What's new

Can Bangladesh overtake Pakistan's economy in size?

Sikh can't understand these simple things, even hindu baniyas are having hard time. I would advice sikh like you to not waste any time.

Seriously Nuri, why brother? Why bring faith into this! We also have Sikhs. Edit your post. It just counts as trolling.

Richer in what way? Indian hunger is greater then every other south asian nation as of 2013 report. Stop living in delusions and wasting others time with sardar stupidity.
india may be poor but Pakistanis ar super poor. that's the difference..and as far as sardars are concerned never seen a sardar begging or dieng of hunger. fo you povety is dieing of hunger and for sardars poverty is not having 45 inch tv or car at home

india may be poor but Pakistanis ar super poor. that's the difference..and as far as sardars are concerned never seen a sardar begging or dieng of hunger.

Again showing your stupidity, what part of Indian being more hungry then any other South Asian nation including Pakistan you didnt understand?

Again showing your stupidity, what part of Indian being more hungry then any other South Asian nation including Pakistan you didnt understand?
india is still a better place to live than Pakistan where you never know when some stupid mulla will blow himself up n crowded market for virgins.

according to estimation in dawn news???? what you mean???
dawn news is a news source.. if some official claim 35 trillion pkr tomorrow.. they will report the same..
your views about IMF economic outlook is also wrong.. these datas are published in every year with latest datas.. for example 2014 outlook Pakistan datas are updated as of march 2014.. also pak gdp nominal 2013 in outlook 2014 is not an estimated figure.. it is the actual figure.. the estimated figures start from shaded region that is from 2014 onwards.. check the datas...
so Pak 2013 gdp is 238 billion usd.. pak will cross 300 in 2018..
also these updates are given to IMF by your govt agencies.. they gave the figure 22 trillion pkr in 2013 to IMF..

The reason i had told you earlier to wait atleast 2months to get a complete detail of the GDP in PKR.the dawn source only provide a estimated figure.

IMF data is right but the predictions are based of old growth rate.

Please remember my old example of how indian gdp with only 7% Growth rate instead witnessed 15% Increase in Nominal GDP between 2003-04 and similar happened till 2009

historically we had higher per capita income than india. these past few years since WoT is just a blip where overtaken us. despite that average condition of infrastructure and living is much higher of commoner than 850 million living in extreme poverty next door. you can just read accounts from 50s to 90s to see how big gap was back then. once we get out of this mess next year your shortlived bragging will finish, already there are reports indicating pace of economy picking back up :p:

forget about bangladesh, gap is far too huge to even compare. too many poor souls cramped in a cage. on top of that a drowning cage :(

Last edited:
historically we had higher per capita income than india. these past few years since WoT is just a blip where overtaken us. despite that average condition of infrastructure and living is much higher of commoner than 850 million living in extreme poverty next door. you can just read accounts from 50s to 90s to see how big gap was back then. once we get out of this mess next year your shortlived bragging will finish, already there are reports indicating pace of economy picking back up :p:

forget about bangladesh, gap is far too huge to even compare. too many poor souls cramped in a cage. on top of that a drowning cage :(
you don't have good universities..there is shortage of electricity. majority of raods are mud roads in your country. no metro rail system. suicide bomber roam around freely, no industries and neither good hospitals. then howcome your standard of living is better than us when 90 % of you live in abject poverty

you don't have good universities..there is shortage of electricity. majority of raods are mud roads in your country. no metro rail system. suicide bomber roam around freely, no industries and neither good hospitals. then howcome your standard of living is better than us.

come to Pakistan and see yourself. you are sikh i'm guessing yes? ask any of your pilgrims to compare our Punjab with your doaba. you'll be shocked. the most prestigious university in Punjab since british times, is located here. i've heard you guys opened a fake version of it over there :lol:

the kind of grinding poverty you guys have in india is unmatched even by african countries. honestly that you can brag about anything when 78 % of your population is going without food, is just pathetic. i would die of shame if my countrymen were dying of starvation and the rest of us went about our daily lives (before you bring up thar drought, that is rare occurrence and was swiftly taken care of by civil society/govt)

come to Pakistan and see yourself. you are sikh i'm guessing yes? ask any of your pilgrims to compare our Punjab with your doaba. you'll be shocked. the most prestigious university in Punjab since british times, is located here. i've heard you guys opened a fake version of it over there :lol:

the kind of grinding poverty you guys have in india is unmatched even by african countries. honestly that you can brag about anything when 78 % of your population is going without food, is just pathetic. i would die of shame if my countrymen were dying of starvation and the rest of us went about our daily lives (before you bring up thar drought, that is rare occurrence and was swiftly taken care of by civil society/govt)
if 78% are hungry in my country then howcome we have 50% middle class people.. Bombay has higher gdp than whole of Pakistan. and our government provides 1 rupee atta dal for poor people so no question of hunger. and gurudwaras are always open with free langer. believe what you see with your own eyes and not propaganda

