What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
Some weapons could be programmed with an inertial map to guide the weapons to its intended target.
What if the target is a mobile platform......

We should have all type of weapon navigation and locking systems, use of weapons should based on live situation awareness.

Photo-862.jpg

The problem with the H-4 is that it still requires the host platform to guide the missile to target, meaning the time on target for the pilots is too high and therefore there is much greater risk than a true stand off platform.

The REK is fire and forget. H-4 is not.

If they could upgrade the targetting to be autonomous, then there is still value in the H-4, otherwise it is time to move on to other platform..

Given the miniaturization in modern electronics, it is a project that PAF and Pakistani industry could attempt to undertake, and in doing so, preserve weapon stockpiles of this platform..
And what if the H4 can be guided from the aircraft by being 120-150 or nearly 200 km away from the target.

Launch platform fires the missile, turns back, missiles flies to designated target and the controlling aircraft being 150 km away guides to extreme pin point accuracy.

And what if the missile gets controlled from a ground based system, that would be nice.

And what if the H4 can be guided from the aircraft by being 120-150 or nearly 200 km away from the target.

Launch platform fires the missile, turns back, missiles flies to designated target and the controlling aircraft being 150 km away guides to extreme pin point accuracy.

And what if the missile gets controlled from a ground based system, that would be nice.
Actually it can; there are a few parameters; it has been tested with over 200km but that is outer edge and not real world sit.

Max range of H-4 SOW after deployment is 120 km. After the deployment the aircraft must leave the place to avoid threat from ground and air.

However, the controlling aircraft should be in the vicinity of deployment area till the SOW reaches the target. The distance depend on terrain and weather condition.

In order to increase the comm range between controlling aircraft or even ground station we can introduce aerial comm signal boosters installed on drones. Hence we don't have to risk our precious aircraft and its pilot.

Please also appreciate that Pakistan do not own GPS and comm satellites and have to depend on US GPS facility. Considering the current geopolitical situation, there is a possibility that availability of this facility may be denied.

Therefore in absence of GPS facility, the best option will be to use drones to locate the targets and control the weapons deployed and home them to the designated targets with precision.
The problem with the H-4 is that it still requires the host platform to guide the missile to target, meaning the time on target for the pilots is too high and therefore there is much greater risk than a true stand off platform.

The REK is fire and forget. H-4 is not.

If they could upgrade the targetting to be autonomous, then there is still value in the H-4, otherwise it is time to move on to other platform..

Given the miniaturization in modern electronics, it is a project that PAF and Pakistani industry could attempt to undertake, and in doing so, preserve weapon stockpiles of this platform..
REK is another option which depends on GPS/INS. Its max range after deployment is 50 to 60 km. Considering its range, this option is not safer than H-4 SOW.

Last edited:
I think the JFT was a means to get to the end line without the least hassle. Once the race is over, we can retrace our steps and slowly incorporate technology as we get a grasp of it. This is a novel way of doing things, and I think they have partly followed a hybrid of Chinese and Western pathways towards development. I remain uncertain as to how it will effect subsequent progress as we still lack critical technologies and skills. I suspect we will slowly incorporate these as we go along. But at least we have a product to show for it. The next project may still not be 100% ours but may well be 60-70% ours. I would love to see us taking over the building of the whole fuselage of the JFT block 3 to show progress.
A
Even 58% of JFT by PAC is good enough progress. FCS and other high end avionics would still be difficult to produce bc of lack of r&d and economy of scale. Better to increase as much of airframe, wiring, integration. Turbofan is out of question for another 20 years even if some research has been started already. PAC /PAF policy is good to buy of the shelf components from wherever and jv with china and turkey.

Can someone pleae post me how many mirages III, V in service. No need to specify how many are ROSE, just generic numbers.
Wiki lists 88 mirage III and 90 mirage V, but their's can't be relied upon. Thanks

Can someone pleae post me how many mirages III, V in service. No need to specify how many are ROSE, just generic numbers.
Wiki lists 88 mirage III and 90 mirage V, but their's can't be relied upon. Thanks
exact numbers of f-16 mirages adn f-7s are in PAF book and not open sir

"their's" you mean Flight Globals?
If you have free time on your hands you can make a somewhat accurate estimate using serial numbers and online database/transfer information etc.

"their's" you mean Flight Globals?
If you have free time on your hands you can make a somewhat accurate estimate using serial numbers and online database/transfer information etc.
Their's mean wikipedia.
I was just looking for ball park figures. But no worries. It is not important. Thanks for guiding though.
Happy Defense Day to All.

Back
Top Bottom