What's new

Can Bangladesh overtake Pakistan's economy in size?

No source.

Here are correct figures for 2013, from IMF:

India Gross domestic product per capita, current prices U.S. dollars Units 1,500.757

Pakistan Gross domestic product per capita, current prices U.S. dollars Units 1,260.736

International Monetary Fund

Nice try.

Exactly. I know lieing about facts helps soothe your self esteem, but have some shame.
These are 2011/12 figures ..
My Figures are calculated based on Current GDP ( Nominal ) & Population of the three countries .. you can copy pase anything you want but at the end it remain useless .

It is better not to engage in conversation when you know nothing about the subject

instead of Pakistan which is in a different region ,it would be better for Bangladesh to compete with countries in its region like India ,Thailand, Myanmar, Sri lanka , Malaysia etc
for Pakistan it should be India, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, China, Iran, Oman, Uae,Turkey etc
different regions different geo-political dynamics, its as simple as that
Once one of my friend argued same thing with an Indonesian who was comparing how good they performed compared to Pakistan. When he asked him to compare their progress with Malaysia and see where they stand he stopped talking to him for weeks :rofl:

i dnt uynderstand their hate toward pakistan .. they got independence 40 years ago .. but still feel somehow inferior ... competation with pakistan..why?

Will depend on industrial growth, tourism growth, exports, political stability, curb on extreme minded etc.

These are 2011/12 figures ..
My Figures are calculated based on Current GDP ( Nominal ) & Population of the three countries .. you can copy pase anything you want but at the end it remain useless .

It is better not to engage in conversation when you know nothing about the subject

It is calculated last year, and is for fiscal year 2012. The figures for 2013 will be released in few months time.

Either show the source/link for your per capita amounts, or the calculation you did to arrive at such a huge swing in one year.

If you cannot provide either of the above, it will be understood as having come out of your rear end.

It is calculated last year, and is for fiscal year 2012. The figures for 2013 will be released in few months time.

Either show the source/link for your per capita amounts, or the calculation you did to arrive at such a huge swing in one year.

If you cannot provide either of the above, it will be understood as having come out of your rear end.
Not everything thing has a link .. you want to calculate the Per Capita Income do it yourself .. take the India's Current population & Divide it by Current GDP .. you will get the figure .. and just for you rinfo IMF , ADB & world Bank all will have Different Per Capita Income for each country since they calculate using their own methods for their own specific purpose .. which becomes useless in a General Discussion .

Now dont waste my time unless you can add something constructive .

i dnt uynderstand their hate toward pakistan .. they got independence 40 years ago .. but still feel somehow inferior ... competation with pakistan..why?
Same reason why Pakistan still compares itself with India in every thing.

I dont think that pakistan ever considerd bangladesh as its competition. Myanmar is a better competitor for Bangladesh. Pakistan obviously considers india as its rival in every aspect.

I dont think that pakistan ever considerd bangladesh as its competition. Myanmar is a better competitor for Bangladesh. Pakistan obviously considers india as its rival in every aspect.

Why? Pakistan should consider Arabs or persians as their rivals since both have the same genes, culture, religion etc..

Why? Pakistan should consider Arabs or persians as their rivals since both have the same genes, culture, religion etc..

Dude you seriously need to learn what rivalry actually means. People with opposing ideas are more perfect match to be rivals than people with same ideas.

Not everything thing has a link .. you want to calculate the Per Capita Income do it yourself .. take the India's Current population & Divide it by Current GDP .. you will get the figure .. and just for you rinfo IMF , ADB & world Bank all will have Different Per Capita Income for each country since they calculate using their own methods for their own specific purpose .. which becomes useless in a General Discussion .

Now dont waste my time unless you can add something constructive .

Are you actually willing to back up your claim in any way, shape or form whatsoever? Is it too much to ask of a think tank?

Okay sir, I'll do it for you.

(a) Pakistan's 2013 population: 183,343,000

(b) Pakistan's 2013 GDP: 236.625 billion

GDP per capita = (b)/(a) = 236.625 billion / 183,343,000 = 1290.6137676377063754820200389434

So $1,291 is Pakistan's 2013 GDP per capita. Quite different to the 1,500+ you asserted, no?

If you disagree with either the population or GDP figure, please reply with the correct ones backed up with a source.

Thanks.

P.S. If you stretch the GDP to wiki amount of 240 billion, it still comes up to $1,309. No where near your 1,500 mark.

Same reason why Pakistan still compares itself with India in every thing.

Not really, its otherway around in your case as well. PDF is most popular defence forum in India, more popular then even their own defence forums. Just goes to show your obsession with us. Which is normal and expected.

Are you actually willing to back up your claim in any way, shape or form whatsoever? Is it too much to ask of a think tank?

GDP per capita = (b)/(a) = 236.625 billion / 183,343,000 = 1290.6137676377063754820200389434

So $1,291 is Pakistan's 2013 GDP per capita. Quite different to the 1,500+ you asserted, no?

If you disagree with either the population or GDP figure, please reply with the correct ones backed up with a source.

Thanks.

P.S. If you stretch the GDP to wiki amount of 240 billion, it still comes up to $1,309. No where near your 1,500 mark.

Pakistan GDP is $264 billion as of 2013 june, this year in june it will be over $300 billion and per capita $1600. These are by the way official figures and not wiki outdated ones.

Pakistan GDP is $264 billion as of 2013 june, this year in june it will be over $300 billion and per capita $1600. These are by the way official figures and not wiki outdated ones.

Please show the link. Don't drop a number and run away like your Think tank friend did. Give a link or name of the 'official' report which states $264 billion as 2013 GDP.

Thanks.

Stop Quoting 2011/12 Figures .. how many times do i have to tell you ??

Pakistan's Current GDP stands around $266bn while India's Stand around $1.8tr ... And if you bother to ever read Economic Journals you would Know that ..

Once one of my friend argued same thing with an Indonesian who was comparing how good they performed compared to Pakistan. When he asked him to compare their progress with Malaysia and see where they stand he stopped talking to him for weeks :rofl:

Comparing Indonesia and Malaysia like comparing apple and orange. Malaysia got their independence in silver platter while Indonesia must fight for their independence, pay for Dutch debt, after that fighting against rebellion + against Dutch once more for Papua.

Back
Top Bottom