In the tale of two Punjabs, that were split apart by a line drawn hastily by Sir Cyril Radcliffe in 1947, the Indian state has clearly shot ahead of its Pakistani counterpart on the farm front.

The level of mechanisation of agriculture is much higher on the Indian side. The number of tractors and diversity of brands seen operating in India's Punjab quite outnumbers the Pakistan side.

While combined harvesters are a rare sight in Pakistan, where wheat and paddy are cut manually, they are indigenously manufactured in India and their use is widespread.

pak-punjab_230_022012031635.jpg
Not enough tractors to go around in Pakistan's Punjab.
With the flow of labour from Bihar reduced to a trickle due to the success of local rural employment schemes, Punjab farmers have stepped up the level of mechanisation even further with the use of fodder harvesting machines as well.

Indian trucks loaded with consignments of hybrid tomatoes and green chillies for export to Pakistan through the Attari-Wagah border provide ample evidence of the advances that Indian agricultural scientists have notched up over their Pakistani counterparts.

Pakistani seed importer Tahir Saleem, who has a tie-up with an Indian seed company, told Mail Today at the India Show in Lahore that hybrid seeds are sown in less than one-fifth of the roughly one lakh acre under tomato cultivation in Pakistan. The rest of the area is under the local variety, which has a yield that is a mere onetenth of the hybrid seeds.

The yields of wheat, paddy and sugarcane are also much higher in India.

Apart from better seeds, farmers on the Indian side of the Punjab border have greater access to fertilisers. Cruising through the 370 km Islamabad-Lahore motorway, one could see several patches of light green wheat fields clearly showing that the crop was deficient in nitrogenous fertiliser. In contrast, the wheat fields on the Indian side were a lush dark green carpet reflecting the better health of the crop.

Similarly, on the Pakistan side, one can see stretches of unproductive saline or "Kallar" land. All such wastelands on the Indian side have been reclaimed years ago with liberal doses of gypsum, which is in short supply in Pakistan.

An official of public sector MMTC at the India Show told Mail Today that the company had got a lot of enquiries about fertilisers and gypsum in particular from visitors.

punjab-pak_230_022012031635.jpg
Primitive fodder cutting machine on Pakistan's side.
It is not that the Pakistan's Punjab has nothing to offer. It has a rich network of canals and the Chenab and Jhelum rivers flowing out of Jammu and Kashmir carry plenty of water. There are also a lot of kinnow orchards which export fruit to the Gulf through the sea route and are reported to be doing a good business.

However, the difference in the level of prosperity is reflected in the size of the houses in Indian villages which are much bigger and sport a concrete finish. On the Pakistan side, villages still have some mud houses and there are more houses with a mere brick finish.

Besides, cars are a common sight in the villages of India's Punjab but one only occasionally gets a glimpse of them in the villages on the other side.

Apart from the income of the farmers, the cost of buying a car such as a Suzuki's Maruti 800 or Alto in Pakistan is more than three times that in India and, therefore, not easily affordable.

if 78% are hungry in my country then howcome we have 50% middle class people.. Bombay has higher gdp than whole of Pakistan. and our government provides 1 rupee atta dal for poor people so no question of hunger. and gurudwaras are always open with free langer. believe what you see with your own eyes and not propaganda

50% middle class? where is your source for this.. last i read it was 250 million. so 250/1200 = 50% now? there was a story in another thread about how these so called middle class are majority extremely low middle class who just graduated out of slums or poor rural areas.

bombay also has one of the biggest shitholes in the world called dhravii. documentaries are not propaganda when 99% of them show the same thing.

PAKISTANIS MY ADVISE BEFORE MAKING TALL CLAIMS Y NOT C THE DIFFERNCE WITH YOUR OWN EYES

Although tractors cars and combines are common in indian Punjab its a rare sight in Pakistan. Pakistani villages are mud housed and here even the poorest have brick houses. another difference is roads in villages.. our roads are paved in Pakistan stil unpaved roads

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom