What's new

Certified Public Accountant VS Chartered Financial Analyst?

madooxno9

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
As a student of finance & accounting i have this dilemma for quite sometime now. I am doing pretty good in both but can't decide as what would give me a edge as a fresh graduate in Job market ?

My aim is to get in trading for banks or internal auditor for banks or in any reputed firm.

I would like to ask for suggestions and invite other fellow students or employees who wish to get this certified curriculum.

Another question would be how are these certified programs seen in various countries? Which one has more edge over the other?

Tell me good and bad stories you heard or you know someone ?

I wish to register myself to one of these exam soon and get started for level 1 .

I know that @Jade and @Armstrong are somehow related to finance and accounting. Please give me your insights.

China is one of the places where graduates are going now days, so please @Chinese-Dragon @Kiss_of_the_Dragon @Genesis @ChineseTiger1986 @siegecrossbow tell me how is it there ?

GCS is one of the next place where graduates are giving their shots so guys tell me what you got :P
@al-Hasani @Arabian Legend @harpoon @levina @Imran Khan

US (Needless to say): @Peter C @Solomon2 @VCheng @sandy_3126 @Skull and Bones @gambit@KAL-EL @ALL those who live out there :P

Europe ;
@MarkusS @LordTyrannus @Indischer @EDLdefence @Abingdonboy @UKBengali @hinduguy

Russia:
@vostok @senheiser

Australia & New zeland :
@Developereo @Roybot @Ravi Nair

Sorry if you are not mentioned as its hard to remember all usernames. Please give your thoughts and let the discussion begin. :welcome:

There are more jobs for CPA's than there are for CFA's.

You should really go where your heart is.

@madooxno9 , as this is not my field, I don't know much about it.

But for Australia and New Zealand, from what I have heard, CA (ICAA) is better.

Sorry, I have no idea.

All I know is that we had a lot of "accounting" students and they have had trouble finding jobs. Of course, these might be entry-level people, not the level you are talking about.

I believe that you are talking of US CFA. I registered for Indian CFA and cleared 12 papers. US CFA is no match for Indian CFA which was very comprehensive. How ever US CFA has a lots of Demend in US. If you want to go to US, Pl do CFA. CPA is good too.

Dude CPA is 'Accounting' oriented which means the focus is on 'Recording & Presenting Financial Information' whereas CFA is 'Finance' oriented which means the focus is on 'Application using that Financial Information' - Its your call....do what you like ! :)

I've personally never been excited by Accounting but I've loved Finance so for me the choice after 'ACCA' is going to be CFA or an MSc in Finance even though usually 'Accounting Jobs' are a lot more 'secure' & 'much more in number' than an Investment Finance oriented one that CFA would give you !

Sorry, No idea about accounting, Engineer here...Best of luck, hope you find the right answers

Last edited:
There is currently a big demand for accounting professionals here due to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

The best combination you can have for the Indian market is CA + CFA. Non-Bank Big corporate houses will just hunt you down!

That said...its a difficult and time consuming combo. I have no idea about CPA though:confused:

If you are a B.Com grad...that's the way to climb the ladders.

I myself have not attempted beyond Level 1 (CFA). I'm an engineer with an MBA in HR...so yeah you can laugh it off:bunny:

Back
Top Bottom