What's new

India dreaming: Can we land on the moon and build toilets too?

Maybe try to introspect what happened to your beloved country where even the South Koreans used to visit to learn about your development model. Now see where you are.

What happened? It was ruined by overpopulation. We overpopulated it rather than following Mao's model. Heck even an Islamist Pakistani living in the UK agrees with me on this. He seems to hate China's government but applauds their one-child policy.

We had an ideal population at independence. We invested in too much agriculture instead of sustainable development.

Yes and it's a world better than what you are, poorest country on Earth. I'd rather be Pak what it is than be a country of over half a billion still in poverty.

Or the world's most densely populated country like Bangladesh. No thanks.

I think India made history by being the world's poorest country and sending rockets to the moon. If we did such a thing, no doubts our elites and intellects were ridiculing it.

Stop comparing yourselves Mao. That guy had his country in mind when he thought development, not publicity stunts. There is a reason why India is not China.

He aimed for sustainability.

India tried it under Indra's regime, so I have to respect the effort, even if failed.

And no we didn't have a development model. We had good science, good technology, good economy, good industry, but not sustainability.

We were aiming for larger and larger population. Look what we got today.
You are missing the wood for the trees. Or maybe it's too much to comprehend for you. Nobody is comparing Mao to anyone, the point being Mao planned for the future, built a space program for his country. Just like us, we are planning for the future, not today or 10 - 20 years.

India is not China, we have a sustainable model and we are cooperating with everyone.

We have communication, and remote sensing satellites but you have to pay for the weather data to NASA or ESA or CNSA, you don't have enough communication satellites, and you are still stuck in wired cable TVs or Dish, running analogue signals while we have been using DTH for the past 20 years.

The government makes money selling spectrum, in the last spectrum sale, the government made 10 billion dollars.

We don't have to depend on the US GPS system in a military conflict like we had to in 99. Most importantly we don't have to pay them to use those.

This moon mission itself gives a treasure trove of data, data that is important for future missions. We get technologies for the data we share.

Not even going through the number of technologies ISRO developed that our industries, from public sector, and defence to private sectors use.

You aimed for a larger population who are largely uneducated, your literacy rate speaks for itself with an astronomical school dropout rate. Imagine what you end up with within 20 years, largely unskilled people in a country with not many natural resources. A country looking down the barrel of a gun.

You are missing the wood for the trees. Or maybe it's too much to comprehend for you. Nobody is comparing Mao to anyone, the point being Mao planned for the future, built a space program for his country. Just like us, we are planning for the future, not today or 10 - 20 years.

Mao could have skipped a space program then and built one later, what does it matter? What matters is he made China a sustainable and self-reliable country.

You cannot compare yourselves to him. I mean these cartoons were drawn for a specific reason:

main-qimg-9b615a50f6c4152517e094616ea333ed-c

german_cartoon_india_population_1682352102488_1682352135709.jpg

India is not China, we have a sustainable model and we are cooperating with everyone.

We have communication, and remote sensing satellites but you have to pay for the weather data to NASA or ESA or CNSA, you don't have enough communication satellites, and you are still stuck in wired cable TVs or Dish, running analogue signals while we have been using DTH for the past 20 years.

The government makes money selling spectrum, in the last spectrum sale, the government made 10 billion dollars.

We don't have to depend on the US GPS system in a military conflict like we had to in 99. Most importantly we don't have to pay them to use those.

This moon mission itself gives a treasure trove of data, data that is important for future missions. We get technologies for the data we share.

Not even going through the number of technologies ISRO developed that our industries, from public sector, and defence to private sectors use.

You aimed for a larger population who are largely uneducated, your literacy rate speaks for itself with an astronomical school dropout rate. Imagine what you end up with within 20 years, largely unskilled people in a country with not many natural resources. A country looking down the barrel of a gun.

Most of your population is uneducated, have no toilets, are unskilled, uncivilized. I mean what do you expect foreigners to think when they see people drinking cow urine or raping animals?

You cannot tell me your people are not mostly neglected. Yet you are bragging about technologies that will probably never help them in their lifetimes.

I know my message might seem insulting, but it is a matter of truth. My argument is third world countries should be preoccupied with dealing with their problems not publicity stunts.

There's plenty of countries in even better conditions than you and they never invested their time and efforts in such projects.

Yes I was already aware S Korea, Japan, EU had space programs but they are much more developed countries and their people enjoy much better living conditions.

Agreed about Pakistan, we simply do not have the industrial base, Infra and the resources to develop such toys. Developing Infra. and R&D takes $Ts. No poor country can achieve that until poverty is considerably reduced, Literacy rate is much higher (case in point China)
Following chinese system is only option for countries of subcontinent .

Sour grapes Son! Let's fix ourselves and then look at a country that is now 100 years ahead of us. Your thought process is evidence of that technological and educational gap. Where do you think most of our population takes a shit? there are no clean public toilets that we have provided. At the capital cost at which they have done this lunar landing, it is a miracle and a tremendous achievement that will cause other advancements and an increase in belief as a real nation-state. Let yourself not be the guy worried about toilets when your neighbor has aspirations to settle on Mars. Wipe your *** and study hard, try to catch up, and hold the corrupt politicians and generals to task.
If India did that, I will not be surprised. And if India is dreaming it then he is right.

