What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

old pic。deleted。
205921gzh88sd9iii3i37s.jpg

:enjoy: Yepp, seems so !

Stealth aircraft is more suitable for weapons platform than being fighter. I find combat radius and ability to carry more missiles, guided bombs are most important while dogfight is for self defense when stealth being compromised.

F22 and f35 are quite fuel thirsty due to overtuned engines generating really high thrust. f22 could only carry limited 2x aim9x and 4x amraams or JDAMs and SDB. F35 carries only 4x air to air or 2x Amraam & 2x JDAMs or few 250lb SDBs. It's like replacing f117 nighthawk. If America replaced all f15/16/18 with f22/35, these aircraft can't perform ground sorties well and will need a lot of them to do the jobs of fighters they are replacing.

The j20, it needs large internal bay to carry maybe 8x air to air missiles or 4x air to air & 4x air to ground minimum to be effective multi~role fighter. It is larger and longer, should be able to meet such requirements. It has enough room to have cwb like f15se

Last edited:
Stealth aircraft is more suitable for weapons platform than being fighter. I find combat radius and ability to carry more missiles, guided bombs are most important while dogfight is for self defense when stealth being compromised.

F22 and f35 are quite fuel thirsty due to overtuned engines generating really high thrust. f22 could only carry limited 2x aim9x and 4x amraams or JDAMs and SDB. F35 carries only 4x air to air or 2x Amraam & 2x JDAMs or few 250lb SDBs. It's like replacing f117 nighthawk. If America replaced all f15/16/18 with f22/35, these aircraft can't perform ground sorties well and will need a lot of them to do the jobs of fighters they are replacing.

The j20, it needs large internal bay to carry maybe 8x air to air missiles or 4x air to air & 4x air to ground minimum to be effective multi~role fighter. It is larger and longer, should be able to meet such requirements. It has enough room to have cwb like f15se

F-22 are not fuel thirsty. The supercruise abilities allow F-22 to cruise at supersonic speed w/o turning on afterburner. Meaning more fuel efficient and longer range. Where did you get the ideal F22 are fuel thirsty?

F-22 are not fuel thirsty. The supercruise abilities allow F-22 to cruise at supersonic speed w/o turning on afterburner. Meaning more fuel efficient and longer range. Where did you get the ideal F22 are fuel thirsty?

F22 burns more fuel per second than the f15e & su30mk on dry thrust. If you cruise, the f22 could go 900nm with full internal loads. But for combat air patrol, the f22 will go bingo fuel sooner than other aircrafts. The same goes to f35, it's thirsty for fuel.

The j20, it needs 2 variants, 1 with weaker engine for better fuel efficiency patrol and another with powerful supercuise engine for attack and interceptor role

1642851_-_main.jpg

China only access to tvc IR guided missile with off boresight capability would be the r73. Since china favours Western tech, the seeker would be improved version of pl9 derived from python3 added with r73 seeker tech. This Iris equivalent should work better than r73.

I have a feeling the '2016' engines are not AL-31 to begin with.

Unpainted AL-31 engines look like this. We've seen it before on the original J-20 prototypes.

bGgiTqo.jpg

YsZnmyc.jpg

OtZHPfp.jpg

J-20 2016 engines look like this.

BY5WSUY.jpg

Fsc0Xs3.jpg

They don't look like the same engines to me.

The length of the nozzles are different.

The color is different.

Moreover, why adjust the shape of the DSI bumps (and alter airflow) for the exact same AL-31 engines?

Back
Top Bottom