It also maybe create a win-win situation like before if you know what I mean.

First of all, the military should not decide geopolicy. Please, please , please learn from history. Japan paid dearly for this foolishness in the past. When the militarists in Japan took over the government and imposed very myopic views and supported a pro-military policy, this doomed millions of innocent japanese. it destroyed our hard-earned naval forced (one that was built upon since the meiji era).

Control the military. The military should be a hand of government; not controlling or dictating national policy.

The US will come to the direct and instant aid of only a select few countries if it involves another nuclear power. The rest of the world should feel better because of that. (All humans die after a full exchange).

China has no ill-will towards the US. Their economy is intertwined with us. They respect and imitate our military openly.

The reason you see a few Chinese neo-nationalists on PDF who talk about war with the US, is because they are frustrated. America is preventing China from accomplishing the two goals it really cares about: Annexing Taiwan, and healing a deep wound to their national pride by getting revenge for Japan's heinous occupation last century.

China is not modernizing their armed forces so they can pick on Vietnamese or Philipinos. If they stormed Manila, it would reveal intentions to mimic Imperial Japan. The US would not defend the Philippines with troops, but at that point congress would authorize the sale of almost any weapons system to most buyers in the region.

The last thing they want are the real prizes becoming stronger.
Very good, sir.

Back
Top Bottom