What's new

Chennai police to hotels: Ban Lankans

But why this strong vote bank politics on basis of ethnicity with another country? dont you think more extreme support is going to harm TN itself in the long run ? those sentiments of Greater this and that land are always destructive

worry about your countries situation. We know better to run our homes. We are Tamils, but we stand united with the rest of India in the name of Indians and nothing is going to change us not now of in a next thousand years.

Thats the reason I told I want to show no mercy to Rajapakshe and his associates, I did not say that I want to hurt the civilians. I know that one day or the other, the truth will be exposed and the SL Civilians will be ashamed of their elected officials for the brutaility shown to its on Tamil Civilians
Read POST #135.I don't condone the atrocities either. But that's not an excuse for the goons to beat up the monks and for police to ban them fromhotels. I'm with you on getting the officials involved to book, but don't condone the behavior of Chennai.

why the crap? then if Muslims killed in Gujarath riot is disturbing Pakistanis? is it not that you have a emotional attachment to your kins in India. Its the same for Tamils. So if you are not aware of the problem in SL, then keep out of such topics rather than blindly supporting SL as she is your nations all weather friend

Refer to post #129 AND #135. We are seriously being hypocrites in this issue. I know a lot of people feel strongly on this issue. But stand back and look at how our behavior is from a third party perspective.

Trust me, when I went down to SL I did with some SL Tamilian friends who were studying in LIBA Chennai. Like you said for them the affected areas are quite alien and the feeling I got was that the rest of SL is like a Maharshtra or a Karnataka and the affected areas are like the Red Corridor. Since the population there is a Tamil majority and politicians are Sinhalese there is obvious tensions. I never condoned what the Army did to civilians there and am with you to get the culprits of that to book.
But civilians in our country should know better than to behave how they did and the Govt. should've acted more rationally.It makes us all look like a bunch of savages. The Tamil vote bank in Chennai will laud this move and garner votes for them but on an international scale, the damage to India's credibility is huge.

When SL enjoys all the credibility after the World is exposed of the attrocities they have done to the Tamil civilians. We need not worry about the small scale aggitations that happens againt the SL tuorist in TN, that is not going to tarnish the Indian Image, and you have to realize that MOB's don't have brains, what they feel and act is due to emotions running high and you cannot question the Tamils doing so.
was this so different that the Gujarat Riot was by rational people, when they heared that a Boogi full of Hindus were burnt alive, did the MOB question or act emotionally. Its same here in TN tooo.

Thats the reason I told I want to show no mercy to Rajapakshe and his associates, I did not say that I want to hurt the civilians. I know that one day or the other, the truth will be exposed and the SL Civilians will be ashamed of their elected officials for the brutaility shown to its on Tamil Civilians

When SL enjoys all the credibility after the World is exposed of the attrocities they have done to the Tamil civilians. We need not worry about the small scale aggitations that happens againt the SL tuorist in TN, that is not going to tarnish the Indian Image, and you have to realize that MOB's don't have brains, what they feel and act is due to emotions running high and you cannot question the Tamils doing so.
was this so different that the Gujarat Riot was by rational people, when they heared that a Boogi full of Hindus were burnt alive, did the MOB question or act emotionally. Its same here in TN tooo.

I get where you are coming from with relation to Mob mentality.It's the attitude of the police that bothers me. We can write off the goons. But when govt.authorities do stuff like this, it's never good for the nation. Every time we talk about Indian tolerance, someone's gonna dig this stuff up.

I get where you are coming from with relation to Mob mentality.It's the attitude of the police that bothers me. We can write off the goons. But when govt.authorities do stuff like this, it's never good for the nation. Every time we talk about Indian tolerance, someone's gonna dig this stuff up.

You are not getting the point here brother, the problem is that these MONKS knew that Tamils are having trouble receving them. yet they are comming here, We are not sure if POLICE had issued such a instruction to the MOTELS, if they have that is to discourage SL people enetering TN for a while so that after some time when everything settles down well in SL and Tamils in SL are given what they were denied for so long then they can come and they can have the same GUEST treatment as the rest of the world when they set foot in TN. Until then they sould not come here and complain that Tamils are the TN Polic is not helping them in getting Motels.

And referring to your comment on MOB mentality, I am not getting what you are saying, so kindly enlighten me

What I see on the news TN politicians promote racism.
I have seen protest with Tamil Tiger flags in TN, as far as I know LTTE is banned terrorist organization in India. It seems Indian government can't control TN or they have different laws. When Tamil Tigers kidnapping children from those families where were those TN politicians and TN people?

If TN people want to support Sri Lankan Tamils then why they tell Indian government to impose economic sanctions against us? isn't that effects to Tamils here?
My main question If TN people want to support Tamils in here why they support to a terrorist organization? There are many political parties here you can give support to them right?

Read POST #135.I don't condone the atrocities either. But that's not an excuse for the goons to beat up the monks and for police to ban them fromhotels. I'm with you on getting the officials involved to book, but don't condone the behavior of Chennai.

Refer to post #129 AND #135. We are seriously being hypocrites in this issue. I know a lot of people feel strongly on this issue. But stand back and look at how our behavior is from a third party perspective.

Buudy the world is a cruel place to live, I was and am a peace loving person, but look around, where is the honor in living as Humans, when we just stand by and watch the attrocities arround us. when we are exploited by the power hungry people. we have to stand up and fight for what rightfully belongs to us. or else we prerish with out a trace. I believe in the Gandhian way when deeling with people who have Humanity, but Netaji's way suits more in this world in the present condition

What I see on the news TN politicians promote racism.
I have seen protest with Tamil Tiger flags in TN, as far as I know LTTE is banned terrorist organization. It seems Indian government can't control TN or they have different laws. When Tamil Tigers kidnapping children from those families where were those TN politicians and TN people?

If TN people want to support Sri Lankan Tamils then why they tell Indian government to impose economic sanctions against us? isn't that effects to Tamils here?
My main question If TN people want to support Tamils in here why they support to a terrorist organization? There are many political parties here you can give them support to them right?

was this Freedom fighting organization fueled by your Government in the 1960's by deniying them rights or is it Tamils in TN the cause. Accept that it was your fault.

Racism, you should know better we are the ones who make sure who ever settles in TN, we embrase them and we have never had a issue in our Hormoney.

was this Freedom fighting organization fueled by your Government in the 1960's by deniying them rights or is it Tamils in TN the cause. Accept that it was your fault.

Racism, you should know better we are the ones who make sure who ever settles in TN, we embrase them and we have never had a issue in our Hormoney.

you're changing the topic, I asked the support that you're giving now.

You are not getting the point here brother, the problem is that these MONKS knew that Tamils are having trouble receving them. yet they are comming here, We are not sure if POLICE had issued such a instruction to the MOTELS, if they have that is to discourage SL people enetering TN for a while so that after some time when everything settles down well in SL and Tamils in SL are given what they were denied for so long then they can come and they can have the same GUEST treatment as the rest of the world when they set foot in TN. Until then they sould not come here and complain that Tamils are the TN Polic is not helping them in getting Motels.

And referring to your comment on MOB mentality, I am not getting what you are saying, so kindly enlighten me

As far as mob mentality goes I was referring to your own post.

FYI...Colombo Chennai return flight costs Rs.3500 and up. That's cheaper than any domestic flights within India.They are monks with limited resources visiting a country where their religion took birth. India has a centre in Chennai to welcome monks from SL, Thailand,Malaysia etc into India. Your logic applies to places like Africa. Chennai and TN are a civilized place and if we justify these actions we are justifying the presence of mob mentality (for ease of understanding a group of people who believe themselves to be moral police and upholders of values and willing to break the law to enforce their version of justice).

you're changing the topic, I asked the support that you're giving now.

well, the Center is doing enough to support you, but you and your government is showing your middle finger to them, yet shamlessly the Manmohan government is showing its A** to tbe fu**ed up by SL Government.

Buudy the world is a cruel place to live, I was and am a peace loving person, but look around, where is the honor in living as Humans, when we just stand by and watch the attrocities arround us. when we are exploited by the power hungry people. we have to stand up and fight for what rightfully belongs to us. or else we prerish with out a trace. I believe in the Gandhian way when deeling with people who have Humanity, but Netaji's way suits more in this world in the present condition

Netaji's way was to ban people from coming into India or bashing up innocent Brits who may be in India? That's news to me!!!

As far as mob mentality goes I was referring to your own post.

FYI...Colombo Chennai return flight costs Rs.3500 and up. That's cheaper than any domestic flights within India.They are monks with limited resources visiting a country where their religion took birth. India has a centre in Chennai to welcome monks from SL, Thailand,Malaysia etc into India. Your logic applies to places like Africa. Chennai and TN are a civilized place and if we justify these actions we are justifying the presence of mob mentality (for ease of understanding a group of people who believe themselves to be moral police and upholders of values and willing to break the law to enforce their version of justice).

why did they not visit the place in until 2010, when the war was going on, they new that if they would have come at that time hard core Tamil men would have parcelled their dead corpuse. why would they visit now? Let them settle their Tamils first and after 5 years of peace in the ISland nation they can come back. but not now when the emtions are running high

Netaji's way was to ban people from coming into India or bashing up innocent Brits who may be in India? That's news to me!!!

I was reffereing to "IF you kick me once, I'll kick you twice" that mentality.

Back
Top Bottom