What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
1644601029433.png

The advent of the likes of Go Pro Cameras means we are privileged to view the locations and angles which normally only a fighter pilot would be in a position to see.
A PAF Mirage pilot pulling out of his base.

View attachment 814516
I don't think even a pilot can turn his head 180 degrees and get this view unless he has some premium rear view mirrors

I don't think even a pilot can turn his head 180 degrees and get this view unless he has some premium rear view mirrors
Once a Gora Sahib said, what goes up always must come down.
The same pilot when he comes into land will enjoy a panoramic view of the same base.

But, paf always wanted to get rid of their mirages, otherwise they would have been flying cheetah in paf colors.
The mirage sounds like the PAF's equivalent of the A10. Unliked by the AF till it found a niche and then all of a sudden taken over for the niche role. I think it is ideal for the A2G role and will be used for it. As to Cheetah modification my own feeling is PAF assessed rightly that even developing it would not give it any meaningful role other than the one it is slotted into. Putting BVRs on it still means it will be very vulnerable in a modern war arena. If you look back in early 2000s with PAF still practicing for a WVR engagement, it just did not sit well with PAF strategy.
A

Back
Top Bottom