What's new

Chennai police to hotels: Ban Lankans

But why this strong vote bank politics on basis of ethnicity with another country? dont you think more extreme support is going to harm TN itself in the long run ? those sentiments of Greater this and that land are always destructive

TN is an enigma. Most people do not speak Hindi there and do not like to accept outsiders. Tamilians have a rich heritage and are a proud people but the culture is extremely different as compared to rest of India. Even politics is extremely different. Only 2 parties shuffle for power there (DMK and AIDMK) and they keep relying on the Tamil card.

TN is an enigma. Most people do not speak Hindi there and do not like to accept outsiders. Tamilians have a rich heritage and are a proud people but the culture is extremely different as compared to rest of India. Even politics is extremely different. Only 2 parties shuffle for power there (DMK and AIDMK) and they keep relying on the Tamil card.

Who said that?

The Hindu : NATIONAL / TAMIL NADU : How north-eastern people feel at home in Chennai

Even Bollywood actress what to act their first film in kollywood LOL

Who said that?

The Hindu : NATIONAL / TAMIL NADU : How north-eastern people feel at home in Chennai

Even Bollywood actress what to act their first film in kollywood LOL

LOL...don't deny the actress point. People there want Manly, hairy actors with a mustache and a really fair petite woman. Fairness is in short supply down south.
I did see a lot of North Easterners, Tibetians and Burmese in Chennai. But they are all classified in the same bracket in Chennai,but you are right they seem comfortable there. I am a South India (Manglorean) born and brought up in Mumbai. I was classified as a North Indian and always had to pay Rs.30 more to Rickshaws or sit in a meeting with people only discussing in Tamil, or hear how all of civilization came from Tamilians :D. I was more comfortable and at home in Germany dude. But they do make really good and close friends.

Trust me, when I went down to SL I did with some SL Tamilian friends who were studying in LIBA Chennai. Like you said for them the affected areas are quite alien and the feeling I got was that the rest of SL is like a Maharshtra or a Karnataka and the affected areas are like the Red Corridor. Since the population there is a Tamil majority and politicians are Sinhalese there is obvious tensions. I never condoned what the Army did to civilians there and am with you to get the culprits of that to book.
But civilians in our country should know better than to behave how they did and the Govt. should've acted more rationally.It makes us all look like a bunch of savages. The Tamil vote bank in Chennai will laud this move and garner votes for them but on an international scale, the damage to India's credibility is huge.

That's not true. Tamils on the street do notreally care about what is going on in SL. People have lost interest in ethno linguistic politics in TN. The only ones keeping it alive are the politicians and the Tamil movie industry. I am sure that too will go very soon.

That's not true. Tamils on the street do notreally care about what is going on in SL. People have lost interest in ethno linguistic politics in TN. The only ones keeping it alive are the politicians and the Tamil movie industry. I am sure that too will go very soon.

Hmm..you're point is true for people of our generation.I guess that's why the free TV's and Laptop schemes have started coming up so frequently. But the previous one seems to be still stuck in Limbo.

LOL...don't deny the actress point. People there want Manly, hairy actors with a mustache and a really fair petite woman. Fairness is in short supply down south.
I did see a lot of North Easterners, Tibetians and Burmese in Chennai. But they are all classified in the same bracket in Chennai,but you are right they seem comfortable there. I am a South India (Manglorean) born and brought up in Mumbai. I was classified as a North Indian and always had to pay Rs.30 more to Rickshaws or sit in a meeting with people only discussing in Tamil, or hear how all of civilization came from Tamilians :D. I was more comfortable and at home in Germany dude. But they do make really good and close friends.

Tamils are annoying when they talk about their "great civilization" because that's what we are fed through our literature and politics. But Tamils are always welcoming to outsiders. As far as autorickshaw drivers are concerned, it doesn't matter if you are Tamil or not. If you cannot bargain, they will screw you.

India is a multi ethnic country and some of the ethnic groups have emotional bonds with countries in the neighbourhood.

These ethnic ties are historical and ancient.

While accepting the political divide as inevitable and irrevocable, the emotional ties continue to remain in the background.

It is like the Pashtuns, who though are politically divided that is irrevocable, yet continue to maintain ties with each other.

Likewise, it is not unusual to find Muslim communities of India and Pakistan (especially the Mohajirs) marrying across the border and maintain ties with each other, notwithstanding the political divide of history.

For instance, a Karachi Pakistani girl marrying an Indian in, say Hyderabad, would naturally be concerned with the problems that are happening in Karachi.

If India carries out a large scale elimination of Muslims and delegate them to 2nd class citizens, will Indians still be welcome in Pakistan....Hell No. We will not be welcome in almost every country including Muslim countries.

There was large scale elimination of Indian Muslims in Gujarat, Ayodhya, Bhagalpur & other incidences in the past, but Pakistan has not reacted the same way the Chennai police have.

I did see a lot of North Easterners, Tibetians and Burmese in Chennai. But they are all classified in the same bracket in Chennai,but you are right they seem comfortable there. I am a South India (Manglorean) born and brought up in Mumbai. I was classified as a North Indian and always had to pay Rs.30 more to Rickshaws or sit in a meeting with people only discussing in Tamil, or hear how all of civilization came from Tamilians . I was more comfortable and at home in Germany dude. But they do make really good and close friends.
Totally contradicting..... Leave the film industry the people in Tamilnadu accept anyone. Comparing politics is not fair as well.
And about the thread this is totally rubbish.... one of my friend is in Chennai right now. There is no directive from Police as of yet.
Total Propaganda.

There was large scale elimination of Indian Muslims in Gujarat, Ayodhya, Bhagalpur & other incidences in the past, but Pakistan has not reacted the same way the Chennai police have.
Grow up , U dont even know where chennai it seems.

India is a multi ethnic country and some of the ethnic groups have emotional bonds with countries in the neighbourhood.

These ethnic ties are historical and ancient.

While accepting the political divide as inevitable and irrevocable, the emotional ties continue to remain in the background.
That is where the Politians scored and people suffered.

You don't see millions of Indian muslims living as refugees around the world like the Lankan Tamils. There is a reason the SL Tamils left their life and property and sought refuge in other countries.

Yeah thats why their population is increasing in India.

Did the SL civilians kill the Tamilians?
Thats the reason I told I want to show no mercy to Rajapakshe and his associates, I did not say that I want to hurt the civilians. I know that one day or the other, the truth will be exposed and the SL Civilians will be ashamed of their elected officials for the brutaility shown to its on Tamil Civilians

:) LTTE supporters in TN poking their nose in Sri Lankan affairs. Are these Sri Lankan Tamils, Indian citizens ????

why the crap? then if Muslims killed in Gujarath riot is disturbing Pakistanis? is it not that you have a emotional attachment to your kins in India. Its the same for Tamils. So if you are not aware of the problem in SL, then keep out of such topics rather than blindly supporting SL as she is your nations all weather friend

Back
Top Bottom