What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
561745_449888611723188_1391216050_n.jpg

But I think PAF should concentrate on getting the required money from GoP for 100 JF-17s Block-II, 50 K-8 Local production and also 70 Super Mushak that can be produced in coming 5 years. Also for the development of JF-17 Block-IIIs and K-8 Block-II with chinese and also our own new generation Basic trainer along with other small and medium turbo prop planes...

3 points on the PAF MIRAGE

1. I believe there are some 150 mirages in frontline service with PAF today. Thats a huge portion of PAF total combat fleet around 35% . The planes are 40 years old . Airframe hydraulics and engines must be warn out by now..

2. Some one mentioned replacing the mirages with JF17 thunder block 2. My impression was that THUNDER was replacing the PAFs 150+ F7 CHINEASE mig21s.

With mirage being a western fighter would it not be better to replace it with a western replacement so as to keep western content HIGH in PAF arsenal.

ie Mirage2000 A FANTASTIC war plane and soon with rafales coming into the scene more and more should PAF not fish for these.

3. A Tribute to the Mirage . IMO this has been the mainstay of your airforce over IAF for 4 decades. More than any fighter i THINK the mirage took the most kills.

I am surprised that you GUYS are giving up French technology that is so dam efficient and has such good history with your air force in favour of chinease tech alone and a sprinkling of USA tech which always carrys the threat of sanctions.

mirage2000_3.jpg

These would be a incredible addition to your airforce even 70+ would be a REAL THREAT TO your enemy

1. I believe there are some 150 mirages in frontline service with PAF today. Thats a huge portion of PAF total combat fleet around 35% . The planes are 40 years old . Airframe hydraulics and engines must be warn out by now..

2. Some one mentioned replacing the mirages with JF17 thunder block 2. My impression was that THUNDER was replacing the PAFs 150+ F7 CHINEASE mig21s.

With mirage being a western fighter would it not be better to replace it with a western replacement so as to keep western content HIGH in PAF arsenal.

ie Mirage2000 A FANTASTIC war plane and soon with rafales coming into the scene more and more should PAF not fish for these.

3. A Tribute to the Mirage . IMO this has been the mainstay of your airforce over IAF for 4 decades. More than any fighter i THINK the mirage took the most kills.

I am surprised that you GUYS are giving up French technology that is so dam efficient and has such good history with your air force in favour of chinease tech alone and a sprinkling of USA tech which always carrys the threat of sanctions.

mirage2000_3.jpg

These would be a incredible addition to your airforce even 70+ would be a REAL THREAT TO your enemy

Sunny Jim - Where will they Get the Money From !!

We are fine enough without them. We look for effectiveness, not origin or reputation of decades old aircraft. We were able to source Mirage III/V airframes and parts from all over the world and saved money that way. We would be stuck with a high-maintenance legacy system without recourse to methodology that saved us money in maintaining many decades old Mirage fleet. So, no thanks. Money spent on JF-17 would get us farther along than wasting time, effort, & money on Mirage 2000.

mirage2000_3.jpg

Don't worry mate, The Thunders replacing the Mirages will be better workhorses than their predecessors .

I think it is a good idea to stick with JF-17 as Mirage replacement. Having too many different aircrafts pose difficulties and more expensive. Hi-Lo mix of F-16s, JF-17s and in future J-10/J-31 is more practical.

they really serve PAF well but now its time to retire them ... we are a little behind some modern Air forces in world but as soon as we start acquiring jf-17 blk-2 than it will be much better

mirage2000_3.jpg

I think PAC just needs money!!!
Also we hope that this Govt. will provide them money to produce about 100++ JF-17 Block-IIs that will replace all of the 150+ F-7s and also they have already replaced the A-5Cs.
But as PAF has shown interest that it would have 300 JF-17s in total so they will surely going to produce about 150+ JF-17 Block-IIIs as well.

So we can expect that J-31 will be replacing F-16s.... and adding capability...

most of the upgraded mirages will remain in service until 2017-18. by that time there should be enough JFT- block-1 and 2 to first replace the F-7P's and then the earlier purchased mirages.

there are roughly 130 mirages in active service. others are under repair and overhaul plus many have been cannabalised for spares.

most of the upgraded mirages will remain in service until 2017-18. by that time there should be enough JFT- block-1 and 2 to first replace the F-7P's and then the earlier purchased mirages.

there are roughly 130 mirages in active service. others are under repair and overhaul plus many have been cannabalised for spares.
Is Jf-17 replaceing F-7s and Mirage on one to one basis?Because that would put the final number at 250-300 Aircraft..

Back
Top Bottom