What's new

India dreaming: Can we land on the moon and build toilets too?

Thank you. But I find most human beings are not capable of individual thinking. They just repeat what they hear/read if they hear or read it enough times

Hitler claimed such. He was totally right. Pakistanis are praising the space program without taking into account so many things.

You can also see a number of Pakistanis also believing the "desi liberal" class of Pakistanis consisting of mostly elite class Muhajirs and Sindhis praising India & Bangladesh.

China achieved because they aimed for sustainability. The one-child policy did wonders for them, even if it had minor collateral damage.

They are still much too better off with it than without it. They would have been a badly undeveloped country if not for population control.

They also achieved much better gender equality and better law & order. Their population control policies were the biggest contribution to the environment alone.

It's their money but how they spend it should not serve as "inspiration" for us is the point. Their rockets succeeded where the Russian Federation's failed.

But which is a better country overall? The Russian Federation of course. Much less poverty, much better infrastructure, education amongst so many other things.

Okay so Japan and other more developed countries spend more. Well they can afford it. They have much better living conditions than India.

Their people enjoy much better conditions than India. Try to understand my point.

Their economy is much bigger than Britain's and that why their media claimed there's no need to send them money when they got trillions.

If they were were smart enough, they would divert this money into population control and sustainability. We should not be thinking of a space program for Pakistan.

Probably not in our lifetimes.

What Indians are jumping up and down is nothing out of the ordinary, There is nothing to brag about a moon shot with begged/borrowed/stolen technology, these days everything is available off the shelf and everything has a price. Even NoKo managed to launch a nuclear sub and ICBMs from underwater. Reminds me couple of decades back Indians came out swinging They made a super kampootar and joined the league of the top 5... Guess what, After the postmortem, everything was Sun Microsystem even the tie wraps were imported LOL.... No matter how you slice and dice it India was is and will be a 3rd rate 3rd world country because of F..ed priorities and from Pak's perspective its good.

What Indians are jumping up and down is nothing out of the ordinary, There is nothing to brag about a moon shot with begged/borrowed/stolen technology, these days everything is available off the shelf and everything has a price. Even NoKo managed to launch a nuclear sub and ICBMs from underwater. Reminds me couple of decades back Indians came out swinging They made a super kampootar and joined the league of the top 5... Guess what, After the postmortem, everything was Sun Microsystem even the tie wraps were imported LOL.... No matter how you slice and dice it India was is and will be a 3rd rate 3rd world country because of F..ed priorities and from Pak's perspective its good.
India will never reach its full potential as long as it is enemies with China and Pakistan.

They didn't send rockets to the moon or the sun despite having more toilets, more infrastructure, much less poverty. So why on Earth should Pakistan engage in space exploration?

That is my point. Yet a country with more poverty than all of them combined is sending rockets there. Why on Earth should Pakistan bother with a space program?

Exactly. That advise is exactly what I give to the people of Bharat.
Because 2 billion will in future bring in 90 billion. 1: 45 is what success will bring for space or science-based innovation.

Even at times Pakistanis can be delusional. Like this over-enthusaism with JF-17 Thunder or Hamza submarine or Al-Khalid tank.

But I find this enthusiasm is much higher in Indians and probably even worse in Bangladeshis, though I can't be too sure.

Because 2 billion will in future bring in 90 billion. 1: 45 is what success will bring for space or science-based innovation.

You already got trillions of dollars. Hire poor people to build infurstrucutre. Also spend lots on conservation.

Last edited:
Even at times Pakistanis can be delusional. Like this over-enthusaism with JF-17 Thunder or Hamza, submarine or Al-Khalid tank.

But I find this enthusiasm is much higher in Indians and probably even worse in Bangladeshis, though I can't be too sure.

Agreed about Pakistan, we simply do not have the industrial base, Infra and the resources to develop such toys. Developing Infra. and R&D takes $Ts. No poor country can achieve that until poverty is considerably reduced, Literacy rate is much higher (case in point China)

Aap bhi yahi rasta pakdo . Isme aamdani bhi hoti hai , bhikh mangna band ho jayega , nahi to har hafte one billion dollar ke liye katora uthana padta hai .

Thank you. But I find most human beings are not capable of individual thinking. They just repeat what they hear/read if they hear or read it enough times

Hitler claimed such. He was totally right. Pakistanis are praising the space program without taking into account so many things.

You can also see a number of Pakistanis also believing the "desi liberal" class of Pakistanis consisting of mostly elite class Muhajirs and Sindhis praising India & Bangladesh.

China achieved because they aimed for sustainability. The one-child policy did wonders for them, even if it had minor collateral damage.

They are still much too better off with it than without it. They would have been a badly undeveloped country if not for population control.

They also achieved much better gender equality and better law & order. Their population control policies were the biggest contribution to the environment alone.

It's their money but how they spend it should not serve as "inspiration" for us is the point. Their rockets succeeded where the Russian Federation's failed.

But which is a better country overall? The Russian Federation of course. Much less poverty, much better infrastructure, education amongst so many other things.

Okay so Japan and other more developed countries spend more. Well they can afford it. They have much better living conditions than India.

Their people enjoy much better conditions than India. Try to understand my point.

Their economy is much bigger than Britain's and that why their media claimed there's no need to send them money when they got trillions.

If they were were smart enough, they would divert this money into population control and sustainability. We should not be thinking of a space program for Pakistan.

Probably not in our lifetimes.
Sour grapes.

This is why I am glad Pakistan has no space program. I mean even Brazil, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries never did this, and they're much richer than us. So why on Earth should we?
Have you heard of ESA Or JAXA? Even S.Korea has launched the Danuri mission to the moon.

Last edited:
Good for them. But do they have so many poor people or cities without toilets?
No, but that’s not the point you were making about the Japanese, Korean or European space program. Now if a country lacking toilets and wants to send stuff into space instead of building toilets - it’s their prerogative, isn’t it? Just as some countries choose to invest in pizza franchises instead of rockets to the moon.

Yeh to muh me maaraa. Shayad thodi sharam aa jaye aur yeh namoone chup ho jayen.
He doesn't speak Hindi.

Good for them. But do they have so many poor people or cities without toilets?
The Chinese first sent satellites to space in the 70's when they were poorer than Pakistan, when, just a decade back they had a famine that killed 50 million people, I'm glad nobody asked Mao why he spends on space programs.

For Pakistani, you talk too much about the technological achievements of others which is funny for a person from a country who is trying to make ends meet. Maybe try to introspect what happened to your beloved country where even the South Koreans used to visit to learn about your development model. Now see where you are.

No, but that’s not the point you were making about the Japanese, Korean or European space program. Now if a country lacking toilets and wants to send stuff into space instead of building toilets - it’s their prerogative, isn’t it? Just as some countries choose to invest in pizza franchises instead of rockets to the moon.

Yes it is, but if they want applause for sending rockets to the moon rather than self-developing, I'll pass on with the applause. Countries that actually focus on self-development like China are the reason they have decent living conditions, great infrastructure, law & order.

Also if Japan, S Korea etc. made it to the moon, why is India being called the fourth country to land on the moon? After America, the former USSR, and China, it's termed as the fourth.

I think you got the premise of the point I was making but just choosing to play Mr. Smart ***. Publicity stunts are not the way to gain true respect.

Try to understand the selective attention fallacy.

For Pakistani, you talk too much about the technological achievements of others which is funny for a person from a country who is trying to make ends meet. Maybe try to introspect what happened to your beloved country where even the South Koreans used to visit to learn about your development model. Now see where you are.

Yes and it's a world better than what you are, poorest country on Earth. I'd rather be Pak what it is than be a country of over half a billion still in poverty.

Or the world's most densely populated country like Bangladesh. No thanks.

I think India made history by being the world's poorest country and sending rockets to the moon. If we did such a thing, no doubts our elites and intellects were ridiculing it.

Stop comparing yourselves to Mao. That guy had his country in mind when he thought development, not publicity stunts. There is a reason why India is not China.

He aimed for sustainability.

India tried it under Indra's regime, so I have to respect the effort, even if it failed.

And no we didn't have a development model. We had good science, good technology, good economy, good industry, but not sustainability.

We were aiming for larger and larger population. Look what we got today.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom