What's new

China narrows technology gap with US

China is now where US was in the 60s. So are you looking at it in terms of 60s dollar?

What? :hitwall:

You do not know what you are talking about. Yes in some military fields China may be behind USA, but in economic and political affairs China is getting ahead of USA.

Brother, you are one of us. :china:

What? :hitwall:

You do not know what you are talking about. Yes in some military fields China may be behind USA, but in economic and political affairs China is getting ahead of USA.

Brother, you are one of us. :china:

All I'm saying is that to measure how much it cost to send a man to space, we need to use 1960s dollar as that is when US first send man to space.

The cynical one-liner reminds me about the Japanese catching up in the early 80s with the West. One such classic example is when the Japanese auto mobile industry was producing cars that were supposedly below par and not suitable for the Western markets. The Japanese too were accused of copying the West. Everything made in Japan was scrutinised on a microscopic level in the West. Of course, we all know that the accusations and criticism stemmed from arrogance and bigotry. In reality, the West felt threatened by Japan even though when they were catching up. The West knew that sooner rather than later the Japanese would be transformed into a prosperous high tech hub. Just look at where Japan today stands, a tiny island that is the biggest car producer in the world and delivers top notch quality in almost every sector.

China is no exception. China is undergoing the same phase. In fact, China will surpass the Japanese and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict this. The major difference is that China has resources in abundance which the Japanese didn't have. China is the next superpower in the making and they are catching up lightning fast. The defence industry is just one sector. China will become a major factor on every front. We haven't even yet witnessed half of the potential. Only a matter of time before the dragon fully unleashes its potential. :china:

It is not the case Japanse products were lot of quality even in 80's. I am not sure about in pakistan.

Chinese goods are synonym for cheap quality. Most of chinese good are manufactured by western license OEM.

I have visited lot of countries, but I have not seen single chinese branded store in any big shopping mall or airports.

It is not the case Japanse products were lot of quality even in 80's. I am not sure about in pakistan.

Chinese goods are synonym for cheap quality. Most of chinese good are manufactured by western license OEM.

I have visited lot of countries, but I have not seen single chinese branded store in any big shopping mall or airports.

=======================================
there are many indian dogs (no human)use chinese goods,aren't they?

Could you tell me why indian's dogs increase too quicklly?:D

=======================================
there are many indian dogs (no human)use chinese goods,aren't they?

Could you tell me why indian's dogs increase too quicklly?:D

don't bring your knife into the gun fight. You guys even eat dogs also. What a pathetic creature. BTW indian's don't eat dogs.

Super X-ray machine, boon for science, gets OK
English.news.cn 2010-01-20 11:04:14 FeedbackPrintRSS

BEIJING, Jan. 20 -- A machine that can create super X-rays capable of exposing the complicated structures of chemical compounds and proteins passed the inspection of experts from the Chinese Academy of Sciences yesterday and began to be put into public use.

The Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility, or SSRF, is expected to greatly boost China's competitiveness in life sciences - and, in particular, medical research, said officials from the Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the facility's key developer.

Officials said the facility, which has been in trial use since last May, is the nation's biggest platform for scientific research and technological development.

The machine already has been used in 395 high-tech projects, including projects to study the inner structure of cancerous cells and the development of cerebrovascular diseases.

"Such research will help find more efficient ways for early diagnosis of tumors," said Xu Hongjie, general manager of the SSRF project.

Officials said researches and projects completed in the trail run have already had significant results.

Scientists from the Chinese Academy of Sciences have used the machine to identify the respiratory system of locusts.

Their illustrations have won great international acclaim for progress in the life sciences.

Scientists also have discovered new crystal structures of a chemical compound and were using the machine to develop new anti-cancer drugs.

More than 1,000 scientists and engineers from 101 institutions, including universities, research institutes and hospitals, applied for 582 projects to be processed with the facility by December.

Those projects cover more than 10 academic fields, ranging from life sciences and chemistry to geoarcheology.

The 1.4 billion yuan (205 million U.S. dollars) facility is located at Zhangjiang High-Tech Park in Pudong.

After 10 years of planning and another five years of construction, the project was completed on April 29.

The project encompasses seven beam lines and experimental stations, which enable hundreds of scientists and engineers to perform simultaneous experiments.

It uses state-of-the-art "synchrotrons radiation" technology to create the super beams by accelerating electric particles, whose brightness is hundreds of millions of times greater than a normal X-ray.

(Source: Shanghai Daily)

Japan was known for copying American products in the 60s and building inferior products. The same can be said of Taiwan in the 80s and China now. But to build good stuff, it need to start with no as good stuff and go from there. Unless China has zero to minimum engineering and production ability, then I would suggest that they don't waste money on doing something beyond what they can do. But that is not the case with China now.

don't bring your knife into the gun fight. You guys even eat dogs also. What a pathetic creature. BTW indian's don't eat dogs.

Now, now that's not nice. If we go by that logic, Indians eat Rats, Australians eat Koalas, Kangaroos and Aligators. It's a natural part of the food web of nature. What's unnatural is how humans have removed themselves to prevent us from being eaten by other carnivores! Now this is unnatural!

:)

Japan was known for copying American products in the 60s and building inferior products. The same can be said of Taiwan in the 80s and China now. But to build good stuff, it need to start with no as good stuff and go from there. Unless China has zero to minimum engineering and production ability, then I would suggest that they don't waste money on doing something beyond what they can do. But that is not the case with China now.

Brand building/quality takes time and expensive. It is not like employing x more number of people to it. By the time US and other developed companies start to manufacture in other countries where they get good deal. Japanse were tried to develop brands along with their mass manufacture. BTW USA gave lot of support and market access.

Now, now that's not nice. If we go by that logic, Indians eat Rats, Australians eat Koalas, Kangaroos and Aligators. It's a natural part of the food web of nature. What's unnatural is how humans have removed themselves to prevent us from being eaten by other carnivores! Now this is unnatural!

Hey SIF, sorry if it hurts you. It is not to you. That guy keep on saying Indians as a dog. It is not acceptable you know.

Since when?? :blink:

Hey SIF, sorry if it hurts you. It is not to you. That guy keep on saying Indians as a dog. It is not acceptable you know.

Yes, here I support you. Someone said Chinese only produce junk and no human would use Chinese stuff, so someone else said that since GOI is ordering it and if humans aren't using it then it must be dogs.

So both side was making fun. But a joke retold too many times loses its humour.

Let's not talk about who eats what. Not all people from a country eat the same thing. Not all australians eat koalas, kangaroos and aligators. Not all chinese eat dogs. Not all indians eat rats.

Muslim don't eat pork --> but rest of world do.

Hindus don't eat beef --> but rest of world do.

Vegetarians don't eat meat --> but rest of world do.

And everything else tastes like chicken!:woot:

We eat to sustain ourselves and because it taste good. It would be impossible to force the entire world to be vegetarian. Some people don't drink alcohol but some people cannot go without it. Let's be more understanding of other people, okay.:cheers:

Why when people talk about the rise of china do they always talk about it's military and how the U.S is gonna be weaker? What are you trying to imply? That china is going to invade the U.S?

China is only making people in the world nervous by building up it's military like it is. It's like they are planning an invasion. I wouldn't be surprised if when china got stronger then the U.S they just started invading everywhere.

The chinese are so untrustworthy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom