What's new

Can India become a superpower?! CAN INDIA BECOME A SUPERPOWER?!!

Vedicity

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
Watch this incredibly eye-opening documentary on what it takes to become a superpower. Can India do it? Looking at the massive and awe-inspiring efforts required to develop economically and technologically, it makes India's beef ban and communal conflicts look so petty and silly.

My question to fellow Indian posters is this: does India have the potential and focus to match? What does it take to make India develop on a similar scale? Can Narendra Modi deliver?

Last edited:
Watch this incredibly eye-opening documentary on what it takes to become a superpower. Can India do it? Looking at the massive and awe-inspiring efforts required to develop economically and technically, it makes India's beef ban and communal conflicts look so petty and silly.

My question to fellow Indian posters is this: does India have the potential and focus to match? What does it take to make India develop on a similar scale? Can Narendra Modi deliver?

The question is not if Modi can deliver but If US can deliver another China in India.

India is an over-rated country that is just being used and supported by west to pitch it against China (which is a real power and a player at global scale)

And you have conveniently forgotten that It was US which propped up China to confront USSR.

No! NO
too many issues they have its too easy to expliot.. biggest problem with india they never had good relationship with its neighbour its too risky to even consider..

Subcontinent culture is anti development

You are correct but we need to remember as they say "An Idle brain is a devil's workshop"

Once people start finding jobs they would have no time for polarizing issues in the name of religion, language or caste.

Politicians would be forced to change their strategies big time to catch the attention of their electorate.

Last edited:

I am averse to this ' Super Power ' thing both by Indian & non Indians. All India needs to do is put its head down & work, the rest will follow.

Now. on the question posed.

Do India & China have the same systems of governance ? If not then how can anyone expect them to follow the same trajectories internally ?

A simple thing like a land acquisition bill has not yet got past the Parliament , China has not faced such hurdles. There are many similar issues where both nations have nothing in common except maybe for aspirations which I feel all nations must have.

The question therefore is flawed.

I am averse to this ' Super Power ' thing both by Indian & non Indians. All India needs to do is put its head down & work, the rest will follow.

Now. on the question posed.

Do India & China have the same systems of governance ? If not then how can anyone expect them to follow the same trajectories internally ?

A simple thing like a land acquisition bill has not yet got past the Parliament , China has not faced such hurdles. There are many similar issues where both nations have nothing in common except maybe for aspirations which I feel all nations must have.

The question therefore is flawed.

Many democracies have no problems with land acquisition. Here in the U.S., the eminent domain laws give the government the power to take away private land for infrastructure and commercial development. Other developed democracies have similar laws as well. You can't justify India's inability to pass a basic land acquisition law on her democratic system.

lol written by a commie

Praful was a well known face of left intellectual tradition in Indian media.[5] Analysis of gradual erosion of left in Indian politics was the subject of his deep study.[6][7] He himself had taken part in various left-leaning regional movements in the past and was in long term association with them even after.[8] The last book that he authored just a few months before his death was regarding the possibilities of the revival of Indian left politics.[9] He was incredibly anti-communal and championed civil liberty and secularism.[10] Bidwai had been a Professorial Fellow at the Centre for Social Development, New Delhi, and also a Senior Fellow at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library.

here's the best part:
He died by choking on food on June 23, 2015[3] while attending a conference in Amsterdam.

bhuka greedy commie:omghaha:

rest in piss

Back
Top Bottom