What's new

China Needs to Make a Military Strike Now - My Personal Assessment

The mighty Vietnam is ready for fight. They trvelled more than 150 miles to the place to swap ships of China where Our Zhongjian island is just nearby.
They claim that they had defeat USA, France, Jappan and China. Maybe they also caused Soviet Union collapsed who knows. How dare you to fight the strongest country on earth?! It's crazy, man!

A country who uses the human-wave method, against one that uses the human-wave combined with guerilla/asymmetrical tactics does not sound like a quick or easy war.

I just hope OP holds no position of power in the Chinese military because that would pretty much be the silliest thing China could do. Nobody in Asia is going to out-compete China in an arms race because China has the largest cash reserves, the largest industrial base, by far, and now have technological expertise approaching the best the West has to offer. I think China would gladly invite their Asian rivals into an arms race as it would distract them from more important things, namely their economy. China can develop new and increasingly sophisticated weapons in far larger quantities than any Asian rival could, including Japan, who will depend on Western military suppliers and be at the mercy of their inflated pricing and tardy delivery timescales.

China just needs to steadily expand and diversify (improve quality) their economy and the military prowess will follow naturally over time. Time is on China's side. Let desperate USA or their lapdogs take a chance and do something foolish.

No war, maybe skirmish. China dont need land of other country‘s we just defend ourselves and also Chinese people dont like bananas. Just save it. I hope our ships can stand for first wave of human wave attack from Vietnamese. Good luck for those cargo ships.

I think u might know her, a beautiful Chinese talented girl, good at drawing anime.
Her Chinese name is 夏达, now she is developing in Japan Anime. U can google her in Japan.

20120507102049_RT8uQ.jpeg

64874071.jpg

Only bad thing, she is a 33age lady ...:coffee:
:o::o::o::o::o:
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot: i dont believe it,,,,,,,,,,,she hardly looks 16
@Nihonjin1051
waiting for D THREAD....

My mistake.

I agree on that. From the first place Vietnamese citizens do not lose much when China first took control of the island. T
However the rig stirs things up as China place a no fishing zone around the rig for Vietnam ==> No place to fish for Vietnam ==> Vietnam civilians lose something here ==> The crowd is angry and want the govt to do something.
The tension is not about the island anymore but about the water around them.

Its ok man we still have a lot US old equipment personally i love US equipment but our budget is focus on Education and health care the military is below the list and it has to share its budget with 4 branches of services of our military but thanks to some great deals we got under President Aquino we manage to make due and make the best of our migger budget just our for Arcipelagic minimum defense doctrine it takes longer but its assured.

I just hope OP holds no position of power in the Chinese military because that would pretty much be the silliest thing China could do. Nobody in Asia is going to out-compete China in an arms race because China has the largest cash reserves, the largest industrial base, by far, and now have technological expertise approaching the best the West has to offer. I think China would gladly invite their Asian rivals into an arms race as it would distract them from more important things, namely their economy. China can develop new and increasingly sophisticated weapons in far larger quantities than any Asian rival could, including Japan, who will depend on Western military suppliers and be at the mercy of their inflated pricing and tardy delivery timescales.

Instead of going into an arm race which has no prospect of winning, they will try to hitch a free ride off Uncle Sam.

Wow running out lies there always sticking to the old cold war commie propaganda of western dominated former colonies crap we all know and love. Jesus you godless and illogical reds are all the same the local maoist cult nut cases here and you guys beside its your fault your the guys causing all the hell here if you just stayed in your side of the world non of this would happen but know you have to be greedy and take and build islands on rocks to claim its yours which is a violation of the code of conduct that all claimnates agreed to which china is a big violator of! Only the Philippines is totally enforce it the rest is just violating the crap out of it building islands foritifying etc. And to make matters worse china nows steal resources 10 miles near Palawan and clearly inside the Philippines wow and you people have the nerve to call us theifts and this goes for your taiwanese brothers too.

Do the young Chinese even realize why there are US troops in Japan? Do they know about the Burma road? Or the Flying Tigers?

Flying Tigers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or how China would help US airmen who bombed Japan, but didn't have enough fuel to return so had to crash-land in China? Yes we have had low points in the relationship, but I find the anti-US rhetoric by some quite puzzling.

If you take all this into account, the best option for China is to make a quick and effective military strike against Vietnam to take back all the occupied Islands, destroy their airforce and naval assests and facilities. No need to occupy or enter their country. Here are the reasons why this is the best option and needs to happen now:

-this post is getting too long and I need to go.

Anyone who considers this as a viable option needs an urgent visit to a shrink.

Good, we like the status quo too, US-Russia-India-Japan-France-SK r helping VN to get rich now, and if we make more trouble with China, US may transfer more technology to us .

We r happy to get rich when siting and watch China economy falling day by day :laugh:

Yeah, u can laugh more bcz its still not happen yet, but it surely will happen to China coz VN -Phil will get stronger and we will take a revenge to China . :pop:

Get rich for 20 years then ... BOOM! Hanoi nuked, 50% of your population killed when you decide you're "strong" enough to attack China.

If China fire the first shot to VN ships, then war will happen. Why can not we ?? We even defeated enemies that far stronger than China

No, you haven't. You're a fundamentally weak people who have lost miserably to every invader that wasn't bogged down by disease and terrain. If China wanted to destroy you they could in the blink of an eye. Be glad you're dealing with them and not the French or Americans.

Get rich for 20 years then ... BOOM! Hanoi nuked, 50% of your population killed when you decide you're "strong" enough to attack China.

No one is going to nuke anyone else, but those who are willingly used by major powers as proxy will inevitably find themselve at the short end of the stick.

A country who uses the human-wave method, against one that uses the human-wave combined with guerilla/asymmetrical tactics does not sound like a quick or easy war.

There are no land border disputes, only sea-based disputes. So no chance for ground war, any conflict will be a Naval conflict, backed up with Air force and missile inventories.

There are no land border disputes, only sea-based disputes. So no chance for ground war, any conflict will be a Naval conflict, backed up with Air force and missile inventories.

Agreed, by why should China wish for this? Won't China eventually have to face the same area denial weapons that it has developed against the US Navy?

Agreed, by why should China wish for this? Won't China eventually have to face the same area denial weapons that it has developed against the US Navy?

We don't wish for war. Our policy is "China's peaceful rise".

But if they strike first, we obviously have no option but to respond with overwhelming force.

We have the world's largest inventory of substrategic (non-nuclear) missiles, and the world's largest manufacturing base. We can pump out endless numbers of missiles, and can sustain it endlessly.

And we have $4 trillion in currency reserves, more than the rest of the world combined. They simply cannot sustain a war against us, and we are not stupid to try and occupy their country in a land war.

I don't think they are stupid enough to make a first strike against us. So we will have peace.

Back
Top Bottom