What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
H4 is old weapon
Time to dump it and move to advance weapons

Cant be stuck in the past
Look at raptor 3
I dont think that its outdated its still able to perform without any hickups and I am sure it have gone under various updates. But yes Raptor 3 is a must.

Mirage-VPA3 equipped with Matra Magic-II Missiles and Exocet Missile

1607618961464.png

Friend

I disagree with your assessment about the ROse/M3/5. Yes the upgrades were effective to a certain point but the airframe overall remain unchanged or even engine. Cheetah option was there but never followed thru - a sloppier route was taken. Penny wise pound foolish. Right now we are back to square one. There was a huge opportunity to bring over entire Cheetah line over here and continue on; who knows it would have landed other M3/5 clients to undergo the same conversion.
Comparing specifications of Cheetah with Mirage V, Mirage V has greater ferry and combat range, higher service ceiling and can carry same weight of payload ie 4000 kg.

If PAF wanted to have Cheetah option, they would have opted for it.

MRF and PAC have the capability to manufacture complete airframe structure of Mirage aircraft.

However, manufacturing a new airframe structure along with other parts such as landing gears is very costly as compared to extensive overhauling of older airframes. During the overhaul complete bulkhead of Mirage is being inspected for any anomaly, all damaged bulkheads parts and critical load bearing members are being replaced with new ones, complete aircraft rewiring is being done and its engine, other parts and equipment are being overhauled. In short Mirages coming out of MRF have their service life extended.

In my opinion investing on Cheetah option would have been wastage of scarce financial resources. PAF opting to buy phase out Mirage fleets from various Air Forces is a cheaper solution as it serves the purpose to build enough fleet after extensive overhaul, upgradations and modifications.
Sorry you are completely wrong in every point you raised.
You may have your opinion on the subject, but PAF leadership take decisions according to their strategic requirement with optimum use financial resources.

Comparing specifications of Cheetah with Mirage V, Mirage V has greater ferry and combat range, higher service ceiling and can carry same weight of payload ie 4000 kg.

If PAF wanted to have Cheetah option, they would have opted for it.

MRF and PAC have the capability to manufacture complete airframe structure of Mirage aircraft.

However, manufacturing a new airframe structure along with other parts such as landing gears is very costly as compared to extensive overhauling of older airframes. During the overhaul complete bulkhead of Mirage is being inspected for any anomaly, all damaged bulkheads parts and critical load bearing members are being replaced with new ones, complete aircraft rewiring is being done and its engine, other parts and equipment are being overhauled. In short Mirages coming out of MRF have their service life extended.

In my opinion investing on Cheetah option would have been wastage of scarce financial resources. PAF opting to buy phase out Mirage fleets from various Air Forces is a cheaper solution as it serves the purpose to build enough fleet after extensive overhaul, upgradations and modifications.

You may have your opinion on the subject, but PAF leadership take decisions according to their strategic requirement with optimum use financial resources.
I have an old Honda stream from 2003. Now if you know Hondas you will know they will run and run and run. The question as always is I am sick of the sight of it but how much money do I spend on it to update/repair it and when should I let it go. I guess PAF has had the age old dilema of what to do/with them. In their current role they are ideal cheap platforms which we can maintain in house. Till we have weaponry that it can be used with the M3/5 we will keep using it. When the weaponry becomes obsolete the platform will go as well.
A

we have weaponry that it can be used with the M3/5 we will keep using it. When the weaponry becomes obsolete the platform will go as well.
A
I agree.

PAF strategy appears to be like what you stated.

They will definitely replace them completely by year 2030 with JF-17s and may be indigenously developed offshoot of JF-17.

I dare say the J10s might be acquired for this role.
A
Cheaper and reliable option is JF-17 B3s.

PAF resources will focus to produce JF-17 B3s and Project Azm.

However, if J-10Cs or any other Chinese jet fighters are available as AID to protect Gwadar port, PAF will definitely acquire these but not in very large numbers at early stage of induction process.

Cheaper and reliable option is JF-17 B3s.

PAF resources will focus to produce JF-17 B3s and Project Azm.

However, if J-10Cs or any other Chinese jet fighters are available as AID to protect Gwadar port, PAF will definitely acquire these but not in very large numbers at early stage of induction process.
Hi I beg to differ with you regarding AID China will not give AID in any circumstances in terms of cash or any other form only thing available from that side is soft loans to some extent those will be extended for certain period
but offcourse you are right about guarding gawadar for that loan can be expedite ASAP asking for to buy anything from China (offcourse not J20😀)
your input will be appreciated
thank you

Hi I beg to differ with you regarding AID China will not give AID in any circumstances in terms of cash or any other form only thing available from that side is soft loans to some extent those will be extended for certain period
but offcourse you are right about guarding gawadar for that loan can be expedite ASAP asking for to buy anything from China (offcourse not J20😀)
your input will be appreciated
thank you
You do not need to agree.

It is my inference based on existing geopolitical facts and current Pakistani financial crisis.

Pakistan do not have enough financial resources to induct any new weapon system.

The amount and quality of military "AID" depend on Chinese seriousness to preserve the CPEC part of Belt Road initiative.

Induction of J-20 and other latest weapon systems are also very much possible.

Off the whole belt and road initiative, cpec is its flag ship.
So china is deadly serious.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom