What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
The Engineers have done well with the Mirage platform

Continuous upgrades and addition of weapons system
Loaded with goodies

6sep_mirage.jpg

Kamra3.jpg

7-6.jpg

Upgraded cockpit with modern monitors
attachment.php

ff6761baa4c824dcc6932215bbbcb0b2.jpg

Some lovely missiles

R550 (France)
r550.jpg

Excocet Anti Ship
br-misil.jpg

And of course (Made in Pakistan Raad)

10470195_10200536426370613_7662841369269866539_n.jpg

Last edited:
DAGGER 7 Modified ?? looks like PAF picked up spares parts from Argentina / IAI as well??

View attachment 306050

View attachment 306051

Argentina to retire Mirage fleet

• 19 AUGUST, 2015
  • BY: BETH STEVENSON
  • LONDON

Argentina is reportedly planning to retire its air force's mixed fleet of Dassault Mirage fighters in November, as budget constraints force the government to make cuts to its inventory.

The air force’s fleet consists of eight Mirage IIIs, four Mirage 5s and four Mirage 5-derived Israel Aerospace Industries Neshers, Flightglobal’s Fleets Analyzer database shows. Now in our hands ?

Pakistan is building/assembling JF-17 at snails pace. These fighters are better than F-7 and Mirages and should replace them. Only starting in 2016 will the production of JF-17 will increase from current 15 to reported 24.
With due respect, fighter aircraft are not exactly rotis you can make at a tandoor. Resources including funds, manpower and facilities are all constraints. Scaling up aircraft production take planning and resources.

With due respect, fighter aircraft are not exactly rotis you can make at a tandoor. Resources including funds, manpower and facilities are all constraints. Scaling up aircraft production take planning and resources.

Sir,

Please don't take it personal---you have been quiet since 2007---could you please keep it that way---I mean to say---you have zero contribution so far----. I know someone will get mad at me for writing this----.

We already have too posters many with sob stories and bags full of excuses for the air force.

Have to ever heard the saying--' hit the iron when it is hot '---or ' a stitch in time saves nine '----' save now for a rainy day ( means buy now to get ready for war later)---' avail the opportunity to its maximum potential at the soonest '---' if you get the chance---take it and run with the wind behind your back '---

' what you have been looking at now maybe gone tomorrow ( I missed a beautiful Tie at Nordstrom one time )---' what is available to you now may not be available tomorrow '---' don't let the problems of today stop you form doing what is needed for today---because tomorrow will bring its own NEW problems '----' and last but not the least

" excuse is like an ar-se hole---and everybody got one ".

Sir,

Please don't take it personal---you have been quiet since 2007---could you please keep it that way---I mean to say---you have zero contribution so far----. I know someone will get mad at me for writing this----.

We already have too posters many with sob stories and bags full of excuses for the air force.

Have to ever heard the saying--' hit the iron when it is hot '---or ' a stitch in time saves nine '----' save now for a rainy day ( means buy now to get ready for war later)---' avail the opportunity to its maximum potential at the soonest '---' if you get the chance---take it and run with the wind behind your back '---

' what you have been looking at now maybe gone tomorrow ( I missed a beautiful Tie at Nordstrom one time )---' what is available to you now may not be available tomorrow '---' don't let the problems of today stop you form doing what is needed for today---because tomorrow will bring its own NEW problems '----' and last but not the least

Dear Sir,

Sorry to say most of your posts from past few days are only criticize PAF, instead of productive feedback regarding topics in discussion. I hope u shall return to your previous path of knowledgeable posts.

One may easily criticize PAF over a number points i.e not selecting Mirage 2000, not selecting Rafael, accepting F16s with tied hands etc. Big but comes here, as PAF officials are not solely responsible for previous errors solely and perhaps they attempted to grab opportunities but unable to do so due to inefficiency of previous Govts.

They are not fools to rebuild and use Mirage III/Vs after end of their service life and fighter pilots losing their lives from time to time. The funds problem is very much their if u have single blanket and two people sharing naturally both can;t be covered by it.

Sir,

Sir
Why don't you take your advice about me keeping quiet and shove it where the sun don't shine! Every member on this forum has a right to express their views, so please don't tell me or anyone to stay quiet. I am rather familiar with you talking down to other members and insulting them quite frequently. You contributions are limited to insane rants about why PAF should have bought this and that aircraft and why they are traitors and how they should appoint you as chief procurement advisor to google and tell them what equipment they need!
Thanks but no thanks!
Regards

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

Sorry to say most of your posts from past few days are only criticize PAF, instead of productive feedback regarding topics in discussion. I hope u shall return to your previous path of knowledgeable posts.

One may easily criticize PAF over a number points i.e not selecting Mirage 2000, not selecting Rafael, accepting F16s with tied hands etc. Big but comes here, as PAF officials are not solely responsible for previous errors solely and perhaps they attempted to grab opportunities but unable to do so due to inefficiency of previous Govts.

They are not fools to rebuild and use Mirage III/Vs after end of their service life and fighter pilots losing their lives from time to time. The funds problem is very much their if u have single blanket and two people sharing naturally both can;t be covered by it.

Sir,

In any major weapons purchase---after yourself----time is the worst enemy---and specially for small countries like pakistan facing a larger enemy---.

I am not a critic---I have always posted my comments with directions and solutions---.

It is not only past few days---but for all the years.

Please read my posts from a year ago where I stated that Paf will not get the F16's---the love affair with pakistan has ended----.

How many of you ridiculed me----. I had also told you guys how to get the F16's---you should have gone for another make 2 years ago---the americans would have presented the F16 to you on a platter---but you thick heads don't register the tactics----.

Your brains could only whimper----' oh we will have to integrate a new machine '----. You guys never knew the term integration till I had brought it up some 10 years ago---and then guys had also fought with me on that for years.

If you thought the F16 BLK52 to be the nugget of gold---then you had to forego the traditional manner of procurement and make a strategic maneuvering---by getting the J10C's with Aesa---.

You could just have leased them---till you got your F16's---if that is what you wanted bad.

Rebuilding mirage 3 / 5 was nothing brilliant----if they had bought the M2ks' in the early 90/s---they would not have had this problem.

The rebuilt mirage are not even at par with the JF17 BLK1----. Paf would have been much better off with the mirage F1---that would have given them similar capability as the Jf17 some 20 plus years ago.

Sir
Why don't you take your advice about me keeping quiet and shove it where the sun don't shine! Every member on this forum has a right to express their views, so please don't tell me or anyone to stay quiet. I am rather familiar with you talking down to other members and insulting them quite frequently. You contributions are limited to insane rants about why PAF should have bought this and that aircraft and why they are traitors and how they should appoint you as chief procurement advisor to google and tell them what equipment they need!
Thanks but no thanks!
Regards

Hi,

That suggestion has been to me before many a times---okay---so big deal.

Last edited:
Sir,

In any major weapons purchase---after yourself----time is the worst enemy---and specially for small countries like pakistan facing a larger enemy---.

I am not a critic---I have always posted my comments with directions and solutions---.

It is not only past few days---but for all the years.

Please read my posts from a year ago where I stated that Paf will not get the F16's---the love affair with pakistan has ended----.

How many of you ridiculed me----. I had also told you guys how to get the F16's---you should have gone for another make 2 years ago---the americans would have presented the F16 to you on a platter---but you thick heads don't register the tactics----.

Your brains could only whimper----' oh we will have to integrate a new machine '----. You guys never knew the term integration till I had brought it up some 10 years ago---and then guys had also fought with me on that for years.

If you thought the F16 BLK52 to be the nugget of gold---then you had to forego the traditional manner of procurement and make a strategic maneuvering---by getting the J10C's with Aesa---.

You could just have leased them---till you got your F16's---if that is what you wanted bad.

Rebuilding mirage 3 / 5 was nothing brilliant----if they had bought the M2ks' in the early 90/s---they would not have had this problem.

The rebuilt mirage are not even at par with the JF17 BLK1----. Paf would have been much better off with the mirage F1---that would have given them similar capability as the Jf17 some 20 plus years ago.

Hi,

That suggestion has been to me before many a times---okay---so big deal.

thks sir,

Things u have pointed out are main causes of underdevelopment of Pak not PAF in particular. Now your post looks more positive and constructive that was my point.
I my self attached to financial sector and wastage of time/bottle necks are there in Pak.
May be as a nation we should call somebody like Deming or Juran to teach us total quality management which was and is key of success for Japan.

For the nation who can't produce a paper pin it is a big achievement to rebuild Mirages and manfacturing of JF17s.

Back
Top Bottom