What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
Mirages are too old to justify any major upgrade. PAF is more keen to work on replacement options.
sir do we have any options ? i mean there are some honourable members who said that US option is not viable .EFt option is messed by turkisk interference then what option we have ?

Mirages are too old to justify any major upgrade. PAF is more keen to work on replacement options.
PAF can do a good thing ask vendors for bid to replace Mirages along cost and local support like around 6- 10 billion $$ like India did see what happens would be interesting

Last edited:
sir do we have any options ? i mean there are some honourable members who said that US option is not viable .EFt option is messed by turkisk interference then what option we have ?
There are different viewpoints on the forum, no member is representing PAF here, only PAF knows what options it is looking into and at what stage they are at. These discussions cannot be held openly in the public.

PAF can do a good thing ask vendors for bid to replace Mirages along cost and local support like around 6- 10 billion $$ like India did see what happens would be interesting
inorder to do that you need to have cash on you, unfortunately that is missing.

5932989.jpg

4014497.jpg

Last edited:
Are we looking for something like SLEP of F-16s for our Mirages??
I hope not too old to spend money PAF should give tender for Mirage replacement when ever time is right along her specifications

@Dazzler, @airomerix and @Hodor .
Any news of whatis/happening with the Mirages, what sort of upgrading will these veterans be getting. Will it mean radical replacements like radar changes and engine upgrades or is it just someone has thrown a bone to the market to get a decent deal for the super Mushaqs.
Help appreciated.
A

Hi Araz,

Apologies for the delayed response.

This Mirage upgrade was initially negotiated with CATIC which didn't go through due to gaps in capability maturity of a few systems.

A South African is being appointed to carry out this upgrade to a limited number (around 2 sqns initially) of latest Mirage (with A2A capability)

It's a full avionics upgrade which includes;

i) Primary and multifunction displays
ii) ADCs (air data computers)
iii) Navigation integration
iv) INS (Intertial nagaition system)
v) VHF, UHF and HF secure comms
vii) Mission computers and stores management system
viii) All out weapons integration include precision guided A2G weapons, Stand off weapons, Anti ship capabilities with some new A2sea missiles and so on.

In short, its an all out upgradation of Mirage capability. I mentioned 2-3 weeks ago, Mirages are here to stay. I said it for a reason.

Mirage will serve as a dedicated strike platform due to its superior flying characteristics, decent payload and fleet wide availability.

Hi Araz,

This Mirage upgrade was initially negotiated with CATIC which didn't go through due to gaps in capability maturity of a few systems.

A South African is being appointed to carry out this upgrade to a limited number (around 2 sqns initially) of latest Mirage (with A2A capability)

viii) All out weapons integration include precision guided A2G weapons, Stand off weapons, Anti ship capabilities with some new A2sea missiles and so on.

In short, its an all out upgradation of Mirage capability. I mentioned 2-3 weeks ago, Mirages are here to stay. I said it for a reason.

Mirage will serve as a dedicated strike platform due to its superior flying characteristics, decent payload and fleet wide availability.
They do have a max of 5 HPs. So A2A might be severely limited . However for A2S and A2G roles they have proven their worth. I have always thought that PAF retains M3/5s for A2G roles primarily due to the SOWs which have been integrated but also the low price of the platform. With the French having stopped production PAC feels a bit more inclined to experiment with the platform as compared to the 16s where there are serious limitations as to what can be or cannot be done

Hi Araz,

Mirage 3, 5 or both?

Hi Araz,

So Cheetah upgrades.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom