What's new

Chennai police to hotels: Ban Lankans

Even if Sri Lanka did (which they didn't, they just rooted out the state sponsored, Indian trained suicide bombing terrorists) commit a suicide against the Tamils, the situation would be analogous to hotel security in the US/Europe banning entry to German citizens, for what Hitler did in the World War 2. How can anyone stoop so low? If Indian travelers visit Pakistan, they are not denied entry at Pakistani hotels just because they are Indian. Pathetic!

If India carries out a large scale elimination of Muslims and delegate them to 2nd class citizens, will Indians still be welcome in Pakistan....Hell No. We will not be welcome in almost every country including Muslim countries.

India has different law in different parts? I didn't know about it.

Law? If someone refuses to provide you certain service, what do you think law will do? Yes, no need to gloss over what happened to Tamils in Sri Lanka. Good thing for you guys is that most Indians are not Tamil and don't give a crap about Singhla-Tamil fight or lack thereof. But if you are intentionally traveling to Tamilnadu, aren't you looking for trouble?

The GDP per capita of Sri Lankans is over 3 times that of India.

You should be more concerned with those Tamils dying of starvation in India, than with Sri Lanka.
Your fascination being limited to gdp and iq is strange. Is that why hans pillage uighurs? Because their income is low and their iq lower? Is that the reason that you brain adjudged to it? What about the tibetans? Is that the same reason or different? Give this issue a break. There are personal relationships involved here and considering your communist party conditioning i do not expect you to understand it but will be nice if you try to empathize. best not to rant the standard stuff here else when i bring up issues and come after you then it will be difficult. I think that we have crossed paths before and we both would have learned not to pickle into everything indian with some sort of gdp and iq rant.

Your fascination being limited to gdp and iq is strange. Is that why hans pillage uighurs? Because their income is low and their iq lower? Is that the reason that you brain adjudged to it? What about the tibetans? Is that the same reason or different? Give this issue a break. There are personal relationships involved here and considering your communist party conditioning i do not expect you to understand it but will be nice if you try to empathize. best not to rant the standard stuff here else when i bring up issues and come after you then it will be difficult. I think that we have crossed paths before and we both would have learned not to pickle into everything indian with some sort of gdp and iq rant.

He is compensating...I feel bad for him. I guess he missed his boat for US.

So what do you advocate, let the Center(Congress) Do the dirty politics and we keep mum when my brothers and sisters are slaughtered and raped and that is telecast in C4 news. When i saw that footage, I wanted to kill Rajapakseha and his associates in a open road with no mercy,
Did the SL civilians kill the Tamilians?

You are speaking very ideal, What if the migrated SL Tamil whose kin or kid was once raped/killed by a SL in the past... If they see a SL, Do you expect them to treat with respect.... Buddy I have SL Tamil friends who explained the atrocities done by the Sinhalese majority before the terrorist uprising.

Good for SL the terrorism is gone.. Now why cant SL can pass a law which have equal rights to Tamils? Let the Tamils live peacefully and let SL Navy stop troubling the TN Fishermen.... Time will heal all wounds.

Tamils are hurt to a larger or lesser degree... Let SL prove their seriousness... and let them send the tourists next... Afterall Tamils are also humans!

I'm a realist. All the remarks that Tamilians make about the Sinhalese population mistreating the Tamils there is what Pakistan blames Indian Hindus of doing to the Muslims. Wake up and realise the truth. If we don't we are no better than hypocrites.

This is done due to safety as police can't control whole Tamil Nadu. All Tamil Nadu people have seen the C-4 Genocide against Sri Lankan Tamilans how brutally they were killed/raped.. It's better Sri Lankan should not come to India. They should visit to their friendly countries like Pakistan/China.

:) LTTE supporters in TN poking their nose in Sri Lankan affairs. Are these Sri Lankan Tamils, Indian citizens ????

Did the SL civilians kill the Tamilians?

I'm a realist. All the remarks that Tamilians make about the Sinhalese population mistreating the Tamils there is what Pakistan blames Indian Hindus of doing to the Muslims. Wake up and realise the truth. If we don't we are no better than hypocrites.

SL Buddhist monks are considered to be aggressively anti Tamil. They are not normal SL citizens. So if they visit Tamil Nadu for religious purpose, that is inviting trouble. Tamil Nadu is no where in the Buddhist circuit. When Jayalalitha is raking up this issue for political reasons, it is best to avoid TN.

By the way, you comparing SL Tamil issue with Indian muslims is pathetic! Try to read more about the issue before making judgments.

SL Buddhist monks are considered to be aggressively anti Tamil. They are not normal SL citizens. So if they visit Tamil Nadu for religious purpose, that is inviting trouble. Tamil Nadu is no where in the Buddhist circuit. When Jayalalitha is raking up this issue for political reasons, it is best to avoid TN.

By the way, you comparing SL Tamil issue with Indian muslims is pathetic! Try to read more about the issue before making judgments.

Considered by whom? They are monks!!! If they made some remarks in Chennai against Tamils that would've been another issue.

BTW My comparison with Indian muslims if on a simple fact. One community (Tamil/Pakistani muslims) seeing photos and videos of killings of citizens of another country who they believe to be part of their own community, without any point of reference whatsoever. It is exactly the same. Wake up and smell the roses.

Considered by whom? They are monks!!! If they made some remarks in Chennai against Tamils that would've been another issue.

BTW My comparison with Indian muslims if on a simple fact. One community (Tamil/Pakistani muslims) seeing photos and videos of killings of citizens of another country who they believe to be part of their own community, without any point of reference whatsoever. It is exactly the same. Wake up and smell the roses.

As I have said before, educate yourself about the problem and how it started before posting about it. It just shows how rest of India don't care about what happened in SL .

As I have said before, educate yourself about the problem and how it started before posting about it. It just shows how rest of India don't care about what happened in SL .

You are right.Only Tamilians do.
BTW have you ever been to SL?

Envoy expresses concern over Chennai attack

TUESDAY, 09 AUGUST 2011 02:30
Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner V. Krishnamoorthy said yesterday he expressed his concerns to the Tamil Nadu Police about the recent attack on 74 Sri Lankan pilgrims.

Three pilgrims were injured in the attack, which was alleged to have been carried out by a pro LTTE group last Thursday.

“I did not protest but expressed my concern about what happened in a diplomatic manner,” Mr. Krishnamoorthy said and added that he had also informed the Sri Lankan Foreign Ministry.

He said he spoke to Egmore police officials in Chennai and they had assured the safety of Sri Lankan pilgrims.

They had informed Mr. Krishnamoorthy that they had not asked any of the hotels to keep away Sri Lankan guests as reported in some of the Indian media.

At present some 1,000 Sri Lankan tourists are in Chennai and some 300 pilgrims in the Egmore Mahabodhi Centre. Mr. Krishamoorthy said the police were providing them security.

He said he was in touch with the Mahabodhi Centre’s Ven. Kalawane Mahanama Thera who had informed him that the Sri Lankan pilgrims at the centre were safe. (YP)

Envoy expresses concern over Chennai attack | Breaking News

--------------------

Our Deputy High Commissioner is a Tamil, hope he will handle the situation in there.

I've been asking myself the same question.

But why this strong vote bank politics on basis of ethnicity with another country? dont you think more extreme support is going to harm TN itself in the long run ? those sentiments of Greater this and that land are always destructive

You are right.Only Tamilians do.
BTW have you ever been to SL?

I have relatives, friends living there. They live mostly in Colombo, insulated from the misery in the north. Most of the Sri Lankan Tamils have great affection for their country but they all have relatives or friends who have been affected by the war and the scar is still afresh. They are very happy that LTTE is gone but are still unsure what their stake will be in the future of their nation.

Except for some politicians with vested interest, people of Tamil Nadu have nothing against the Sinhalese. Attack on the monks was regrettable.

I have relatives, friends living there. They live mostly in Colombo, insulated from the misery in the north. Most of the Sri Lankan Tamils have great affection for their country but they all have relatives or friends who have been affected by the war and the scar is still afresh. They are very happy that LTTE is gone but are still unsure what their stake will be in the future of their nation.

Except for some politicians with vested interest, people of Tamil Nadu have nothing against the Sinhalese. Attack on the monks was regrettable.

Trust me, when I went down to SL I did with some SL Tamilian friends who were studying in LIBA Chennai. Like you said for them the affected areas are quite alien and the feeling I got was that the rest of SL is like a Maharshtra or a Karnataka and the affected areas are like the Red Corridor. Since the population there is a Tamil majority and politicians are Sinhalese there is obvious tensions. I never condoned what the Army did to civilians there and am with you to get the culprits of that to book.
But civilians in our country should know better than to behave how they did and the Govt. should've acted more rationally.It makes us all look like a bunch of savages. The Tamil vote bank in Chennai will laud this move and garner votes for them but on an international scale, the damage to India's credibility is huge.

Back
Top Bottom