What's new

Can the PLA Navy Make the Indian Ocean Chinese?

I am not sure if will be PLAN vs IN +IAF, assuming our air force and army just stand by and watch. since unlike with Philippines and japan, we do share land boarders with India.

and let's not even try to predict in what is the Pakistani response in case of a conflict.

The stipulations were taking over Indian ocean, i assumed limited warfare....if total war, i would write differently, consideering other assets and angles.

I would rather battle with India on landing cause It cause more damage

India navy is strong enough to counter China navy in Indian ocean.

Even with Gwadar and full Pakistani cooperation i doubt this would be achievable for the PLAN if India keeps some amount of pace in modernization. The buildup prior to this would be easily observable, so choke points can be reinforced ahead of time.
Summa sumarum, it is a huge coastline to cover with somewhat (finite amount of ships in Gwadar and ships that made it through Malacca blockade which would come up at the onset of hostilities) limited assets, in contrast India can well afford to expend less potent aircraft on antishipping missions and it has lots of aircraft anyway.

The PLAN could dispatch IN, but i find it difficult it would win vs IAF.
If the SSBN 096 and Wu14 program are done, the question of dominant over Indian Ocean over IAF should not be a question to debate.

It is like asking whether India can make South China Sea Indian?

If the SSBN 096 and Wu14 program are done, the question of dominant over Indian Ocean over IAF should not be a question to debate.
That would be a good thing for US.

China cannot militarily defeat India, even if China have effective control of the Indian Ocean. But assuming that China does have effective control of the Indian Ocean, as trying to regain control, India will be putting on so much continuous pressure on China that China will be stressed in many ways, leaving US more free to do as we wish in Asia.

For example...When Imperial JPN defeated Russia back in 1904-05, JPN diminished Russia's military status in Europe, pretty much the other side of the world. Russia was so occupied with JPN that Germany took advantage of that distraction and the result was an imbalance of power in Europe, which led to WW I.

So please do take over the Indian Ocean.

China cannot militarily defeat India, even if China have effective control of the Indian Ocean. But assuming that China does have effective control of the Indian Ocean, as trying to regain control, India will be putting on so much continuous pressure on China that China will be stressed in many ways, leaving US more free to do as we wish in Asia.

For example...When Imperial JPN defeated Russia back in 1904-05, JPN diminished Russia's military status in Europe, pretty much the other side of the world. Russia was so occupied with JPN that Germany took advantage of that distraction and the result was an imbalance of power in Europe, which led to WW I.

I thought we were fwends , traitors muricans :/

My friend, we are more concern with free passage of our trade in the Indian Ocean than to dominate the Indian Navy. But I think you are too excited and assuming that we cannot manage two regions of ocean. It is still manageable if our GDP continues to add $1 trillion every year as it will also increase our defense spending. There is no parallel with the Soviet and China. Even the Soviet at their peak height was no where near the industrial powerhouse of China.

I thought we were fwends , traitors muricans :/
We maybe friends, but if you -- India -- allows the Chinese to take over your backyard, what can we do ? By the way, we are not as friendly to each other as you think.

Nevertheless, what I said is applicable and there are plenty of historical evidences for it. Maintaining is one thing, but building from the ground up or rebuilding something that was destroyed, is completely different. When JPN defeated Russia, the Russians must reallocate national resources, including the political, to rebuild what was lost and reinforce what is current. People even made similar arguments against US regarding the ME and our commitments elsewhere.

So if China is successful in making the Indian Ocean into the Chinese Ocean, a shooting fight between the two of you will benefit US in the long run. China does not have the economic might to sustain the fight and keep US out of Asia.

We maybe friends, but if you -- India -- allows the Chinese to take over your backyard, what can we do ? By the way, we are not as friendly to each other as you think.

Nevertheless, what I said is applicable and there are plenty of historical evidences for it. Maintaining is one thing, but building from the ground up or rebuilding something that was destroyed, is completely different. When JPN defeated Russia, the Russians must reallocate national resources, including the political, to rebuild what was lost and reinforce what is current. People even made similar arguments against US regarding the ME and our commitments elsewhere.

So if China is successful in making the Indian Ocean into the Chinese Ocean, a shooting fight between the two of you will benefit US in the long run. China does not have the economic might to sustain the fight and keep US out of Asia.

Why we want to make Indian Ocean as Chinese Ocean, don't you think we have enough with SCS:rofl:, a shooting between China and India will never happen in Indian Ocean, only in the dream of Vietnamese and Americans...and don't worry, our ultimate resource is reserved to take care of the great threat ones to our national security.

A hegemonic country like the USA is trying to explain to the Indian that you are scare of someone else dominating the Indian Ocean. Is this a joke? LOL I don't think the Indian forget that you try to intimidate them during the Indian War.

A hegemonic country like the USA is trying to explain to the Indian that you are scare of someone else dominating the Indian Ocean. Is this a joke? LOL I don't think the Indian forget that you try to intimidate them during the Indian War.
You have a serious reading comprehension problem. Nowhere in my post did I said anything about US being afraid of China. I was merely opining, with historical evidences, on what would happened FOR the US if China decides to take control of the Indian Ocean. It will drain both China and India in many ways. The benefits for US would be a natural consequence of that conflict between China and India.

Take a look at the map. China's increasing investments in Africa demands unimpeded access and transit thru the Indian Ocean. I would not say that China have no choice but to take control of the Indian Ocean, but I would say that it would benefit China immensely IF there is such control.

So by all means, please China go ahead and antagonize the Indians. :enjoy:

more materials to discuss:

Could India make Indian Ocean Indian ?
And are they willing to do so?

You have a serious reading comprehension problem. Nowhere in my post did I said anything about US being afraid of China. I was merely opining, with historical evidences, on what would happened FOR the US if China decides to take control of the Indian Ocean. It will drain both China and India in many ways. The benefits for US would be a natural consequence of that conflict between China and India.

Take a look at the map. China's increasing investments in Africa demands unimpeded access and transit thru the Indian Ocean. I would not say that China have no choice but to take control of the Indian Ocean, but I would say that it would benefit China immensely IF there is such control.

So by all means, please China go ahead and antagonize the Indians. :enjoy:
The Indian Ocean doesn't belong to the India so I'm not sure what is the big concern is. As far as conflict, we don't anticipated any and we have been very careful not to violate their territorial water like you do. We also never intimidated the Indian like you do.

Back
Top Bottom