What's new

Can Bangladesh overtake Pakistan's economy in size?

Have you been to the Bangladeshi section? :D It's the funniest section on this forum. ALways good for a few good laughs. Everything is "evil Awamis", "evil Raw", "evil India", "evil hindus". :rofl::rofl:

In what way does this correlate to my post? :undecided:

I don't need to go to the BD section.

Evil India doesn't exist in my book either.

In what way does this correlate to my post? :undecided:

I don't need to.

Evil India doesn't exist in my book either.

I have a hard time taking Bangladeshi members seriously on here when that's all they do on their section. Evil Awamis( as you implied) are better than Jamati scums, but they could be much better than they currently are.

I have a hard time taking Bangladeshi members seriously on here when that's all they do on their section. Evil Awamis( as you implied) are better than Jamati scums, but they could be much better than they currently are.

My opposition toward the Awami League is solely directed toward the policy they adopted within the BD.

The Jamati, by definition, is a terrorist organization, I'd prefer anybody over them in any given day. They are connected to terror groups across the globe including the Liberation Front of Kashmir - since you happen to be an Indian, I think it is worth mentioning - Al-Qaida, and the Muslim Brotherhood. So practically, they are threat to world peace, not just scums - as you might prefer to call them -

I wouldn't trust their political wing either.

You Pakistanis see population as an asset but we Bangladeshis feel we are already overpopulated. Japan has 25m fewer people than us but many times the richer. The main idea is to boost income per capita, eliminate poverty, become serious players in tech and other leading industries. Sure, China and India will be very large powers by way of having extremely high populations, but they have the landmass to accommodate such high numbers.

care to explain how you will grow by isolating your economy from your only neighbour?

In my opinion, it should be other way around... that is you grow much quicker by being aggressive trading partner with India.

No India would just exploit our economy like it is doing now. I did suggest isolate the Bangladesh economy from India but ensure that we got a fair deal. The present government is just giving everything away. I just want India to pay the market value on everything without any easy concessions.

You Pakistanis see population as an asset but we Bangladeshis feel we are already overpopulated. Japan has 25m fewer people than us but many times the richer. The main idea is to boost income per capita, eliminate poverty, become serious players in tech and other leading industries. Sure, China and India will be very large powers by way of having extremely high populations, but they have the landmass to accommodate such high numbers.
You Guys are so emotional

Pakistan's GDP by the end of the current fiscal year will be around 300 billion. It was around 270 billion at the end of last fiscal year. Predictions are that Pakistan's growth rate will only go up from here, due to in large by NATO leaving Afghanistan. I believe Bangladesh's GDP is around 160-180 billion, correct? It is possible that Bangladesh can overtake, though unlikely. At least in the near future. 20 years down the road, who knows.

BD will surely overtake Pakistan in per capita GDP soon and total GDP after 15 to 20 years.

Kerala?

:omghaha:

Kerala has GDP/capita of around 2,000 dollars which compares with 1,500 dollars for Indian average.

Malaysia and Turkey are at over 10,000 dollars while Japan is at around 35,000 dollars.

Man- you Indians are delusional beyond any measure!

:rofl:

IF you guys talking about the success of multi ethnic vs single ethnic/religion country, Turkey can be considered as multi ethnic while Malaysia can be count as multi ethnic and multi religion country compare to Bangladesh.

Pakistan is a large country with many resources owing to the fact that is has different landscapes, greenery, desert, mountainous terrain etc. Right now Pak is facing external and internal problems such as Taliban and political instability but also Bangladesh with it's political instability and continuous full scale hartal which could have been on the verge of civil war, it was not very far from it! Media couldn't care any less.

Bangladesh is doing good because of India. End of!

No India would just exploit our economy like it is doing now. I did suggest isolate the Bangladesh economy from India but ensure that we got a fair deal. The present government is just giving everything away. I just want India to pay the market value on everything without any easy concessions.

This big neighbour ready to devour a small neighbour mentality will not be apt because of this globalization of trade. India and Bangladesh both export more to outside world than to its neighbours. For example regional trade in south Asia is less than 2% of GDP while in East Asia it is more than 20%. I don't understand how these low volumes of regional trade will constitute exploitation.

The cost of trading within region is among the highest in the world because of higher level of protectionist policies compared to rest of the world. So, we need to overcome these political differences and start trusting each other. As a first step we can remove these non tariff barriers that we have set up. We can move towards FTA between both our countries and India is ready to move forward in this direction. We are waiting for a nod from your side but your political climate is not favourable for its implementation.

This big neighbour ready to devour a small neighbour mentality will not be apt because of this globalization of trade. India and Bangladesh both export more to outside world than to its neighbours. For example regional trade in south Asia is less than 2% of GDP while in East Asia it is more than 20%. I don't understand how these low volumes of regional trade will constitute exploitation.

The cost of trading within region is among the highest in the world because of higher level of protectionist policies compared to rest of the world. So, we need to overcome these political differences and start trusting each other. As a first step we can remove these non tariff barriers that we have set up. We can move towards FTA between both our countries and India is ready to move forward in this direction. We are waiting for a nod from your side but your political climate is not favourable for its implementation.

India has no intention of trading with Bangladesh. It just wants to use Bangladesh territory as a conduit or transit hub to its North Eastern States. Bangladesh does not benefit from this arrangement.

BD will surely overtake Pakistan in per capita GDP soon and total GDP after 15 to 20 years.

that will not be happening for the foreseeable future . as we Currently stand Per Capita GDP of 3 countries are

Pakistan = $1,555
India = $1,491
BAN = 1,044

It is better to prove your statements with facts , ranter then Imagination .

that will not be happening for the foreseeable future . as we Currently stand Per Capita GDP of 3 countries are

Pakistan = $1,555
India = $1,491
BAN = 1,044

No source.

Here are correct figures for 2013, from IMF:

India Gross domestic product per capita, current prices U.S. dollars Units 1,500.757

Pakistan Gross domestic product per capita, current prices U.S. dollars Units 1,260.736

International Monetary Fund

Nice try.

It is better to prove your statements with facts , ranter then Imagination .

Exactly. I know lieing about facts helps soothe your self esteem, but have some shame.

Back
Top Bottom