What's new

Chennai police to hotels: Ban Lankans

when we handed you kachatheevu....the deal was for fishing rights of Indian fisherman in the waters around the island...you should learn to honour the deal

dude, I have read that document, if you need I can post it here.

Just don't agree with the bold parts.Division on ethnic ,religious and cultural bases has been there in our recorded history.
Britishers did what today's political parties are doing!

You are wrong. Indian political parties do not follow divide and rule policy like how the Britishers did. Sri Lankan Tamils were encouraged to learn english and they were preferred over the Sinhalese for most of the government jobs during the British rule. So when they gained independence, the tamils being more prosperous aroused the ire of the Sinhalese. That was the beginning of the conflict.

You are wrong. Indian political parties do not follow divide and rule policy like how the Britishers did. Sri Lankan Tamils were encouraged to learn english and they were preferred over the Sinhalese for most of the government jobs during the British rule. So when they gained independence, the tamils being more prosperous aroused the ire of the Sinhalese. That was the beginning of the conflict.

In British era most of Sinhalese hadn't interested to work with British, just few worked with them.
Today all Sri Lankans should fellow main 3 languages, Sinhala, Tamil and English at school. I did learn Tamil for 3 years when I was at school can read and write Tamil but doesn't know the meaning. In Sri Lanka you can go to Sinhala, Tamil or English medium school, some school has all classes together. Government has a new policy and they're converting all A/Ls classes and Universities to English medium only, so future community won't be any trouble in communication each other. current communication problem occurs in north and some parts of east coz those areas weren't open to people to mix each other/ discover each other cultures, rest of people can communicate each other well.

Government currently use 3 languages, Sinhala, Tamil and English in their official documents and sign boards and there is a policy all public places must go with 3 languages. But Currently Sinhala and Tamil are national languages, I think government should add English too.

dude, respect to another country's maritime border line then your fishermen issue over. you TN people talk about equal rights and violating rights of Sri Lankan fishermen.

Agreed.both sides of the fishermen are crossing the border knowingly or unknowingly.,but they are unarmed civilians.indian fishermens have been most times tortured,looted and killed by Srilankan army for no reason.that's un-acceptable.GIVE US KATCHATEEVU.,GET AWAY FROM THAT PLACE.END

Agreed.both sides of the fishermen are crossing the border knowingly or unknowingly.,but they are unarmed civilians.indian fishermens have been most times tortured,looted and killed by Srilankan army for no reason.that's un-acceptable.GIVE US KATCHATEEVU.,GET AWAY FROM THAT PLACE.END

Someone can shout but if actually such things happening Indian government responsibility to take action in diplomat way.

we will give all the sri lankan waters....enjoy! lol

Back
Top Bottom