What's new

I need your advice

How about going for a Business Management degree ?

Another option could be exploration of Creative Arts.

Do you have any Creative Talents ?

Here are some suggestions for you to consider.

1. Theater Arts or Media Arts like Acting , Singing, Dance or Television Crew in Studio or the Field etc.

2. Culinary arts like becoming a Chef and planning to open Restaurants.

3. Project Management

4. Event Planner

5. Construction Trades Carpentry, HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing. This could lead to you becoming a General Contractor and own your own Company.

6. Automotive engineering in a Trade or Vocational School.

A question on event planners; is this a lucrative field in the 'states?

@Nihonjin1051

Thanks a lot for the advice! I may need some guidance too. I think I have made up my mind that I want to avoid medicine. Nobody in my immediate family does medicine. Business would be more suited for me but my father advises against it. Your knowledge on Islam is very interesting too. :D

I need to ask the Almighty.

@TimeToScoot

It does need time, although I don't have all the time to explore classes.

@Multani

You really believe it's best for me? Like entrepreneurship? Thanks for the answer brother.

@Indos

I believe that as well, my family doesn't though. I know I can be a creative person, manage well and understand what consumers want. I do a lot of thinking and reading. I don't want to be that person who gets an degree with plenty of science/math then gets a job.

@DiehardPakNerd

I already know medicine is not for me, even though elders of mine try convincing me to get into medicine. If I wanted to do that I would have a stressful life, a very busy life with no time to focus on anything else such as religion. If I lead an atheist lifestyle I might be able to do it. Which pains me.

@Zarvan

As a younger kid I was lazy, and admit still don't have much discipline. But, if I have a plan to set myself forward I could do it. I just don't find somethings appealing. Everything won't come easy forsure. I don't want to be rich, but you don't understand. I have a cousins to look after in the future and family. They're anticipating that I become highly succesful, if it was my own life I would do something that suits me. But, I worry about my family's future since nobody in my family will lead it besides me when my father is gone, God forbid.

@Pakistanisage

Thanks brother, I do feel business is more suited for me. Not sure why my family whom have no medical history want me to get into medicine. It's an Arab thing, literally every Arab family want's their children to go for medicine. It's annoying, I'm not for that.

I like the idea of being a project manager as well. I will look into local programs for business soon.

I'm a young college student, still early on. However, I'm not sure what I want to get into to. I have no passion for medicine, science or mathematics. Politics for me is a hobby/need, I don't want a political career. Nor anything related to military. I want to be able to make a good living.

I'm not a person who explores all areas of life. So I have trouble guiding myself. The family expects me to get into medicine although I despise it.

I have a passion for the automotive industry. I don't want to do engineering though. I believe I would enjoy some sort of strategy based role or management role in the automotive industry. I like to read about information a lot and make something out of it. As of now though I'm all over the place. So I need to make a decision to keep me focused on one topic.

Does anybody here know what degrees would suit me? If you need more information about me please ask more questions so I can evaluate what's right for me. Because this is stressing me out lately.

I know this may not be the right place, but, please experienced people leave me some useful advice.

You can research about financial analysts, project managers, business administrators, chartered accountants, MBAs

They earn around 100k and higher in an year.

Excellent companies do graduate programs like JP Morgan in the US. But you have to keep an eye on them to apply when they open for Internships [ considering you are in early years of college ] . I am in my last.

My advise to you is to get an internship and learn about the field of your choice. Or a co-op program.

Never ever compromise on career. If PDF is taking up too much of your precious time, ditch PDF. We need strong Muslim brothers in the market.

You can research about financial analysts, project managers, business administrators, chartered accountants, MBAs

Excellent companies do graduate programs like JP Morgan in the US. But you have to keep an eye on them to apply when they open for Internships [ considering you are in early years of college ] . I am in my last.

My advise to you is to get an internship and learn about the field of your choice. Or a co-op program.

Never ever compromise on career. If PDF is taking up too much of your precious time, ditch PDF. We need strong Muslim brothers in the market.

Brother @Multani , a healthy balance is possible. Too much work and no 'play' is never good for the young man's mind. :lol:

@Nihonjin1051

Thanks a lot for the advice! I may need some guidance too. I think I have made up my mind that I want to avoid medicine. Nobody in my immediate family does medicine. Business would be more suited for me but my father advises against it. Your knowledge on Islam is very interesting too. :D

I need to ask the Almighty.

Little bro,

Sometimes, the best decisions in life is made while in silent prayer. Whatever you decide you want to do, know that through God's Grace and Guidance, you will succeed. Good luck in your studies, and always ask your family to support you. They will respect your decision whatever it may be ! Subhanallah!

See you around, bro.

Always,

@[

I like the idea of being a project manager as well. I will look into local programs for business soon.

For a career as a project manager [ an excellent career ], you need to get a degree from college, and then you need to apply for internships or financial/business jobs, for example in top companies like Bloomberg or bank of America etc. Then you can start the PMP [ Project Management Professional Certification ]. There are experience [ at the job ] requirements for it, and you need both the certification and the job experience to get certified. Then you can work as a project manager, and I am sure you will have a bright future.

I will cut time on PDF drastically on my part. :D

I do believe I'm going to center my attention on business. Medicine was never and will never be my thing.

Open your own business, be your own boss. Employ people in your business and have the joy of leadership.

It's what I want to do, it's what my father did as well. I need to come up with ideas, problem is he advises against me doing business and thinks medicine is the right approach.

In Arab-American culture:

Do medicine or you're a failure. Pretty much how it goes. :lol:

I'm a young college student, still early on. However, I'm not sure what I want to get into to. I have no passion for medicine, science or mathematics. Politics for me is a hobby/need, I don't want a political career. Nor anything related to military. I want to be able to make a good living.

I'm not a person who explores all areas of life. So I have trouble guiding myself. The family expects me to get into medicine although I despise it.

I have a passion for the automotive industry. I don't want to do engineering though. I believe I would enjoy some sort of strategy based role or management role in the automotive industry. I like to read about information a lot and make something out of it. As of now though I'm all over the place. So I need to make a decision to keep me focused on one topic.

Does anybody here know what degrees would suit me? If you need more information about me please ask more questions so I can evaluate what's right for me. Because this is stressing me out lately.

I know this may not be the right place, but, please experienced people leave me some useful advice.
hazzy,,so basically,,,u very lazy,,..:D
just dont go into medicine if u r not sure about it..8-)

do computer science its the future bro, thats what I'm going for lol

hazzy,,so basically,,,u very lazy,,..:D
just dont go into medicine if u r not sure about it..8-)

Kind of, more lazy than most people here forsure. :D

I am going to leave politics aside for the most part, and largely be absent from PDF in the near future. Maybe this way I might change my mind.

Although I don't like medicine, I like the idea of running my own business.

Back
Top Bottom