What's new

Can the PLA Navy Make the Indian Ocean Chinese?

...will ensure the freedom of navigation in IOR

The funny thing is only that especially China is interested most of all in FON and a secure passage thru this most important sea-traffic line !

The funny thing is only that especially China is interested most of all in FON and a secure passage thru this most important sea-traffic line !
I believe what Americans meant by FON is the freedom of choking it down whenever they see fit. They are currently uncomfortable with China's development in SCS because they fear that if they want to choke this critical trade route, it won't be easy anymore.

We dont care .We only cares about our turf.
What I mean is that 60% is not a big change. 50% already there, 60% is just 10% above 50%. US won't pull out its military assets from India Ocean.

What I mean is that 60% is not a big change. 50% already there, 60% is just 10% above 50%. US won't pull out its military assets from India Ocean.

Then there will be no serious change in IOR excepts that of Indian Navy

Then there will be no serious change in IOR excepts that of Indian Navy
True. But similar as Chinese Navy to Pacific Ocean, there will be a long way to go for Indian Navy to challenge the presence of US Navy in Indian Ocean.

True. But similar as Chinese Navy to Pacific Ocean, there will be a long way to go for Indian Navy to challenge the presence of US Navy in Indian Ocean.

Why should we challenge USN ?
Still USN wont come in to our security area without permission.

Why should we challenge USN ?
Still USN wont come in to our security area without permission.
It isn't about whether India navy will / should challenge USN. It is about whether USN thinks India navy has the capability of challenging USN. Even when India navy swears to God that it won't challenge USN, as long as it has that capability, USN believes it is going to challenge USN.

It isn't about whether India navy will / should challenge USN. It is about whether USN thinks India navy has the capability of challenging USN. Even when India navy swears to God that it won't challenge USN, as long as it has that capability, USN believes it is going to challenge USN.
You are right. China is not interested to challenge US navy, but they take us as threat cause we increase our ability.

Funny thing is sir everybody is interested in FON but only in those areas where they don't have controls(Except USN off course). Right???

as long as India and US has common enemies the relations will be cordial between the two navies.
rest India doesn't have any disputes with USA as of now, India may interfere in internal affairs of Maldives, Mauritius or sri lanka but US seems to be cool about it. Chinese are betting on wrong friends in south asia India can facilitate chinese merchandises passing through Indian ocean lanes much better only if chinese doesnt get too arrogant with time.

Did Indian navy dare to do anything to "Not to facilitate" Chinese merchandise passing through India?? And care to explain what you mean by Chinese arrogant ?

when I say facilitate I mean replenishment or safeguard chinese merchandise from ever growing threat of piracy or islamic terrorism or even provide land routes, once china tones down its effort to encircle India by building string of pearls which by the way is not working as Sri Lanka coming closer to India. And yes in event of all out war Indian navy can very much dare.
By arrogant come on fellow pdf poster whats going on in South China Sea and daiko islands where chinese are basically looking for a fight same whats happening when PLA soldiers come 10s of kilometers inside Indian borders when your president is visiting India if this is not arrogance then what is that?
Thats why you can see whats happening all around you, India Japan USA getting into trilateral military ventures.
Japan and south east asian nations coming together in south china sea with USA as backer.
Even heard of the term "building castles in the air"?
I will make it short. Every point you made here is nothing but speculation. Nothing is concrete without evidence. Indians are very good at this game. Creating fairy tales is your speciality.

Even with Gwadar and full Pakistani cooperation i doubt this would be achievable for the PLAN if India keeps some amount of pace in modernization. The buildup prior to this would be easily observable, so choke points can be reinforced ahead of time.
Summa sumarum, it is a huge coastline to cover with somewhat (finite amount of ships in Gwadar and ships that made it through Malacca blockade which would come up at the onset of hostilities) limited assets, in contrast India can well afford to expend less potent aircraft on antishipping missions and it has lots of aircraft anyway.

The PLAN could dispatch IN, but i find it difficult it would win vs IAF.

The PLAN could dispatch IN, but i find it difficult it would win vs IAF.

I am not sure if will be PLAN vs IN +IAF, assuming our air force and army just stand by and watch. since unlike with Philippines and japan, we do share land boarders with India.

and let's not even try to predict in what is the Pakistani response in case of a conflict.

Back
Top Bottom