What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Bandits on patrol somewhere along the southern belt. Before the arrival of BVRs, these Grifo Warriors were the most potent platforms. While Grifo radars have provision of integrating BVR, most probably PAF didn't exercised the option due to limited service left with these jets.
FptXxhdWcAA_DBZ

PAF Mirage-III (ROSE-I) in a three ship formation.
These Mirages are flown by No. 7 Sqn "Bandits" and CCS Mirage Sqn "Skybolts".
Apart from traditional air defence roles these variants are often spotted during trials of special weapons like Raad ALCM.

Fqi9Y7qX0AAvanQ

Bandit's Mirage-III armed with IR Missiles and Air to Air Refueling Probe. Mirages when in right hands have proved their mettle in air combat all over the world. Their certain flight performance parameters gives significant advantage in aerial combat..

Fqhtt0YXsAMhTae

PAF Mirage VPA from CCS Mirage Squadron Skybolts undergoing pre flight checks prior to a combat training mission.

Skybolts were later re equipped with more advanced Mirage IIIEA ROSE I
📸 PAF sources

FqhemMQX0AIgV_d

Yeah I have never seen a PAF Mirage with Matra 530.

I think this is the only image I have with seen of a PAF Mirage III with a 530 on the centerline. The missile was next to useless in the 60s and 70s due to the poor performance of the Cyrano radar so I am guessing it didn't stay in service for very long. Also could only be launched by the Mirage 3s in the first batch.

1678156845817.jpeg

I think this is the only image I have with seen of a PAF Mirage III with a 530 on the centerline. The missile was next to useless in the 60s and 70s due to the poor performance of the Cyrano radar so I am guessing it didn't stay in service for very long. Also could only be launched by the Mirage 3s in the first batch.

View attachment 919117

Yes. There was only 1 instance in 71 where a Mirage launched a 530 against a Su-7 I believe but had to break radar lock.

Blast from the Past :
Mirage-III with its armament laid out, RPK Tanks with Bombs, IR Missiles, Rockets and Gun!

Mirages reached Pakistan in 1968 and added a huge boost to the combat capability of Pakistan Air Force.

FqmOf3WXgAEwKBN

High Ground Clearance is one of the most convincing reason to still retain Mirages in strike role. This clearance provides the provision of integrating various conventional and non-conventional payloads on Mirages which are critical to offensive punch of PAF.
FqnWo1rXoAIDzEY

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom