What's new

Can Bangladesh overtake Pakistan's economy in size?

Yeah but when you will overtake Pakistan then only you will be able to ovetake Srilanka.
then add India there too :haha:
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

BD should enter call center industry which created India's economic boom.
Some times, height of ignorance among Pakistanis still amazes me :)

The IMF estimates for Pak are based off 2.1% Growth rate since 2008-09.

Pakistan had already expanded to almost 300Billion dollars GDP by this year june.It is very much possible to reach 550Billion dollars by 2018-19.While BD will merely reach 200Billion dollars by 2018

Really? 15.5% growth for Pakistan, year on year for next 5 years ?

Really? 15.5% growth for Pakistan, year on year for next 5 years ?

Higher than even this in Nominal Term.

I can give you examples of Indian Growth rate only 6-7% but the GDP increased by more than 15% from the past

Higher than even this in Nominal Term.

I can give you examples of Indian Growth rate only 6-7% but the GDP increased by more than 15% from the past

I understand that. However, Pakistan's inflation = 8 % approx and real GDP growth is ~ 3-4%. Still does not add up to 15% even if I take 300 million USD as a base (which its not)

I understand that. However, Pakistan's inflation = 8 % approx and real GDP growth is ~ 3-4%. Still does not add up to 15% even if I take 300 million USD as a base (which its not)

Official Figure of Pakistan GDP in PKR are yet not available.But so far from the estimation as per dawn news Pakistan GDP in PKR is 29.7trillion.

Pakistan GDP growth rate this year again will be higher than 4%.Or atleast not below 4%

I
@karan21 : BD does have shipbuilding, pharmaceuticals, IT and electronics industries that are currently expanding. While garments cannot propel BD forever, it is useful to provide revenue for further development while the other industries develop.

These are insignificantly small..

its simply not possible because urban density is too high, theyre more susceptiple to shocks in global demand for the commodities they rely on for export; not to mention the fact that as a country they are smaller, and more prone to natural disasters (even more than Pakistan, which says a lot) - meaning funds routed often for social programs are forced to go towards rehab/relief

their labor is much cheaper than ours though which can be a plus for them on macro and micro level

Bdesh has immense potential because like Pakistan, it has a large young population. Their literacy rates overall are better than ours. What they need to do is get rid of that miserable woman leader of theirs - the pro-india puppet who is hell bent on taking BD down to the gutter by basically selling away all its national interest to a bully that kills its citizens everyday at the border.

Overtaking Pakistans economy though? Not happening anytime soon. By 2050, with population size increased (something we need to work on is planning which thanks to Jamaati type azzholes we are not doing) our GDP is slated to be approximately 3+ trillion USD.

In terms of GDP/capita, BD looks set to surpass Pakistan by the latter half of this decade.

Overall GDP will take a bit longer as Pakistan has a population that is now
30 million larger.

@karan21 : BD does have shipbuilding, pharmaceuticals, IT and electronics industries that are currently expanding. While garments cannot propel BD forever, it is useful to provide revenue for further development while the other industries develop.

with all due respect, you are wrong on all accounts - except the latter portion

Back
Top Bottom