What's new

Can Bangladesh overtake Pakistan's economy in size?

Please show the link. Don't drop a number and run away like your Think tank friend did. Give a link or name of the 'official' report which states $264 billion as 2013 GDP.

It is highly recommanded,you should atleast now start using brain.

Pakistan GDP in PKR term by this June is estimated to be 29.7Trillion dollars(26.3Trillion last year)

With the current exchange rate of PKR with dollar it stand at 303Billion dollars(By june 2014).Even though it is more than cofirmed that by june PKR exchange rate with dollar might decrease to 95 but still using 98.

So the per capita income of both countries is

Pakistan 303Bn$/183=1655$

India 1.7tn$/1241=1369$

Source:(Most latests)

Pakistan GDP 29.7trillion pkr

An official said this meant a power tariff increase in 2014-15 to generate Rs120 billion at an estimated GDP size of Rs29.7 trillion.

Govt to raise Rs235bn from power, gas tariff hike - DAWN.COM

Indian GDP 1.7trillion dollars
* In dollar terms, has the Indian economy grown or shrunk? - News Oneindia

NOTE:To get a Complete detail of Pakistan 29.7trillion pkr GDP by this june,You will have to wait only 2 months more.

It is highly recommanded,you should atleast now start using brain.

Pakistan GDP in PKR term by this June is estimated to be 29.7Trillion dollars(26.3Trillion last year)

With the current exchange rate of PKR with dollar it stand at 303Billion dollars(By june 2014).Even though it is more than cofirmed that by june PKR exchange rate with dollar might decrease to 95 but still using 98.

India 1.7tn$/1241=1369$

NOTE:To get a Complete detail of Pakistan 29.7trillion pkr GDP by this june,You will have to wait only 2 months more.

They are still using old figures when Indian currency worth was 45 and not 60 for every $. Similar thing happened with Pakistan GDP in 2008 after PPP came and IMF loan. Our per capita suddenly dropped below even Indian one for the first time in history.

Now its back to normal and where it should be.

Stop Quoting 2011/12 Figures .. how many times do i have to tell you ??

Pakistan's Current GDP stands around $266bn while India's Stand around $1.8tr ... And if you bother to ever read Economic Journals you would Know that ..

After all this time, still can't even name one 'economic journal' which says this, let alone providing a link/screenshot. I think I need to dumb down my standards for you lot.

Okay, so we use 266 billion for your GDP (source: F.O.X. says so).

266 billion / 183.343 million = $1450.83

now using your all-knowing estimate for India's GDP (even though in 2012 India had 1.842 trillion nominal):

1.8 tr / 1,236,344,631 = $1455.90

Even with your cooked up figures for GDP, it still doesn't match your earlier statement :lol:

It is highly recommanded,you should atleast now start using brain..

Indeed. :rolleyes:

I

India 1.7tn$/1241=1369$

So you are using an estimate for FY 2015 given by an official quoted by dawn newspaper, when we're clearly talking about comparison based on past figures? (2013)

Show me a credible source which says Indian GDP is verifiably 1.7 trillion dollars, from a neutral third party body like IMF or World Bank - not some third-rate speculative news article.

I know there is something called nationalism, but you people combine it with lack of knowledge and take it to completely new levels.

After all this time, still can't even name one 'economic journal' which says this, let alone providing a link/screenshot. I think I need to dumb down my standards for you lot.

Okay, so we use 266 billion for your GDP (source: F.O.X. says so).

266 billion / 183.343 million = $1450.83

now using your all-knowing estimate for India's GDP (even though in 2012 India had 1.842 trillion nominal):

1.8 tr / 1,236,344,631 = $1455.90

Even with your cooked up figures for GDP, it still doesn't match your earlier statement :lol:

So you are using an estimate for FY 2015 given by an official quoted by dawn newspaper, when we're clearly talking about comparison based on past figures? (2013)

Show me a credible source which says Indian GDP is verifiably 1.7 trillion dollars, from a neutral third party body like IMF or World Bank - not some third-rate speculative news article.

I know there is something called nationalism, but you people combine it with lack of knowledge and take it to completely new levels.

$1.7 trillion is your own goverment figure. Its very easy, give me Indian gdp in rupees then we convert in to $. Sound easy right? Or its to much for your monkey like brain to understand? Or your stupid brain think Indian economy is in $ so GDP nominal value can never go down or up in $?

You guys are hilarious, and $264b figure is last year and $303b gdp this year not next.

Upto this year June,i have already told you to start using brain.

2012-13FY=26-26.3Trillion pkr GDP
2013-14FY=29.7trillion PKR GDP

Well it was reported throughout your media,

Indian GDP has shrink to 1.7Trillion dollars and many indian on this forum will agree with me.

This is what happens when your currency value within 15months decreases from 45 to 60 against a dollar.

This year alone in the last 4months,Pakistan rupee is appreciated by almost 7% and growing and add to this the growth rate of more than 4%,our Nominal GDP because of such reason will see a sudden increase

Nigeria changed economic base this year and its GDP increased by more than 60% within a year.Pakistan informal GDP is said to be more than 40% of its formal GDP.We will certainly change our base next year.Hence expect atleast a 100Billion dollars increase.

India's economic growth pegged at 4.9% in 2013-14

Farm sector to push growth to 4.9 per cent in 2013-14 | Deccan Chronicle

instead of Pakistan which is in a different region ,it would be better for Bangladesh to compete with countries in its region like India ,Thailand, Myanmar, Sri lanka , Malaysia etc
for Pakistan it should be India, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, China, Iran, Oman, Uae,Turkey etc
different regions different geo-political dynamics, its as simple as that

He is comparing for the mere fact that the both BD and Pakistan split more than 40 years ago. I fail to see the wisdom in that however one can ask such question out of simple curiosity.

that will not be happening for the foreseeable future . as we Currently stand Per Capita GDP of 3 countries are

Pakistan = $1,555
India = $1,491
BAN = 1,044

It is better to prove your statements with facts , ranter then Imagination .
Here are the recent estimates from IMF.......:lol:
India-1584
Pakistan-1296

@himalayah

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its better to prove your statistics by links instead of calculating yourself by imaginated figures :lol:

Here are the recent estimates from IMF.......:lol:
India-1584
Pakistan-1296

@himalayah

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its better to prove your statistics by links instead of calculating yourself by imaginated figures :lol:
Every Monitory Institute calculates GDPas per their requirement based on their own formulas , hence it is different for all of them , i.e. WB/ADB/IMF .. so before you try to be an expert based on wiki figures try to learn some economics & Financial calculations .. then we will talk .. i cannot waste my time here .

Every Monitory Institute calculates GDPas per their requirement based on their own formulas , hence it is different for all of them , i.e. WB/ADB/IMF .. so before you try to be an expert based on wiki figures try to learn some economics & Financial calculations .. then we will talk .. i cannot waste my time here .
"These figures have been taken from the International Monetary Fund's World Economic Outlook (WEO) database, April 2014 edition."
And GDP figures that you posted here and what IMF has predicted are preety much equal,now what is your point??
I know that they have different methodologies to calculate GDP.Why dont you show me the links from other monetary institutes of the figures you have posted??

Back
Top Bottom