Yes it is, but if they want applause for sending rockets to the moon rather than self-developing, I'll pass on with the applause. Countries that actually focus on self-development like China are the reason they have decent living conditions, great infrastructure, law & order.

Also if Japan, S Korea etc. made it to the moon, why is India being called the fourth country to land on the moon? After America, the former USSR, and China, it's termed as the fourth.

I think you got the premise of the point I was making but just choosing to play Mr. Smart ***. Publicity stunts are not the way to gain true respect.

Try to understand the selective attention fallacy.
All those countries you named are planning to send a lander and / or rover to the moon. Some have tried but failed, have you not heard of the Japanese attempt that crashed on the moon? My point is simple, the people of the nation lacking toilets prefer to spend their money on rockets instead of toilets. You may not like it but they do.

Most of your population is uneducated, have no toilets, are unskilled, uncivilized. I mean what do you expect foreigners to think when they see people drinking cow urine or raping animals?

You cannot tell me your people are not mostly neglected. Yet you are bragging about technologies that will probably never help them in their lifetimes.

I know my message might seem insulting, but it is a matter of truth. My argument is third world countries should be preoccupied with dealing with their problems not publicity stunts.

There's plenty of countries in even better conditions than you and they never invested their time and efforts in such projects.

Yes I was already aware S Korea, Japan, EU had space programs but they are much more developed countries and their people enjoy much better living conditions.
Plus, the long-term benefit of building a technological infrastructure that has a multiplier effect on civilian economy and technologies.

Mao could have skipped a space program then and built one later, what does it matter? What matters is he made China a sustainable and self-reliable country.

You cannot compare yourselves to him. I mean these cartoons were drawn for a specific reason:

India can do everything if it sheds gutter type secular democratic system by adopting some form of single party communist type of system .

All those countries you named are planning to send a lander and / or rover to the moon. Some have tried but failed, have you not heard of the Japanese attempt that crashed on the moon? My point is simple, the people of the nation lacking toilets prefer to spend their money on rockets instead of toilets. You may not like it but they do.
Pakistanis should build toilets by getting loan from IMF , we will send space missions, citizens are building toilets by money provided from govt ,

Last edited:

Could've would've should've. But he didn't, he did when most of his country was poor and nobody questioned him because he knew space programs helps a multitude of technologies in other areas as well.

Also, cartoons? Oh so we should stop doing things because whiteys make cartoons. :lol:

Touched a raw nerve didn't I?:D All you can come up with is what an average internet troll would say, to counter the points made. That shows the average intellectual capacity of your kind. Like I said, these things are beyond, like way beyond your understanding. You can't grasp the economic advantage of having a space program, even when there is enough evidence to prove that ISRO makes more money than what the government spends on you seem to be running with 'but what about the poor'.

Your argument is bullshit. They are devoid of any logic and the crux of it is 3rd word countries should spend money to help poor people and do nothing else.

Could've would've should've. But he didn't, he did when most of his country was poor and nobody questioned him because he knew space programs helps a multitude of technologies in other areas as well.

Also, cartoons? Oh so we should stop doing things because whiteys make cartoons. :lol:

Touched a raw nerve didn't I?:D All you can come up with is what an average internet troll would say, to counter the points made. That shows the average intellectual capacity of your kind. Like I said, these things are beyond, like way beyond your understanding. You can't grasp the economic advantage of having a space program, even when there is enough evidence to prove that ISRO makes more money than what the government spends on you seem to be running with 'but what about the poor'.

Your argument is bullshit. They are devoid of any logic and the crux of it is 3rd word countries should spend money to help poor people and do nothing else.

What I stated in the second paragraph was factual. That is how your people live while you elites live behind the walls of your castles.

Yes Mao could have, should have, but he still prioritized his people and the Chinese space program would have done just as well if postponed.

They are a world ahead of you. Their people enjoy a much higher standard of living. It's like comparing Africa and Europe.

The fact that your people have no toilets, bathe in cow ****, marry dogs and do other stupid unthinkable things is a clear sign of neglagance.

The cartoons are not made without reason. I think the first one is made by no other than a Bharati.

Third world countries should prioritize reducing their peoples problems and for India it's clearly not a priority.

Mao's China spent tens of billions of dollars in today's money backing revolutions in Asia and Africa when Chinese were living in same or worse conditions some people in India were living. Mao's China went no where. Give Deng Xiaoping all the credit.

What I stated in the second paragraph was factual. That is how your people live while you elites live behind the walls of your castles.

Yes Mao could have, should have, but he still prioritized his people and the Chinese space program would have done just as well if postponed.

Mao's China spent tens of billions of dollars in today's money backing revolutions in Asia and Africa when Chinese were living in same or worse conditions some people in India were living. Mao's China went no where

Mao's China spent tens of billions of dollars in today's money backing revolutions in Asia and Africa when Chinese were living in same or worse conditions some people in India were living. Mao's China went no where

At no point were the Chinese living in worse conditions than Indians. At no point. Indians just love to imagine their country as "China of the past" sorry but that is nothing but a wild fantasy.

Mao still tried to implemented voluntary birth control which inspired later successors to impliment the one-child policy, seeing voluntary family planning wasn't enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom