What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
What you need to be wary about is the severe debt trap it is coming with
for us till today the much hype 'Debt Trap' is set by countries other than China, and total loans from China are still amount less than other countries.

Secondly I would humbly advise you to plz post about internal matters of Pakistan ONLY IF you know the basic facts, otherwise plz refrain yourself from commenting on these issues

Regards

Last edited:
Hi I beg to differ with you regarding AID China will not give AID in any circumstances in terms of cash or any other form only thing available from that side is soft loans to some extent those will be extended for certain period
but offcourse you are right about guarding gawadar for that loan can be expedite ASAP asking for to buy anything from China (offcourse not J20😀)
your input will be appreciated
thank you
You are right new leadership of china since 1988 has avoided giving any military "aid"
But we did recived aid in 1960s with f6
And leadership has now chnaged to one strong man..

Point i am making it is difficult to suggest what will happen as the power has gone from party to one man

I think PAF will try to spend its limited resources on jf17 and azm (and used f16/subsidized f16s) rather then j10 both of which will be cheaper then j10(used/subsidized f16s&jf17)

PAF will probably revelaute options in 2025 for plan 2030 when mirages will have to go..

Unless IAF speeds up its procurement

for us till of today the much hype 'Debt Trap' is set by countries other than China, and total loans from China are still amount less than other countries.

Secondly I would humbly advise you to plz post about internal matters of Pakistan ONLY IF you know the basic facts, otherwise plz refrain yourself from commenting on these issues

Regards
Well, this was raised on this thread, so it was responded to. As far as China's debt trap is concerned, come and see the fiasco that is now playing out in East Africa. It is not only affecting Pak - but casing point Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Kenya to name a few. It needs to be raised because it is the ordinary people who are suffering when loans are defaulted and inflation hits sky high.
If you look at any of these aid practices - all is with Chinese labour and materials. We saw it here in Botswana

Well, this was raised on this thread, so it was responded to. As far as China's debt trap is concerned, come and see the fiasco that is now playing out in East Africa. It is not only affecting Pak - but casing point Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Kenya to name a few. It needs to be raised.

Stick the the subject?

Well, this was raised on this thread, so it was responded to. As far as China's debt trap is concerned, come and see the fiasco that is now playing out in East Africa. It is not only affecting Pak - but casing point Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Kenya to name a few. It needs to be raised.
As said earlier our fundamentals are different we are not East African country or Sri Lanka, If you have your concerns about Chinese Policies in those countries then raise raise it only in relation to those countries NOT IN RELATION OF PAKISTAN.

Love it. The moment denel stops praising PAF strategy, is when PDF zealots start targeting him.

Keep your mind open to other peoples point of view as well, they may know something that you don't.

What you need to be wary about is the severe debt trap it is coming with
when people talk about debt trap, they give example of Srilanka, but one must not forget that dynamics of Pakistan are different then Srilanka or anyother african country. We are strategically located and future of China would also depend on the relation with Pakistan.

when people talk about debt trap, they give example of Srilanka, but one must not forget that dynamics of Pakistan are different then Srilanka or anyother african country. We are strategically located and future of China would also depend on the relation with Pakistan.
Still cannot rule out loosing land to China. They asked for further guarantee in loan financing. What might that be? The only thing that we can gurantee is land....

You do not need to agree.

It is my inference based on existing geopolitical facts and current Pakistani financial crisis.

Pakistan do not have enough financial resources to induct any new weapon system.

The amount and quality of military "AID" depend on Chinese seriousness to preserve the CPEC part of Belt Road initiative.

Induction of J-20 and other latest weapon systems are also very much possible.
Hi thanks for you detailed reply but I’m skeptic about J20 as long as Indians are not getting anything in terms of 5th generation Chinese doesn’t want to have a stealth fighter in their back yard as the are already dealing this around SCS area so no no in terms of J20
but then I’m not denying of not getting J31/xx as you will agree with me on the number of j20 they have manufactured are not even enough for their own country beside that Chinese towing USA lines of not supplying F22 but whoever have the money or will can buy F35 hopefully you are well versed then me in terms of technology between the two I’m agreed with your point of not having enough financial resources that’s why most of the members here don’t want to accept that Pakistan is not funding anything towards J31 that’s the reason it’s is taking it’s pace as Chinese are also not in A rush to induct it in their Naval arm being only couple of ACC on line once they cross the number of desired aircraft carrier to go beyond their island chain to roam freely in the open sea more often they will accelerate the speed of JXX or whatever
Thank you
Still cannot rule out loosing land to China. They asked for further guarantee in loan financing. What might that be? The only thing that we can gurantee is land....
Hi my friend don’t mind but Pakistan is in a habit of loosing land in terms of bases for certain times so if you economy really lifting up & I mean really beside that someone can be fully back you up on your bad times giving away your gawadar base for certain times is not a bad option now I’m not saying giving away like Badabir and shamsi base
offcourse you keep your presence there but give Chinese navy logistics refuelling and bla bla in that case its a win win situation
thank you

Last edited:
Hi thanks for you detailed reply but I’m skeptic about J20 as long as Indians are not getting anything in terms of 5th generation Chinese doesn’t want to have a stealth fighter in their back yard as the are already dealing this around SCS area so no no in terms of J20
but then I’m not denying of not getting J31/xx as you will agree with me on the number of j20 they have manufactured are not even enough for their own country beside that Chinese towing USA lines of not supplying F22 but whoever have the money or will can buy F35 hopefully you are well versed then me in terms of technology between the two I’m agreed with your point of not having enough financial resources that’s why most of the members here don’t want to accept that Pakistan is not funding anything towards J31 that’s the reason it’s is taking it’s pace as Chinese are also not in A rush to induct it in their Naval arm being only couple of ACC on line once they cross the number of desired aircraft carrier to go beyond their island chain to roam freely in the open sea more often they will accelerate the speed of JXX or whatever
Thank you

Hi my friend don’t mind but Pakistan is in a habit of loosing land in terms of bases for certain times so if you economy really lifting up & I mean really beside that someone can be fully back you up on your bad times giving away your gawadar base for certain times is not a bad option now I’m not saying giving away like Badabir and shamsi base
offcourse you keep your presence there but give Chinese navy logistics refuelling and bla bla in that case its a win win situation
thank you
Again, it is your opinion.

I will still say that possibility of latest weapon systems in Chinese arsenal can be strategically "positioned" inside Pakistan to safeguard CPEC cannot be ruled out, considering the importance CPEC for Chinese economy and business.

J-20 will not be positioned to counter Indian threat. The actual threat is from US, its allies and some Arab countries who are against CPEC.

Moreover, UAE and Israel friendly relationship can become a serious threat to Pakistani strategic and nuclear assets in near future.

Whether we like it or not, but Pakistan is slowly moving towards eastern block comprising Chinese and Russians.

J-20 will not be positioned to counter Indian threat. The actual threat is from US, its allies and some Arab countries who are against CPEC.

Moreover, UAE and Israel friendly relationship can become a serious threat to Pakistani strategic and nuclear assets in near future.

Whether we like it or not, but Pakistan is slowly moving towards eastern block comprising Chinese and Russians.
So when finally the US and the Arabs stop giving you money, they're the enemy now?
If only we were diplomatically and economically strong enough for Israel to even consider us a threat. Sorry to burst your bubble but the only thing having nukes confirm is that you'll be equally dead as the ones you used it on. Why is the UAE in everyone's crosshairs? Turkey and China have accepted Israel's sovereignty for much longer and have much better relations than any Pakistani would like to admit.
When you say east you should say China, because India has been playing their cards right for long enough to have Russia never consider you over them.
Thank you

thank you
we're not getting the J-20, it's not for export, China is an ally, doesn't mean it's desperate enough to break it's own rules. We might've been pushing for the J-20 as a ploy to have China settle on the J-10 at favourable terms. Just my deduction. We'll only know for sure when either of them actually arrive.

Last edited:
1609250332253.png

So when finally the US and the Arabs stop giving you money, they're the enemy now?
If only we were diplomatically and economically strong enough for Israel to even consider us a threat. Sorry to burst your bubble but the only thing having nukes confirm is that you'll be equally dead as the ones you used it on. Why is the UAE in everyone's crosshairs? Turkey and China have accepted Israel's sovereignty for much longer and have much better relations than any Pakistani would like to admit.
When you say east you should say China, because India has been playing their cards right for long enough to have Russia never consider you over them.

we're not getting the J-20, it's not for export, China is an ally, doesn't mean it's desperate enough to break it's own rules. We might've been pushing for the J-20 as a ploy to have China settle on the J-10 at favourable terms. Just my deduction. We'll only know for sure when either of them actually arrive.
Since creation of Israel, focal point of every event happening in the middle east is/was Israel.

Israel consider Pakistan as a serious threat to its very existence. Though the aerial distance between the two countries is less than 3300 km, but even than Israel tried to target Pakistani nuclear assets.

Pakistan stance on not recognizing Israel is directly linked to IOJK. Pakistan support fair deal for people of Palestine who were illegally ejected from their homeland.

With acquisition of F-35s and assess to bases in UAE will definitely enable Israeli AF to target Pakistani strategic and nuclear assets. One of the reasons why Israeli supported UAE to procure F-35s is apparently having an F-35 support base on UAE soil.

It is not in the interest of Israel, US and western allies, that

1 Strong eastern block be formed to challenge their market monopoly.
2. De-linking petro-dollar. (It will also effect Arab monarchies)
3. Pakistan becoming strong, economically independent and influential state in the region.

CPEC, Belt Road initiative and EAEU are the beginning of the western nightmare.

Pakistan being a weak link in this great game, is an obvious target. Indians are being used to directly offend and pressurize Pakistan to give away CPEC.

So in my opinion, if China consider CPEC as its one of the precious life line than China will open its arsenal to Pakistan Military.

J-20 and other weapon systems are very much a possibility.

Delivery of 50 hi tech Winglong 2 drones to Pakistan Military is one the indications, that China is very much serious.

History reveals that today's enemy is tomorrow's friend and vise versa. The great game is all about make and break the market monopoly and overall domination.

Back
Top Bottom